SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#356802 - 12/17/12 09:11 PM Does Anyone Know If This Is Available
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Just wondering if this has been implemented yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIiuSglLMY

Deane

Edited by hammer (12/17/12 09:12 PM)

#356803 - 12/17/12 09:42 PM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: hammer]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
Deanne, I was at George Kays shop many months ago and the Yamaha rep. was there. Asked him about this software and he said they were going to meet with Craig to discuss how to handle it. I would call Yamaha and ask them if you want the latest info.
regards, chuck

#356858 - 12/18/12 11:39 AM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: tyroschuck]
Tony Hughes Offline

You would be better taking singing lessons, you may well be vocally competent before it's on the market and this was done to death sometime back, circa Tyros 1 rotf2 Pipe Dreams unless you know better.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#356879 - 12/18/12 02:31 PM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It can be done in software now. But this is either an SMF tool or you have to PLAY the melody to give the correct pitch for the autotune to work, even if built into the arranger. This is never going to work without YOU providing the correct notes in realtime in arranger mode.

The trick is, if you use auto tune as a general 'tweak-up' mode, you can't sing more than a quarter-tone sharp or flat or the corrected pitch will go wrong (and especially if you sit close to that quarter tone out of tune,. you get the famous Auto-Tune 'wobble/trill'). For this to be as effective, you need to input the EXACT notes and the autotune will put you to that note no matter WHAT you sing...

#356885 - 12/18/12 06:17 PM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Diki,
I have been looking for something like this but something that can be used in real time live without the need to previously record anything. Playing the melody line while singing would not be a problem. During my Cervical Spin Surgery the surgeon messed up my vocal cords and now my singing voice greatly resembles that of a teenager whose voice is changing. I have very little range or control left.

Deane

#356891 - 12/18/12 10:50 PM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: hammer]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Have a listen to this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITT6bYYGVfM

Allan

#356895 - 12/18/12 11:56 PM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: tassiespirit]
Tony Hughes Offline

Alan,

Brilliant this is as far as it will go, confined to the joke books. Deane, I know you have a particular problem, but for all those out there who can't sing in tune, don't sing, if Yamaha haven't done it yet it won't get done.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#356902 - 12/19/12 01:09 AM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: Tony Hughes]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Alan,

Brilliant this is as far as it will go, confined to the joke books. Deane, I know you have a particular problem, but for all those out there who can't sing in tune, don't sing, if Yamaha haven't done it yet it won't get done.

Tony

Hey Toni, Jokes aside; I was actually point your attention to the actual software that they use to do this. Yes it is done through software for a PC but my be adapted to live, if you stage your songs correctly. You are right not straight forward nor easy.

Allan

#356911 - 12/19/12 02:42 AM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Antares (the company that invented the Auto-Tune software) used to make a rack mount AVP-1 unit that would do pitch correction keyed by MIDI, and I think that several of the newer 'harmonizer' modules can do MIDI keyed pitch correction. If you are looking to do this live, you might want to take a look at some of them.

#356915 - 12/19/12 05:19 AM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: hammer]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Deanne, the Roland VP770 (and the VP550 before it) will do this and a WHOLE LOT MORE. A little expensive but if you knew what it can do, especially when paired with an arranger, you'd probably consider it a bargin. Definitely, one of the most fun keyboards out there. BTW, I have a like-new VP550 that I'd let someone have cheap (I upgraded to the VP770). You can actually just TALK the lyrics into this thing (while playing the midi note) and it will 'sing' the song for you. Check it out at the Roland site.

chas

#356935 - 12/19/12 08:03 AM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: cgiles]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Gentlemen...
Please clarify.
What I would want is for the pitch correction to follow MELODY notes I key on the keyboard...not based on chords.
I have never seen anything that will do this??
Thanks much,
Lee

#356974 - 12/19/12 01:50 PM Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is Available [Re: hammer]
Diki Offline

Actually, most hardware harmony machines (if they have a MIDI in) and most software auto-tune type programs can do this. In fact, it is common in studios to give the pitch correction a MIDI guideline to follow (if you aren't hand-drawing the pitch correction), because the half steps of the scale always give the pitch correction fits if set to correct to the nearest half step.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online