SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#354468 - 11/10/12 04:35 PM OT: Ever Play Cow Paddy Bingo??
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Spent a real Texas day today with my Daughter, my 2 granddaughters, my wife, and a very stubborn Calf. This is the way we Texans relax and have fun.
We attended a big outdoor party - about 400 people - and one of the games was Cow Paddy Bingo. The idea is everyone buys a square or two and a calf is run into the area the the number on which she poops is the winner. So, we all stand around and wait to see what the calf will do.

Pictures tell it all. By the way, I won the darn thing and won enough to pay for the PA600 I have on order - go figure.

Deane

Attachments
The Board.jpg

The Calf.jpg

Description: The Calf

#354491 - 11/11/12 06:20 AM Re: OT: Ever Play Cow Paddy Bingo?? [Re: hammer]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I've been looking for some intellectual stimulation. Maybe I'll move to Texas.
Just kidding. Looks like the kids were having a good time. Still..........Cow Paddy Bingo???????

smile

chas

#354496 - 11/11/12 07:52 AM Re: OT: Ever Play Cow Paddy Bingo?? [Re: cgiles]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Do you think I could do that with the dog?? Nice job on the victory. Nothing like being able to justify the purchase right in front of the wife with "found" money. Guess you just stepped in it!

#354503 - 11/11/12 08:59 AM Re: OT: Ever Play Cow Paddy Bingo?? [Re: sparky589]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Chas,
the story of the people who own the farm is very inspiring.
About 18 years ago the guy got "downsized" when TI went through
a makeover. He took his payoff and bought 20 acres of very rough land that
no one else wanted. Over the years he and his wife built it into a very successful business and the place is absolutely awesome.

They sell milk, eggs and meat to folks who want pure products. They raise all their own food for the cows, chickens and pigs plus their own use. The cows are milked twice daily and produce 10 gallons of milk each every day and sells for $10.00 per gallon with a waiting list of customers. Most of the meat sells for around $6.00 a pound, the egg are $5.00 a dozen and again there is a waiting list.

Today he and his wife are selling the place, it has a 3900 SF house on it too, and the business and will retire to the Bahamas on the new 60 foot Yacht they are having built. He is 51 and she is 49 - now that is a success story.

Twice a year they hold an appreciation party for their customers and usually between 400 and 500 people show up. They give away a lot of stuff and hold all kinds of games which you "buy into" - but the prizes are pretty great.

We hate to see them go.

Deane

#354512 - 11/11/12 10:07 AM Re: OT: Ever Play Cow Paddy Bingo?? [Re: hammer]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
That's a great story. I love stories about people who are able to make lemonade out of lemons. A lot of what you described brings back a lot of fond memories of summers spent on my Grandfather's farm (while my Mother was away in graduate school at Columbia). We had lots of chores but there was lots of fun too, and some of the things I learned (including some basic values) I have retained to this day.

Although stories like this are still possible, it becomes harder and harder in today's environment. Just to be clear, I don't think EVERYthing in America's past is bad.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online