SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3535 - 02/17/06 09:44 PM what synth is used by THE POSTAL SERVICE?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just realized what it was, Feel free to delete this topic.

[This message has been edited by michaelb7471 (edited 02-18-2006).]

#3536 - 02/18/06 03:19 PM Re: what synth is used by THE POSTAL SERVICE?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Whatever they are drunk enough to fancy I guess...
But to be honest its never just down to one synth. Most producers and bands use a dozen different synths on average. More if they are as nuts as I am. Although I'm not into hardware synths as much as I used to be.

Anyway. I don't know which synths are used specifically but the sounds I'm hearing (Track is playing as I'm typing this) are as basic as they get and can be easily done on any analog modeling type synth. So it could be a Waldorf Q, Novation Supernova, Access VIrus, Nord or anything under the sun that's virtual analog.
If I were to guess I'd say this is a Virus B. But don't quote me on that. SOunds like some of the presets. But since most analog modeling synths (virtual or software) have enough front panel knobs to tweak up just about any sound in a matter of seconds (especially the mickey Mouse stuff I'm listenning to right now) making sounds of this sort is a no brainer. Just get something with enough knobs on it and both analog and wavetable oscilators.

ONe of the sounds almost comes across as if it's a static wavetable (set. Like on the VIrus B and C. Can't sweep through them like on Waldorf synths) but it could be just faking it.

All the synths that I'm surrounded with right now, including Microwave XT can do sounds of this sort on a fly.

So get a Virus C and take it live with you. That's my advice.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 02-18-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online