SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35620 - 07/07/10 10:34 PM Has this happed to your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

HI All,

I was playing the Auday this morning and for some unknown reason the HD light came on in red and it disabled the START STOP button I could not start a style, only with the INTRO ENDING button. I pressed the HD button and it went off, everthing was OK. It was 04:00 this morning could that be the reason, too early.

COUNT IN still Ok Skude!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35621 - 07/08/10 05:33 AM Re: Has this happed to your Audya
Tonewheeldude Offline

sounds like the hard drive stalled. I know you have had your drive out a few times. Check the cable between the drive and main board. (unplu it and plug it back in again)

#35622 - 07/08/10 05:41 AM Re: Has this happed to your Audya
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi Tony:

That's a new one. I haven't had that happen with mine.

My problems remain the same:

1. Left audio out channel sometimes doesn't work.

2. Overall audio out volume sometimes isn't as loud or drops off while playing or distorts.

3. Vocal harmonizer volume / sensitivity slider problems.

4. Style accompaniment will jump time and skip like a scratched CD.

These four glitches have been my only on going problems and they have been hit and miss.

New Sound Board didn't help.

I still show an error in Ket A09. I reinstalled the OS going back to 2.0 and then each subsequent OS release. No help.

I reinstalled the Parm files after new Sound Board was installed, No help.

I have a new Main Board on the way.

Once installed, I'll post the outcome on SZ.

Hopefully my Audio out problems will be resolved with the new Main Board.

Despite my problems, I still love my machine! The new Styles and improved solo voices will be a wonderful up grade.

Come on Ketron, where is the rest of 4.1a ????!!!!

Jim

#35623 - 07/08/10 08:11 AM Re: Has this happed to your Audya
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
HI All,

I was playing the Auday this morning and for some unknown reason the HD light came on in red and it disabled the START STOP button I could not start a style, only with the INTRO ENDING button. I pressed the HD button and it went off, everthing was OK. It was 04:00 this morning could that be the reason, too early.

COUNT IN still Ok Skude!

Tony
They just arrested some people here planning terrorisme, making bombs. May be that's were my "count in" went. Who know's may be it will be back now. I see red light flashing, before I turn my Audya on.
skude

#35624 - 07/08/10 08:41 AM Re: Has this happed to your Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
sounds like the hard drive stalled. I know you have had your drive out a few times. Check the cable between the drive and main board. (unplu it and plug it back in again)

TWD,

This is not loose cables, I will tell you what I was doing at the time and it has happened before, I was playing left and right hand will around 8 keys whilst swiftly changes voice I was play " I am what I am" rather fast beat and changing voices fast on the fly and this is when it did it. It is definitely not a bad connection, I can assure you. It could just be that song it didn’t like, more the speed I was changing setting it doesn’t like, it is lot for it to take in, and all those tracks inside the ROMS coming alive.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35625 - 07/09/10 10:24 PM Re: Has this happed to your Audya
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
I wonder if this happen because the rapid switching of sounds that you was doing. Never have happen to me.

I will like to know how the Audya switch sounds from memory. In computers when a program or process is running in memory and is no active anymore is keep in memory as long there is any available; if no is "swaped" to disk. This create a lot of crashed servers in computer world.
The Audya does no have a lot of memory; maybe the issue that you saw was because the switching between disk and memory.
In that respect I think that the Audya5 is going to have an advantage (more memory) over the original audya. It will be nice if Ketron can offer an expansion memory board for the original Audya.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online