SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#354037 - 11/04/12 10:20 AM Re: Yamaha Just Released 1st Shipment of PSRS950s [Re: George Kaye]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It depends on the type of organ/string sounds that determines how sustain works...on some it is a "hold" and on others it decays away, much like a piano. I found the decay type useful as a fade out at the last note.

I have sent to your home email, some T4 styles I made (on the T4) with the organ speed switch (and my own Freeplay style), so I'll be interested to hear if they work okay (the OTS may be different or not work)...I may not get an S950 for some time, due to it's popularity and back-orders etc..

I thought the jazz beats were awesome too.

Ian

#354078 - 11/05/12 07:38 AM Re: Yamaha Just Released 1st Shipment of PSRS950s [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yep... for BOTL and MOTL arrangers, that won't be able to afford a fancy movable screen (mind you, even TOTL WS's somehow manage to sell very well without them), getting the viewing angle correct from the seated position is critical.

Curious that Yamaha can get it right for the Tyros's, and the Motif line, but slip on the PSR's. Perhaps the display is of a less expensive kind, with a smaller effective viewing angle?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online