Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35555 - 07/04/10 06:09 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Hi guys
Just to balance this a little. First, Marcello always reponds to my e-mails, he has not been able to solve my Audya problem, but at least he tried to.
Second, during the last year I have e-mailed Ketron It, and I have been told, like TWD says, to contact the US distributor. I have done that through Frank, and I know he has tried to get the distributor to get things going, it's been very difficult. When Ketron Italy got to know about my Audya problems,( from the UK distributor) to be fair, they did respond to me pretty quick and sent me parts. We all thought that this could solve the problems. It didn't, but I don't think Ketron will just ignore working on a solution. As you all understand I'm not happy about the way things are right now, but I'm still not ready to blame all that's been going on the last year, on Ketron Italy. Everything from now on will be another story, now I expect things to be done differently, yet to see.
skude

Skude,

good for you, that you have got answers. I'm not sure how much emails I wrote during the last 12 months to Ketron, maybe about five, not more. I've got not one single response. The only thing I'm asking for is a professional support as the costs for an Audya are also a kind of "professional".
Meanwhile I have a way to get my answers but nevertheless it is frustrating.

Joe

#35556 - 07/04/10 07:55 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Hi guys
Just to balance this a little. First, Marcello always reponds to my e-mails, he has not been able to solve my Audya problem, but at least he tried to.
Second, during the last year I have e-mailed Ketron It, and I have been told, like TWD says, to contact the US distributor. I have done that through Frank, and I know he has tried to get the distributor to get things going, it's been very difficult. When Ketron Italy got to know about my Audya problems,( from the UK distributor) to be fair, they did respond to me pretty quick and sent me parts. We all thought that this could solve the problems. It didn't, but I don't think Ketron will just ignore working on a solution. As you all understand I'm not happy about the way things are right now, but I'm still not ready to blame all that's been going on the last year, on Ketron Italy. Everything from now on will be another story, now I expect things to be done differently, yet to see.
skude

Skude,

I think reading your mail I know what you are saying and were the blame lies in your case. Yours is a little odd because you bought you KB from the states and took it home to Norway. That does not mean you should be abandoned, this narrow minded attitude if you bought it in this county we will look after you in his country, if you take it to another one hard luck. Most manufactures will see straight through this and help you directly, Dom would, cutting across all the dealers, but they need to know you are having problems, in your case something went sadly wrong and some should take the rap. It’s taken in excess of a year to get you to this stage and you are still no nearer to a KB that works with any certainty. With regard to Marcello I will tell you something now all of you. I spoke to someone in the UK about my Audya problems a year back and they had already had problems with Ketron on SD1, they said if you email Ketron you will never get a reply. So when I first emailed, my emailed contained this statement, saying that I was emailing but I did not expect a reply because I had been informed that the way they worked. They did reply and it was Marcello, he is not technical and perhaps goes and checks with some else anything technical. But in all the many emails I have sent him he has always replied to me, but not lately on question surrounding the upgrades, I know why and I am sure you all know why, they still don’t know themselves. I have worked for manufacturing companies in past and I can tell you if they had treated their client like this they would be out of business, there is no excuse, it is blatant and downright inexcusable. If you want to survive and prosper you need to adapt, are we all completely stupid I guess the answer is Yes, with a capital Y. Skude, I wish you all the best with your Friday made Audya, but I have seen and heard nothing on SZ or anywhere else that will convince me that one year from now you will not be in the same situation. A parrot can only be taught about 4 phrases and then it’s memory is full, this is like a fairy tale “Grim”.

Best of luck with it, don’t hold your breath. Neck hugging and abuse still haven’t worked and the law court you’re out of time!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35557 - 07/04/10 09:09 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hi Tony. only the marketing department at Ketron Italy know the release date of the new sounds and styles. It is their policy not to release information about dates until it has been posted on the official www.ketron.it website. Even other departments within the factory and us at Ketron UK only have a rough estimate.

The problem is, if they tell you in a private email, you may well post the information here and bang goes their official release.

The answer, as near as you will get was posted on the official UK forum some time ago - For whatever reason I am afraid for now that is the only answer you will get out of any of us.

#35558 - 07/04/10 09:10 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Jimgansett Offline

Loc: Millbury, MA
Well, if you have read my posts, you know that Ketron Italy has not helped me with my SD3 problem in over two years. Ted and AJ couldn't help me, so much for the distributor end of things, but at least they tried. Ketron Italy has answered me twice in 2 years and over 35 seperate communications (between myself and the distributor and Ketron Italy) each time asking me to restate the problem (which further makes me believe they never really took it seriously) and never getting back an answer. While I love the sounds of the SD3, I stand by my experiences with Ketron, and my own opinions, and state that as far as I am concerned, Ketron Italy customer service is terrible, products seem to be released before thoroughly alpha and beta tested (see Audya problems). It's really too bad because their sounds are, in my opinion, the best. Too bad they are killing whatever good will they had.

