SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#354962 - 11/18/12 08:14 PM To Bill Norrie
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Bill - At last i have found a USB to Floppy disk drive that works. It is a Sony.I had given up as first 2 were no good. I have been able to download all your songs and am enjoying all your work. I have not done much on the 7000 yet as I have a few concerts this time of the year and have to do them on the lighter 6500. Also on testing out the 7000, I find that the middle C key sounds much louder than the other keys, so it looks like a trip to the hospital before I use it next year. The 6500 and my Bose Compact are a good combination for small concerts. Cheers. Jean Olivia.

#354977 - 11/19/12 05:54 AM Re: To Bill Norrie [Re: Jean Olivia]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Jean, Glad you've found a working Floppy Disk Drive - PCs with Floppy drives are becoming very rare beasts now smile I also have a Sony USB Floppy drive but don't use it very often for KN7000 transfer, since I use the direct USB link from KN7000 to Laptop and the 'Song Manager' program.

Thanks for your kind comment about my website songs - much appreciated. I wonder if you've tried the two Seekers' songs which I sent to you, on your KN7000??

It's Good to know that another player is using the Bose Compact system and likes the result. I agree that the Technics keyboard and Bose are a super combination for larger venues, where the KN6500/7000's own sound system is not quite adequate.

#355022 - 11/19/12 09:26 PM Re: To Bill Norrie [Re: Jean Olivia]
Jean Olivia Offline

Bill - Yes, thank you. I have Georgy Girl and Carnival, along with 15 volumes of your songs. What an amazing amount of work. Congratulations. I will have a great time listening to them all over the Christmas. Your help is much appreciated. Cheers. Jean Olivia.

#355025 - 11/19/12 11:19 PM Re: To Bill Norrie [Re: Jean Olivia]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I wish you a great Mornington Peninsula Christmas Jean. Having grown up in that area it has many great memories for me.

#356017 - 12/06/12 03:51 PM Re: To Bill Norrie [Re: Nigel]
Jean Olivia Offline

Hi Nigel- Sorry I did not see your post. I wish you a very Merry Christmas too. All goes well on the Peninsula. Perfect Christmas weather so far. My family arrive from Scotland next Saturday for a few weeks so everyone here is excited. No doubt they will welcome the weather change. The boys will love playing my Keyboards. They are both excellent musicians.They play piano, sax and percussion.The neighbours are in for a shock. All the best -I hope you are keeping well. Cheers. Jean Olivia.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online