SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#355400 - 11/27/12 11:43 PM Good Roland styles for the Audya
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I went through some of the styles downloaded from the CreateSongstyle website (look under the FAQ thread for the link to their site).

I started going through the styles converted from Roland. There are many EXCELLENT styles amongst those!!! Only minor tweaking required here & there.

I have to conclude that Roland really, but really makes some good & realistic styles.

No, I cannot share mine - it would be unethical. But go register yourself over there for peanuts and start to download some good & usable stuff for your Audya.

AJ, if I were you I'd start tweaking some of those for the Audya & include in your next upgrade. If we were not involved in after hour outreaches, I would have done so myself. It's really amazing at what can be achieved in the style modelling function of the Audya!!! I am using it all the time to modify styles to my own requirements & liking.

Anyway, some of those converted Roland styles are just AMAZING!

Keep well all y friends,

Henni

#355407 - 11/28/12 01:05 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Roland Styles (Which I have always considered to be the best styles available from any manufacture) which don’t contain any fancy voices (Mega, Audio etc.) have always been the most flexible, and no matter what you do to them they always sound musical. (A point I wish other manufactures who need to use fancy voices (with limited editing) to make their styles passable would take note of)

Bill

#355409 - 11/28/12 02:09 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

I went through some of the styles downloaded from the CreateSongstyle website (look under the FAQ thread for the link to their site).

I started going through the styles converted from Roland. There are many EXCELLENT styles amongst those!!! Only minor tweaking required here & there.

http://createsongstyles.com/

#355429 - 11/28/12 07:58 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Yes Roland styles are very cool. More simple and more "lopped patterns" but very pleasant to play with and express yourself with the right hand.

The vArranger software can play without any conversion Ketron, Yamaha and Roland styles. (not audya)

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#355448 - 11/28/12 12:10 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

Nigel or anyone

what exactly does createsongstyles have to offer?
do they have styles SPECIFICALLY created for Audya?
i don't have time to tweak them ;-)

#355451 - 11/28/12 12:59 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Its a bit of a grey area as people upload, share, modify and create styles there, not just a few here and there but massive amounts. From what I understand some manufacturers turn a blind eye to it, but other copyright owners have requested the removal of links to file sharing sites (literally thousands of URL's have been removed over 2000 in fact last year alone)

Its a matter for each conscience and I don't judge people either way, but for me its black and white. If someone else owns the copyright I either have to get permssion or pay them what is due. If I did not I would feel as though I was breaking the law..which strictly speaking I would be.

What I can say for certain is that if Roberts new styles appear on there, Ketron UK will be on it like a ton of bricks. Too much time and money goes into audio styles to turn a blind eye.

#355484 - 11/28/12 08:15 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
...what exactly does createsongstyles have to offer? do they have styles SPECIFICALLY created for Audya? i don't have time to tweak them ;-)

Yes & no. There are many, many styles from other Ketron products that plays perfectly well as is on the Audya - they need NO tweaking. But there are also many styles from other products that have been converted. They play reasonably well on the Audya, but definitely needs some tweaking to play well.

I'd estimate this to be half/half. You'll find close to if not more than 20 000 (yes, twenty thousand!) extra styles specifically for your Audya over there. Ron hosts styles for all brands of arrangers, not exclusively for the Audya. But that many are available for the Audya alone.

The biggest bonus for those in the gigging business is that Ron uploads song specific styles on a daily basis with reference to the original song. They are Audya specific & needs no tweaking. You'll find the style, the registry file, the midi, the words & the link to the original song for almost each one of those. Gigging has never been made easier!!!

If you are not registered, you can freely browse over there and see what's available. You will just not find the links to the downloads, that's all. One of the best sites for resources I've found to this date...

Tip: If you sort your view to the number of uploads, you'll be able to download the Mega uploads first of all...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Attachments
CST.JPG

CTS2.JPG

#355486 - 11/28/12 09:10 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Here's what I mean...

Attachments
CTS3.JPG

CTS4.JPG

#355489 - 11/28/12 09:30 PM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
...Its a bit of a grey area as people upload, share, modify and create styles there, not just a few here and there but massive amounts. From what I understand some manufacturers turn a blind eye to it...

TWD, although I agree totally with your viewpoint, the lack of available styles for the Audya is the one thing that keeps many away from it. I can quote many links to these kind of opinions.

Having more styles available to play on the Audya, will most certainly cause more Audyas to be sold. One should be careful not be be penny wise & pound foolish.

CreateSongstyles & AJAMSONIC fill this gap for me & I now have more than enough styles for my Audya requirements. Off course I'll purchase any & all new ones as they become available as I have done up to now, but we all know they only come at a trickling pace...

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#355495 - 11/29/12 12:10 AM Re: Good Roland styles for the Audya [Re: leezone]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: leezone
Nigel or anyone

what exactly does createsongstyles have to offer?
do they have styles SPECIFICALLY created for Audya?
i don't have time to tweak them ;-)

I simply provided the link. I don't endorse them. I will leave that to Audya users to recommend them one way or the other.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online