SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#355400 - 11/27/12 11:43 PM Good Roland styles for the Audya
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I went through some of the styles downloaded from the CreateSongstyle website (look under the FAQ thread for the link to their site).

I started going through the styles converted from Roland. There are many EXCELLENT styles amongst those!!! Only minor tweaking required here & there.

I have to conclude that Roland really, but really makes some good & realistic styles.

No, I cannot share mine - it would be unethical. But go register yourself over there for peanuts and start to download some good & usable stuff for your Audya.

AJ, if I were you I'd start tweaking some of those for the Audya & include in your next upgrade. If we were not involved in after hour outreaches, I would have done so myself. It's really amazing at what can be achieved in the style modelling function of the Audya!!! I am using it all the time to modify styles to my own requirements & liking.

Anyway, some of those converted Roland styles are just AMAZING!

Keep well all y friends,

Henni

#355407 - 11/28/12 01:05 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Roland Styles (Which I have always considered to be the best styles available from any manufacture) which don’t contain any fancy voices (Mega, Audio etc.) have always been the most flexible, and no matter what you do to them they always sound musical. (A point I wish other manufactures who need to use fancy voices (with limited editing) to make their styles passable would take note of)

Bill

#355409 - 11/28/12 02:09 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

I went through some of the styles downloaded from the CreateSongstyle website (look under the FAQ thread for the link to their site).

I started going through the styles converted from Roland. There are many EXCELLENT styles amongst those!!! Only minor tweaking required here & there.

http://createsongstyles.com/

#355429 - 11/28/12 07:58 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Yes Roland styles are very cool. More simple and more "lopped patterns" but very pleasant to play with and express yourself with the right hand.

The vArranger software can play without any conversion Ketron, Yamaha and Roland styles. (not audya)

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#355448 - 11/28/12 12:10 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

Nigel or anyone

what exactly does createsongstyles have to offer?
do they have styles SPECIFICALLY created for Audya?
i don't have time to tweak them ;-)

#355451 - 11/28/12 12:59 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Its a bit of a grey area as people upload, share, modify and create styles there, not just a few here and there but massive amounts. From what I understand some manufacturers turn a blind eye to it, but other copyright owners have requested the removal of links to file sharing sites (literally thousands of URL's have been removed over 2000 in fact last year alone)

Its a matter for each conscience and I don't judge people either way, but for me its black and white. If someone else owns the copyright I either have to get permssion or pay them what is due. If I did not I would feel as though I was breaking the law..which strictly speaking I would be.

What I can say for certain is that if Roberts new styles appear on there, Ketron UK will be on it like a ton of bricks. Too much time and money goes into audio styles to turn a blind eye.

#355484 - 11/28/12 08:15 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
...what exactly does createsongstyles have to offer? do they have styles SPECIFICALLY created for Audya? i don't have time to tweak them ;-)

Yes & no. There are many, many styles from other Ketron products that plays perfectly well as is on the Audya - they need NO tweaking. But there are also many styles from other products that have been converted. They play reasonably well on the Audya, but definitely needs some tweaking to play well.

I'd estimate this to be half/half. You'll find close to if not more than 20 000 (yes, twenty thousand!) extra styles specifically for your Audya over there. Ron hosts styles for all brands of arrangers, not exclusively for the Audya. But that many are available for the Audya alone.

The biggest bonus for those in the gigging business is that Ron uploads song specific styles on a daily basis with reference to the original song. They are Audya specific & needs no tweaking. You'll find the style, the registry file, the midi, the words & the link to the original song for almost each one of those. Gigging has never been made easier!!!

If you are not registered, you can freely browse over there and see what's available. You will just not find the links to the downloads, that's all. One of the best sites for resources I've found to this date...

Tip: If you sort your view to the number of uploads, you'll be able to download the Mega uploads first of all...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Attachments
CST.JPG

CTS2.JPG

#355486 - 11/28/12 09:10 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Here's what I mean...

Attachments
CTS3.JPG

CTS4.JPG

#355489 - 11/28/12 09:30 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
...Its a bit of a grey area as people upload, share, modify and create styles there, not just a few here and there but massive amounts. From what I understand some manufacturers turn a blind eye to it...

TWD, although I agree totally with your viewpoint, the lack of available styles for the Audya is the one thing that keeps many away from it. I can quote many links to these kind of opinions.

Having more styles available to play on the Audya, will most certainly cause more Audyas to be sold. One should be careful not be be penny wise & pound foolish.

CreateSongstyles & AJAMSONIC fill this gap for me & I now have more than enough styles for my Audya requirements. Off course I'll purchase any & all new ones as they become available as I have done up to now, but we all know they only come at a trickling pace...

