SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#353619 - 10/26/12 12:20 PM Korg PA600 and Krome
Stein67 Offline

I know they are two very different styles of keyboard - but does anyone know how the bread and butter sounds compare on the two? I have only had a chance to try the Krome last night for a short period of time and was impressed, despite the fact I could hardly hear what I was playing!!

Just wondered how the likes of piano, brass, strings etc., compare between the two Korg keyboards.

#353621 - 10/26/12 12:26 PM Re: Korg PA600 and Krome [Re: Stein67]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
If the PA600 patches are anything like the PA3, then the Krome is much better!

I recently had the opportunity to trial a Krome 73 for several days.

YMMV

D

#353622 - 10/26/12 12:31 PM Re: Korg PA600 and Krome [Re: miden]
Stein67 Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
If the PA600 patches are anything like the PA3, then the Krome is much better!

I recently had the opportunity to trial a Krome 73 for several days.

YMMV

D

I imagined this would be the case. The 73 version would be perfect for me, as I find the 61 a little restrictive and the 88 is a bit too big for my restricted space (hence why I sold my Roland RD700sx.....still regret it though).

From what I could hear I thought the Krome was a lot of keyboard for the money. I liked the keybed too, after having been a bit disappointed with the one on the S950 that I tried a few days ago.

#353624 - 10/26/12 12:40 PM Re: Korg PA600 and Krome [Re: Stein67]
Daniel_C Offline

I have only heard the demos and videos that are available , and the Krome didn´t impress me at all , it sounds like the M50 wich I had the chance to buy once and wen´t with the Juno Di instead , on the PA600 the sounds sound more dinamic and very diferent from the other Korgs , I specially like the Brass, Sax, Guitars, Accordions, wich are the sounds I would use the most.

Even the piano on the KROME doesn´t impress me , it does sound good, but too agressive like all the Korg pianos, personally I have always prefered Rolands piano sounds ( Fantom X ), the piano on the PA600 sounds ok, not impressive but not bad at all.

Anyway that´s my point of view, and I also would like to hear what others have to say about this, which have better sounds, the Korg Workstations or the PA series?

#353639 - 10/27/12 03:10 AM Re: Korg PA600 and Krome [Re: Stein67]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The only way to compare the sounds is in comparison with the real instruments, not with each other.

If you do this you should find that the Krome voices are more realistic than the PA600 (Larger sample memory on the Krome).

Personal preference will also play a part, as not everyone likes the same. (Some prefer a Steinway piano, others prefer a Bossendorfer Piano).

Remember buy what suits you, not somebody else.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online