Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#354605 - 11/12/12 04:33 PM Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL
Dnj Offline

Ahoy matey!! dance2

Attachments
IMG_20121112_174523.jpg

Edited by Dnj (11/12/12 04:34 PM)

#354609 - 11/12/12 05:56 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... if that's the TOP of his bathing suit, I don't want to see the BOTTOM ... rotfl surprised

#354614 - 11/12/12 06:41 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: Dnj]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
When we arrived at the dock where Gary's boat is in for some repairs, I snapped the photo Donny posted. After making us one of his famous Marguerites he cleaned up pretty well for dinner. We climbed the ladder from the salon onto the cockpit. He snapped the lock shut on the cabin door and then PANIC ATTACK. He remembered he left the key to the lock in the salon below.. He did real well not to break out in profanity in front of my Carol. So...we went to dinner and then back to my place to pick up a pair of bolt cutters. One quick snip and he was in. Tomorrow we go to Ace Hardware to get another lock.

Gary is doing great and enjoying the adventure. He has his Yamaha 3K, Rock'n Roller cart and gig bags tucked into a corner of the salon and Bose Compact secured under a table. The plan is for him to go with me to my gig in Palm Beach Gardens tomorrow night. I suspect I will spend a bit of my time in the audience.

Yeah Donny,.. I know. You want pictures. smile I'll see what I can do.

Eddie

#354616 - 11/12/12 07:07 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: Dnj]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quite a feat to take off at such a young age and try and catch the wind. My hero! Knock 'em dead, young man!

Take care of him Eddie. Good one, Tony. Thanks Donnie/Donny/TheDonald!

#354618 - 11/12/12 07:12 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: btweengigs
The plan is for him to go with me to my gig in Palm Beach Gardens tomorrow night. I suspect I will spend a bit of my time in the audience.

Yeah Donny,.. I know. You want pictures. smile I'll see what I can do.Eddie

#354620 - 11/12/12 07:21 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Finally got Internet access tonight. This Wednesday marks my 6th week on the water, I've covered just over 1,300 miles, saw my first manatee yesterday, which came to within a few feet of the boat and just kinda' stared at me with it's beady eyes. Those things are really huge.

Lots and lots of bottlenose dolphins are with me every day, some so close you could almost reach out and touch them as they porpoise alongside the boat. I think they're looking for a handout, but I don't have any fresh-caught fish on the boat to feed them with.

I see lots of birds now, egrets, herons, ospreys, plovers and of course, pelicans. Pelicans are amazing birds, and when you watch them dive from 50 to 80 feet above the water, lock their wings and plunge just below the surface and come up with dinner you marvel at their aerobatic skills.

I'll probably be here in the Stuart area for at least three to four days getting some much needed repairs, then I'm off to Miami to meet up with another friend, and then sail to Marathon Key, Florida, where I'll probably spend much of the winter.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#354627 - 11/12/12 09:33 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Two brown pelicans landed in RI as a result of 'SANDY' ... they've been safely captured and plans are to get them back to a warmer climate before winter comes in ...

#354631 - 11/12/12 11:58 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary you’re living a dream – beautiful.
John C.

#354639 - 11/13/12 05:39 AM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, man oh man, that's some kind of adventure. You're living a dream for sure. Have fun! Back in 1976 my late cousin and I did a cross country camping trip via all the major national parks for 11 weeks using Dodge Tradesman 300 van that my dad and I built into a camper. I got to see and do things I'll probably never get to do again. Your trip although via the ocean reminds me of the freedom you get doing the type of trip I was lucky enough to do all those years ago. Great!

Eddie, I'm sure we'd all love to see some photos, maybe some video too! Enjoy!

#354698 - 11/13/12 08:34 PM Re: Capt. Gary Diamond lands in Port Salerno FL [Re: Dnj]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Gary I'm really impressed, you're really doing it! What sort of repairs does the boat need? If you get a chance, email me your cell number or call me at 410 584 9490. I can hook you up with my musician friend in Marathon, Reggie.

Good sailing!

Joe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online