#35559 - 07/04/10 09:31 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimgansett:
Well, if you have read my posts, you know that Ketron Italy has not helped me with my SD3 problem in over two years. Ted and AJ couldn't help me, so much for the distributor end of things, but at least they tried. Ketron Italy has answered me twice in 2 years and over 35 seperate communications (between myself and the distributor and Ketron Italy) each time asking me to restate the problem (which further makes me believe they never really took it seriously) and never getting back an answer. While I love the sounds of the SD3, I stand by my experiences with Ketron, and my own opinions, and state that as far as I am concerned, Ketron Italy customer service is terrible, products seem to be released before thoroughly alpha and beta tested (see Audya problems). It's really too bad because their sounds are, in my opinion, the best. Too bad they are killing whatever good will they had.

Jim,

I take it from that you will not be trading your SD3 in for a new Audya, or have you been seduced by those live drums and you will fall for it. Another Ketron customer with no repeat business. Eventually they run out of customers! TWD it's not just me that has the gripes. There is a common denominator here.
KxxxxxN BTW those are not kisses.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35560 - 07/04/10 11:01 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tonewheeldude Offline

I am glad we don't have the same issues in the UK. The only problem from my point of view is that we have lost a couple of sales because of Synthzone.

I stand by what I have said though. Ketron Italy have worked closely with us. Sometimes they do not understand due to language difficulties so we have to persevere. However much of the problems experienced by owners here could be avoided by the distributor stocking parts (as ketron UK do).

One thing I have learned is not to rely on emails completely as its not unusual for them to get lost in the system (I have about 6000 emails per week go into my junk box - I still have to scan through them as customers messages sometimes end up in there). Often its simpler just telephone the factory directly.

#35561 - 07/04/10 11:41 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
I am glad we don't have the same issues in the UK. The only problem from my point of view is that we have lost a couple of sales because of Synthzone.

I stand by what I have said though. Ketron Italy have worked closely with us. Sometimes they do not understand due to language difficulties so we have to persevere. However much of the problems experienced by owners here could be avoided by the distributor stocking parts (as ketron UK do).

One thing I have learned is not to rely on emails completely as its not unusual for them to get lost in the system (I have about 6000 emails per week go into my junk box - I still have to scan through them as customers messages sometimes end up in there). Often its simpler just telephone the factory directly.

TWD,

You haven't lost sales through SZ. You need to look a lot deeper. It's in there somewhere. If Ketron get their house in order things will happen for you both, if they don't it won't. As anyone actually said to you that the problems people are having which are voiced on SZ have deterred them from buying an Audya, if the answer is yes, then they have been saved from a baptism of fire and SZ is worth its weight in Gold. In the UK car industry it’s called “THE WHICH CAR MAGZINE” it tells you which is best and reveals warts and all! You will not lose sales if your service is good, if you service is crap you don’t desire to be in business. This is 2010 not 1850!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-04-2010).]

#35562 - 07/05/10 07:18 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

I knew that Marcello from Ketron would email back about the date for the new Audya sounds he just said in his email " We hope within shortly" you make of that what you want. This must be good news whatever it means!!!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-05-2010).]

#35563 - 07/05/10 09:35 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Jimgansett Offline

Loc: Millbury, MA
No, Tony, I won't be trading in my SD3 for an Audya, or any other Ketron product unless and until I become convinced that their units are THOROUGHLY tested and work without having to go to x number of updates to achieve that and that if I do have a problem, I can actually get it fixed. Many years ago I opted out of a computer company I worked for because I was in final acceptance and testing and after relating a real bug we found in the software, we were told by VP manufacturing to send out units anyway. It has to do with cash flow. I could not in good conscience send out units that I knew had problems, which is why I left. Two years after I left the company went belly up. Hmmmm... I wonder why. I hope this is not happening with Ketron.

#35564 - 07/05/10 09:43 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimgansett:
No, Tony, I won't be trading in my SD3 for an Audya, or any other Ketron product unless and until I become convinced that their units are THOROUGHLY tested and work without having to go to x number of updates to achieve that and that if I do have a problem, I can actually get it fixed. Many years ago I opted out of a computer company I worked for because I was in final acceptance and testing and after relating a real bug we found in the software, we were told by VP manufacturing to send out units anyway. It has to do with cash flow. I could not in good conscience send out units that I knew had problems, which is why I left. Two years after I left the company went belly up. Hmmmm... I wonder why. I hope this is not happening with Ketron.

Jim,

I am convinced that’s exactly what is happen with Ketron, bad PCB manufacturing, poor software, loose screws, no proper support, no technical manuals, all a recipe for the end.

Tony

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online