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#355495 - 11/29/12 12:10 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: leezone]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: leezone
Nigel or anyone

what exactly does createsongstyles have to offer?
do they have styles SPECIFICALLY created for Audya?
i don't have time to tweak them ;-)

I simply provided the link. I don't endorse them. I will leave that to Audya users to recommend them one way or the other.

#355538 - 11/29/12 12:53 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hi Hennie, Styles created by users for their own enjoyment - its great if they want to share these styles. (Socrates excellent new age style for example). But with high quality commercial real Audio style development we are not talking about penny's and pounds we are talking large ammounts being invested. A completely new Audio style can cost up to $20,000 to develop from scratch.

Ketron have released hundreds and hundreds of Midi styles without charge (different to free) which we can play with and edit as we want. But....the only way to ensure continued development of Audio styles is for all of us as Audya owners to make sure we support any efforts by Ketron or other companies and resist the temptation to 'do someone a favour'. For instance AJ's company have spent a huge ammount of time and effort preparing AJAMsonic. If there is to be future develpoment i has to be financially viable. The same is true of the upcoming Ketron UK style pack that Robert prepared. We want to be able to do a a follow up, but if the styles are shared we will not be able to cover costs.

So whilst it might be viewed as Penny pinching, the sad fact is whilst owners might enjoy them without paying the small ammount asked, they will never get any more...free or otherwise.

#355582 - 11/30/12 04:07 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi,

first of all I agree TWD to 100% !

2nd:
Why do so many people want "Song-Styles" for a specific song ?

We own an AUDYA, the most important thing in my point of view is just the fact, that it doesn´t sound like others ( keyboards from other manufacturers ).

I just looked into my folder "USER_STYLES" ( including the Factory-Styles and those Ketron offers for free ) : 1082 styles !!!

Even thogh some of them sound very similar ( e.g. "@Rocking" and "@ROCKER", they seem to be more than 99% identical ) there should be enough to play ANY song you want. Of course not 100% like the original song sounds like. But just that is what I call MUSIC !

I don´t need more of these "Tyros / Yamaha sounding" styles / midis. If I would, I would use mp3 karaoke-files !

Just my 2 cent wink

P.S.: As an example I addey 2 "quick-records" I just did :

"Sunny" ( from Boney M. ) in a "Disco" Version more or less close to the original and in a "Bossa" Version, completely different but distinctive "Sunny".

Attachments
Sunny_Disco.mp3 (42 downloads)
Sunny_Bossa.mp3 (25 downloads)

#355592 - 11/30/12 07:59 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi, It cost me $40.00 to be a member for create styles,and this by influence,I download some styles and I have to tweat and convert some styles from ms40 to x1 and after download to my audya5.And there are some styles Yamaha convert to ketron.So I have learn a lesson,
We have (members of ketron)have all the styles from MS40 to SD1 and this is a lot.We Have to work with our wonderfull styles
2 months ago I bought some styles from Europe and after I whent to a web site and I saw these styles where free.This is not OK
There are some people working hard to do some styles for us and we buy them for us only.
We have some professionnals members on this site and there give us good replys to help us We know them for many years.
So the main thing is to have respect.
In a near future there will be the Robert Messier styles and I know it will be a great HIT.I know Robert for many years from Technics and Ketron,he put many and many hours to create some styles for us
So please buy these styles only for you and trust our professionnals on this site
Thanks
Respect,Respect..........

#355600 - 11/30/12 09:18 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: hbinfo2001]
Henni Offline

Nah, to each his own. Let me rather not comment. I'm sure it will not help...

Henni

#355603 - 11/30/12 10:16 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hi Henni, thanks for editing. Nobody is knocking createsongstyle, as already mentioned its great when people share their work. We just need to be cautious when sharing copy protected material.

#355652 - 12/01/12 12:27 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Snoopy Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
...to be cautious when sharing copy protected material.

Yes, and ALL Yamaha-Styles are forbidden to copy or to use in other keyboards !
So it´s definetely illegal to convert Yamaha-styles to Ketron, Roland or what so ever !!!

The only thing Yamaha allows is to use their styles in "self-composed-songs" or to make audio-records of songs played with yamaha-styles !

I don´t know about Roland´s attitude regarding using their styles...

#355663 - 12/01/12 03:09 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

If you purchase a Yamaha Style you are free to use it as you wish for your own personal use, and if that means you convert it to play on another manufactures keyboard that you own then this is also totally legal. (The same applies to all manufactures styles)

It only become illegal if you take a manufactures style without their permission, (You have not purchased or do not own the style) and pass it on to another person. (Whether in converted form or not)

Bill

#355681 - 12/02/12 02:57 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: abacus]
Snoopy Offline

Hi Bill,

if you purchase a yamaha-style you may be right ( depending on the EULA of the manufacturer IF it´s NOT Yamaha).

