SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#356234 - 12/09/12 05:33 PM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: cgiles
please stop trying to tell other people what their opinion should be or what they should embrace. The major Touring acts you alluded to are able to 'embrace the technology' because they FIRST made it the old fashioned way, with above-average TALENT.

Hey Chas - why so angry, man? I didn't attack you. I offered up info that you might not have, that's all. I've never seen a million bucks, but I know it's possible to attain. (well, not for ME)Don't be so quick to defend the big stars either - talent has never been the driving force behind show biz success. In today's world of music - the success is based on a very tiny demographic of teens who do most of the buying, and the standard changes every 6 months. Look at William Hung, and how does Andy Richter even HAVE a job on TV? It's called Show Business, not Show ART (Miss Piggy), and I've made a comfortable living in the biz. I'll never be rich, but I'm blessed to love each day I go to work. I loved it in my pre-auto days and I love it now. Technology keeps us fresh, and I love every new toy I buy.

The fact that I offer advise from the trenches doesn't make me an "oracle" ... just a well seasoned gear-head who has tried almost every brand and model of keyboard that has been on the shelves. Inquiring minds want to know ... so I share.

Thanx for the good wishes at the Crab Trap - it's one of the best music jobs I've ever had. Great clientele, awesome management and terrific food. I make good music - they pay good money. Win/Win!

Merry Christmas, or whatever makes you merry.
UD

#356246 - 12/09/12 08:21 PM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: abacus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Oh boy, here we go with the 'angry' thing again. Give it a rest, pleeeeeese. Everybody that doesn't cotton up to your condescending, patronizing, bull.. uh, manner, isn't necessarily angry, maybe they just don't need or want a self-appointed 'uncle'. BTW, the last time I heard the "why so angry" line was from your buddy Donny. You guys use the same writer? If so, maybe it's time to try some new material. In fact, instead of you trying to be my therapist, why don't we talk about say, the PA3x. I was thinking about upgrading my PA1x but just can't see the point of it. It still sounds pretty good to me and probably provides as many arrangement ideas as any other arranger. For the type of music that I like, the Korg styles are the only ones that do anything for me. My band mates like it but only for about 10 or 15 minutes, then it's like, back to business. Could be because I'm not a very good arranger player. My next keyboard may be the new Nord Electro 4d. Anyhow, with advancing arthritis in my right wrist and diminishing stamina, I may soon hang it up anyway, at least the playing out part. Gotta' give it up sometime. Have a nice day.

chas

#356249 - 12/09/12 08:44 PM Re: What makes the Korg Song Book So Good? [Re: abacus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK Chaz, we'll talk 3x.
(hope I don't sound too condescending or patronizing)
I still think it's the best looking, best built keyboard I ever had, and it sounds FANTASTIC. I was last this impressed by my Yamaha 900Pro (no psr prefix, I think that was the one)- metal body, XLR mic input - solid piece, and great sounding for it's day. For THIS day - the 3x has the look, sounds, the patterns, the playback and the FEEL of a true champion. If my "gig" with Justin Bieber (we share the same birth date) ever comes through, I'm takin' the 3x out on the road with me. It'll sit on top of my Rhodes suitcase and that's all I'll need - unless I can find another D-6 to get funky with. (Maybe I'd add a dedicated organ if the roadies wouldn't mind carrying it)I can't imagine a scenario that I would feel lacking if I had the 3x on the job. The only reason it's not going out with me on my one night stands is the lack of on board speakers. I had the Pa-as and it was awesome, but bulky. I need light and fit ...
So, I'm glad you're not angry, and I'm sorry that you don't need an experienced uncle's input, but I think we can agree on the 3x as a top contender in anyone's rig for living room or stadium.
BTW, the "uncle" was a term of endearment when I started student teaching years ago. I was too young to be "Mr" anything, and the nuns (Catholic School) wouldn't let the elementary school students call me by my first name, so we settled on Uncle Dave ... it just stuck.
The sounds on the 3x are more defined than the 1x, and the samples are improved with the DNC effects too. I really think you'd like the upgrade.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online