Dnj Offline

My City Of Ruins

Song: Bruce Springsteen - "My City of Ruins"

Jersey Strong !!

Edited by Dnj (11/04/12 01:07 PM)

#354048 - 11/04/12 03:44 PM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Saw "The Boss" live on NBC...he and the E Street Band were awesome, as was Sting, Bon Jovi... well... all of them!

They are to commended for raising Red Cross "Sandy" Money clap

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#354055 - 11/04/12 07:25 PM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: lahawk]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
Saw "The Boss" live on NBC...he and the E Street Band were awesome, as was Sting, Bon Jovi... well... all of them!

They are to commended for raising Red Cross "Sandy" Money clap

Larry I watched it also ...it was an awesome show....
Bruce always does a super job!! especially for his native NJ....as does Jon Bon Jovi who grew up here also..I got chills watching this video as it hits close to home.

#354070 - 11/05/12 06:36 AM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
...and Billy Joel from Long Island as well as John Stewart and Brian Williams, who hosted the show, are Jersey Boys.

The Jersey Shore has many 'classic' places, I'm sure we all have a story or two...Our honeymoon, 1968, Atlantic City, the Beach Boys were there. Remember Steel Pier?

Seaside Heights, Asbury Park, Wildwood, Ocean City, Cape May, Avalon, etc. etc...all great Jersey Shore places. Hope they all recover.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#354072 - 11/05/12 06:43 AM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: lahawk]
Dnj Offline

...and Billy Joel from Long Island as well as John Stewart and Brian Williams, who hosted the show, are Jersey Boys.

The Jersey Shore has many 'classic' places, I'm sure we all have a story or two...Our honeymoon, 1968, Atlantic City, the Beach Boys were there. Remember Steel Pier?

Seaside Heights, Asbury Park, Wildwood, Ocean City, Cape May, Avalon, etc. etc...all great places to be. Hope they all recover.

Larry yes the Jersey Shore is a magical place to live thats why I chose it as my home,...it's like always being on vacation,.....unfortunately Hurricane Sandy has put a hugh dent in the area for now...it will take much time and effort but in the years to come I am confident we will bounce back better then ever somehow to enjoy it again!

#354082 - 11/05/12 07:53 AM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I feel so bad for all of you up there. From someone that has seen their little town devastated at least twice in the last 20 years or so, it is so hard to live through the rebuilding years (and it does take years).

I guess that's the price for wanting a little Paradise on Earth... You get thrown a little Hell from time to time just to show you you haven't gone to Heaven quite yet!

Keep your chins up. It DOES get better, even if it is rarely ever fast enough for you.

#354083 - 11/05/12 07:56 AM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I feel so bad for all of you up there. From someone that has seen their little town devastated at least twice in the last 20 years or so, it is so hard to live through the rebuilding years (and it does take years).

I guess that's the price for wanting a little Paradise on Earth... You get thrown a little Hell from time to time just to show you you haven't gone to Heaven quite yet!

Keep your chins up. It DOES get better, even if it is rarely ever fast enough for you.

Thanx Diki.... I know you southern boyz understand what has happened up here...appreciate it. btw isn't that a great Hammond sound in this song?...stay safe my friends.

#354085 - 11/05/12 08:03 AM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I expect that's the real thing, knowing Bruce!

#354088 - 11/05/12 08:28 AM Re: Bruce Springsteen Video [Re: lahawk]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

Seaside Heights, Asbury Park, Wildwood, Ocean City, Cape May, Avalon, etc. etc...all great Jersey Shore places. Hope they all recover.

The Steel Pier ... a vacation stop EVERY year ...

I bet PETA wouldn't allow that today ...

... Asbury Park ... me - a non-swimmer - saving my future wife from drowning in the turbulent waves ... but that's a story for another time and place ... smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online