Have a look to Yamahas "Online Member Terms of use", Part 4 :

"...You agree not to copy, reproduce, republish, modify, distribute, sell, rent, lease, loan, transmit, display, perform or create derivative works of the content of this Web Site or otherwise based on this Web Site, the software used, all other materials, text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, music, data and other materials used in connection with this Web Site or other web sites made accessible by Yamaha, or the arrangement of these materials or content, without the express written permission of Yamaha or as otherwise permitted by applicable law..."

The same applies to the "factory-styles" wink

#355683 - 12/02/12 03:41 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Hi Snoopy

No argument with the above, as all website material is copyright just like a printed book.

Factory Styles:

If you own the instrument then you can do as you please with the styles for your own use, (Even convert them) however you must not give away or sell the styles (Converted or not) without the express permission of the manufacture, likewise if you sell the instrument you must destroy all copies of the factory styles (Converted or not) that you have in your possession.

NOTE: The EULA cannot override the statutory rights that are provided in your country, as mentioned at the end of the EULA.

However it’s a moot point, as the box was opened long ago, and it is virtually impossible to close it again. (Watch out if you use cloud storage as you do not have direct control of it, (Chances are it is not even in the same country as where you live) and it is not known what will happen in the future)

Bill

#358320 - 01/09/13 02:32 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Please allow me to say this if I may. I have now converted a LOT of styles, even lately for the Audya. What I can state FOR A FACT is that Roland can create AMAZING styles without the use of any special features or special voices.

Yamaha & others on the contrary need all this fancy stuff to make their styles sound good. Roland styles do not sound inferior to any of these, not even in the least, and can easily be converted to play just as well on other makes of arrangers because it's pure standard midi, just programmed exceptionally well by talented programmers.

To demonstrate this even further, go listen to how "warm" the modified Ketron styles sound on the Yamaha's using Yamaha's standard, onboard midi. Even the drums of those sounds more real, a comment I've also read from many others.

So, I sometimes wonder whether all this new features are REALLY necessary, or is it i.e. just Yamaha's & others' way to ensure that their styles CANNOT accurately be reproduced for other types, because it CANNOT - Period!!!

Off course nothing can replace or compare with the audio parts on the Audya, so I'm not including these. The best of my recent conversions came from Roland - Fact!!! Now imagine adding audio to it... Man, we'll end up with AMAZING styles!!!

Anyway, just my two cents...

Henni

#358329 - 01/09/13 06:21 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Hi all,

So, I sometimes wonder whether all this new features are REALLY necessary, or is it i.e. just Yamaha's & others' way to ensure that their styles CANNOT accurately be reproduced for other types, because it CANNOT - Period!!!

Henni

Hi Henni

I have always rated the Roland styles as the highest out there, with the unique ability to sound musical no matter what you do to them, however If the manufacture creates voices that mimic exactly all the effects that Yamaha use in its Mega voice, using the manufactures own sound engine to produce the sounds, then they can be played directly.

NOTE: The sounds timbre will not sound exactly the same due to a different sound engine producing them, also the engineer’s interpretation of the voices will also play a role in how they sound, (This is why a Ketron Trumpet sounds different to a Roland Trumpet) but all the effects and features will match.

Bill

#358349 - 01/09/13 10:26 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Is there a way to determine which of the "zips" contain Roland?

#358364 - 01/09/13 01:31 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Hi all,

Please allow me to say this if I may. I have now converted a LOT of styles, even lately for the Audya. What I can state FOR A FACT is that Roland can create AMAZING styles without the use of any special features or special voices.

Yamaha & others on the contrary need all this fancy stuff to make their styles sound good. Roland styles do not sound inferior to any of these, not even in the least, and can easily be converted to play just as well on other makes of arrangers because it's pure standard midi, just programmed exceptionally well by talented programmers.

To demonstrate this even further, go listen to how "warm" the modified Ketron styles sound on the Yamaha's using Yamaha's standard, onboard midi. Even the drums of those sounds more real, a comment I've also read from many others.

Off course nothing can replace or compare with the audio parts on the Audya, so I'm not including these. The best of my recent conversions came from Roland - Fact!!! Now imagine adding audio to it... Man, we'll end up with AMAZING styles!!!

Anyway, just my two cents...

Henni

Hi Henni,

completely agree, and again thanks for all what you are doing here in the forum...

Joe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online