SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#353379 - 10/23/12 10:49 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Saswick]
Daniel_C Offline

Hey Col

Have you tried to load any samples yet? I´m very curious about what the PCM memory is for , in the manual it says it can load samples, and use RAM multisamples, but I wan´t to know if i can use my own samples? how can I convert them to PA format? or if it´s a feature that you can´t use unless you buy new samples from KORG, the manual is too vague in the use of samples.

Thanks.

#353380 - 10/23/12 11:09 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Daniel_C]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Daniel

I don't use any samples so I can't help you on this point, maybe you could get some help on the Korg forum.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=61

Col

#353381 - 10/23/12 11:14 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Saswick]
Daniel_C Offline

Ok thanks , I guess we´ll have to wait until a lot of people have one to find out all the features, i´ll probably end up buying one anyway, it sounds very good for the price.

In fact i´d say it sounds better than the KROME ,specially the acoustic sounds sound more ralistic.

#353382 - 10/23/12 11:14 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Deane

Yes I have enjoyed the KMA. The main reason I bought it was the weight however the Pa600 is quite managable it's a nice compromise.

Amost other things I missed the songbook which is a great feature on the Pa series also the new touch screen is brilliant to use.

The Pa is also very easy to use because of the lack of buttons it utilises the touch screen very well.

All iall I'm very happy with the Pa600

Col

#353598 - 10/26/12 03:38 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Saswick]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
What about drum kits.Since you used to have pa2x.Is there a difference in drums??

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#353600 - 10/26/12 06:17 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Deane

Yes I have enjoyed the KMA. The main reason I bought it was the weight however the Pa600 is quite managable it's a nice compromise.

Amost other things I missed the songbook which is a great feature on the Pa series also the new touch screen is brilliant to use.

The Pa is also very easy to use because of the lack of buttons it utilises the touch screen very well.

All iall I'm very happy with the Pa600

Col

I wonder why the omitted the sliders on the Pa600?...
I guess the knobs will suffice.....but the new larger screen looks wonderful. Col did you find the Swing ballads 1,2,3, for demo?

#353601 - 10/26/12 06:39 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Saswick]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have a feeling those of us who have ordered both the Pa600 and the S950 will get the PA600 before the S950 arrives. I am sure getting anxious. I've been collecting all the downloads for both keyboards so I'll be ready which ever arrives first.

Col,
Can't believe how much I use the KMA and how enjoyable it is. Hard to beat it for the price and size.

Deane

#353602 - 10/26/12 07:22 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I MAY finally be 'jumping into the water' with a new kb - not retiring the kn6000 yet, though - I don't have a big budget and the pa600 sounds interesting ...
I plan on checking it out when Frank gets them in at Audio Works ...

I've ALWAYS used buttons for navigation through the board.
How is the learning curve on the pa600, and how is the navigation via the touch screen, especially during live performance? Do you have to do a lot of 'pre-planning' in setting 'registrations/performances' ... how seamless is the transition from style play to SMF, etc., how easy is it to 'store' styles for certain songs or SMFs ...
thnx,
t.

#353604 - 10/26/12 07:36 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Tony.....let me be honest....KORG arrangers will treat you very well BUT you must put in the time and homework and really dig into the OS to get it to sound awesome....everything you need is in the OS you just have to take the time to set it up, sounds, styles, third party style conversions, editing perimeters,Your Own custom SONGBOOK setups, .... the touch screen is simple to use, accessing SMF, Mp3's, is easy also, learning the "LOCK" system to access features, loading sets to user slots, will become second nature after you do it a few times.....but once all the home work is completed you will have an awesome Arranger sounding keyboard. If you get one and need help just email me or call me ok?...good luck...can't wait to get mine here ..

#353606 - 10/26/12 08:10 AM Re: Pa600 first impressions [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
I MAY finally be 'jumping into the water' with a new kb - not retiring the kn6000 yet, though - I don't have a big budget and the pa600 sounds interesting ...
I plan on checking it out when Frank gets them in at Audio Works ...

I've ALWAYS used buttons for navigation through the board.
How is the learning curve on the pa600, and how is the navigation via the touch screen, especially during live performance? Do you have to do a lot of 'pre-planning' in setting 'registrations/performances' ... how seamless is the transition from style play to SMF, etc., how easy is it to 'store' styles for certain songs or SMFs ...
thnx,
t.

Tony you're gonna hate it stick with your Technics. eek

We both know Rhode Island is smaller than some cities around the world, and to have 2 arranger players using the same brand is not a good idea. LOL

I know I don't have a lot of time with the way my schedule is but if you make the buy maybe you can put me on retainer for your computer and keyboard problems. bounce

All kidding put aside if you do get one I'd be glad to hook up with you sometime to show you the "how to". Korg is different but I've got a couple of years under my belt to give you live help. Songbook on the Korg "rules". Having a touch screen is great. The only caveat is when I play the T4 I find myself pushing on the screen.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online