SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#356744 - 12/17/12 04:10 AM HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (12/17/12 04:16 AM)

#356750 - 12/17/12 07:09 AM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
The stuff looks very innovative and cool but the prices are really up there and I would wonder about service in this country. Although not my main concern when buying something new I also have an eye towards reselling in the future when the next lastest greatest thing comes along and I don't think there would be much of a market.

Bill in NJ

#356753 - 12/17/12 08:17 AM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

My friends in Germany rave about the HK Audio gear......

#356787 - 12/17/12 12:51 PM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Dnj]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
THey sound amazing!!!

#356792 - 12/17/12 01:42 PM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: frankieve]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hey Frankie,
How would you compare it to the Bose?
Would you compare it to the compact or L1?
Thanks
Eric

#356796 - 12/17/12 05:12 PM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Eric, B]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Eric,
Last week I had a chance to listen to both units (L1 and elements sub box plus 2 mid/high speakers) side by side. They both sounded amazing but IMO different style of sounds.. The Bose is very smooth and well blended/balanced similar to their bose lifestyle home theatre systems except amplified. The HK had more grunt where the base and highs were more separated and cleaner sounding.. Both units are excellent in their own unique sounds and its each to their ears.. I opted for for a set of HKs , personally, better built German manufactured, (Bose is made in China) and very slick looking as well as being able to upgrade.
I test run the unit at home.. Loved every minute of it.. I traded a pair of JBL eons 515XT and 518sSub , and I believe is is a far better sounding set up and much more portable.
Regards, Ky

#356815 - 12/18/12 12:29 AM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
All highs and lows,
no mids,
that's Bose...! eek2

'Well blended/balanced'... only if your idea of a good home stereo is the loudness button on and a 'smile' on the EQ rolleyes There's a reason you NEVER see Bose lifestyle systems in studios.

#356831 - 12/18/12 05:49 AM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Eric, B]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
HK designed their system with the Bose stuff in mind.

the Nano would be the Bose Compact

the Elements would be the L1 stuff

Everyone has their own opinion and likes of sound, so I can only go on my own perspective.

I think the HK stuff sounds and performs more like pro audio gear, the Bose while great, I think shines when playing back pre-recorded music to a degree.

If you want, give me a call and I can go deeper into this

#356832 - 12/18/12 05:51 AM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Diki]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Diki,
Well I'm no sound engineer nor maybe a sound expert like yourself in try finding the best sounding PA system on the market within ones budget. But I'm definitely not here to bag or criticise any company that manufacture these products, I'm entitled to sharing my opinion according to what I've heard and the types of music i prefer that goes through this systems as I audition them.
There are people that have very high regards for bose products and if bose brings sweet music to their ears and joy into their lives, then who's the expert to tell them otherwise.
Appreciate what you have, value ones opinion and expect the unexpected surprise...
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Ky

#356846 - 12/18/12 07:52 AM Re: HK Audio Elements PA & Sound Caddy systems [Re: Kytrinh]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Kytrinh
Hi Eric,
Last week I had a chance to listen to both units (L1 and elements sub box plus 2 mid/high speakers) side by side. They both sounded amazing but IMO different style of sounds.. The Bose is very smooth and well blended/balanced similar to their bose lifestyle home theatre systems except amplified. The HK had more grunt where the base and highs were more separated and cleaner sounding.. Both units are excellent in their own unique sounds and its each to their ears.. I opted for for a set of HKs , personally, better built German manufactured, (Bose is made in China) and very slick looking as well as being able to upgrade.
I test run the unit at home.. Loved every minute of it.. I traded a pair of JBL eons 515XT and 518sSub , and I believe is is a far better sounding set up and much more portable.
Regards, Ky

Just wondering what HK system you got to replace such a powerful JBL system ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online