SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#356265 - 12/10/12 02:28 AM Singers Choice
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I know a lot of members sing and play. I have been using a conventional mike on a stand but it takes some time to get the mike in the right place so that you can see the keyboard and also it looks cumbersome. What are the alternatives and the best solution? I have a 6500, a 7000 and a PSR910. I use a Bose Compact and plug the mic into the Bose, not the keyboard. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Not worried too much about the price. Cheers. Jean.

#356266 - 12/10/12 03:48 AM Re: Singers Choice [Re: Jean Olivia]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jean Gary (Traveling Easy) uses a headset which rests on his ears and is extended to the front. No stand needed – not in your way to see music and keyboard – BUT not for everyone. You need a great deal of voice control and don’t sneeze or whatever.

I have been using a mic. Stand with an adjustable extension. As far as how it looks – I feel people are used to seeing the setup so do what feels best.

John C.

#356320 - 12/10/12 01:52 PM Re: Singers Choice [Re: Jean Olivia]
Jean Olivia Offline

Thanks Bruno. I will do a lot of research before I switch.Maybe I need a better mic stand. I only have the stand which can be ued upright or I can undo the lever thing and tip it sideways. The trouble I find with it is no matter how hard I tighten the adjuster ,the mic drops down about an inch while I am singing. Maybe there is a better stand. Cheers Jean.

#356345 - 12/10/12 06:46 PM Re: Singers Choice [Re: Jean Olivia]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jean for one the problems you wrote about are shared by many. My Mic. Stand has a tri-part base so when extending the boom with the Mic. On it tends to lean --- so I have a felt around the stand where it rests against the keyboard – Two parts of the tri-stand are on the outside and the other part with the Mic. is resting on the keyboard.

The boom that drops:
I tried putting in new pressure pads, it’s a bit of a job. Since the stand is always at the same height ( I make sure that when I extend the stand it it’s always the same height) I drilled a small hole and put a small hinge pin into the boom where you tighten it. Please don’t lose the pin.

John C.

#356366 - 12/11/12 02:02 AM Re: Singers Choice [Re: bruno123]
Jean Olivia Offline

Bruno - I will get one of the fellas to look at your suggestion with the pin. I still would like to do away with the stand so I will do a bit of researching over the holidays. A CrownCM-311A seems to have a good reputation. Also there is a new SM PRO Dual led Sconce light 71176. Do you know it? Light is also a problem in dark venues for me. I have bought a couple of lights, but none are really satisfactory. My new year resolution is to make it all easier!!!Cheers. Jean.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online