Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#35314 - 05/27/10 12:11 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
LOL!

#35315 - 05/27/10 02:02 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tonewheeldude Offline

As a person involved with distributing Ketron in the UK I need to say some things. First of all I am not picking out any individual here...its quite a few of you that need to pay attention.

1) This is not an official site for any manufacturer. AJ does his best but he does not work for Ketron Italy, he works for a private company that distributes Ketron in the USA so cut him some slack. If you want answers don't post on a privately run, general interest site crossing your fingers that some official Ketron person might read it. None of us want to spend our weekends and evenings answering questions. USE OFFICIAL CHANNELS. For instance, one of you from the UK emailed Ketron Italy asking for prices of main boards and soundboards. This person knows us very well at Ketron UK and also knows that we keep these parts in stock, why didn't he email us?

2) The main problem here is your frustration. Apart from the fact that your all grumbling aimlessly to each other, the bulk of the problem falls squarely on the shoulders of each countries importer/distributor. They should 1) RESPOND QUICKLY and 2) CARRY SPARES. There is NO EXCUSE for not keeping spare parts for a TOTL instrument. This is not the fault of KETRON ITALY but your distributors.

3) FAULTS. The sound card issues: Frankly I don't know what's going on here, we have sold many, many Audya's in the United kingdom and have had NO FAULTS with Sound Boards. Here is the total hardware faults we have experienced:

2x main board faults
3x hard drive faults. (user error not hardware)

We also had a couple of problems with random lock ups/noises but in both instances it turned out to be dirty AC supply.

Those faults represent less than 0.5% of the total stock sold.

4) Regarding the NEW SOUNDS AND STYLES- ages ago I posted a link to the OFFICIAL UK FORUM which states we expect the Sounds and Styles to be released around the same time as the new Audya, possibly mid June. The fact that most of you choose to ignore GENUINE INFORMATION is beyond me....maybe grumbling is more enjoyable. The new sounds and styles are a bonus that some of you don't deserve and I genuinely wish Ketron had charged for the update. The current sounds and styles are great and frankly, the lack of appreciation for the extra goodies is beyond me.

In Summary; stop frustrating yourselves and give your retailers and distributors a hard time instead. They want to make money selling to you so need to face up to their responsibilities. When the importer orders instruments they should order spare parts at the same time. if they haven't ask them why.

I came to this site because I love music and making music, some of you guys are fantastic, but for the most part I have found this forum to be small minded and aggressive and I don't bother with it any more. So feel free to have a grumble at me now - it won't worry me because I shan't be reading your replies.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 05-27-2010).]

#35316 - 05/27/10 03:12 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Well say Tonewheeldude !!!!

Some people are like Israel in the desert as is narrated in the old Testament, complaint, murmur, complaint, complaint. No wonder they pass 40 years in the desert before arriving to the promise land. Some people in this forum are in their own desert, probably in year one.
I guest that for some, complaint is a way of life.

#35317 - 05/28/10 12:45 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
skude Offline

importer/distributor. They should 1) RESPOND QUICKLY and 2) CARRY SPARES. There is NO EXCUSE for not keeping spare parts for a TOTL instrument. This is not the fault of KETRON ITALY but your distributors.

TWD
Why leave the forum? always good to hear things from the other side.
Good for the UK customers to know that Ketron UK have spareparts for the TOTL KB in stock, great. Hope other distributors reads this
My wait for parts has been long, and probably because there was no parts in stock. But I think more could have been done. Looks like the contact between distributor and factory is not good, if it was, parts could ordered in just days instead of months. After almost a year without a full working KB, I'm getting tired of it all, now I'm waiting for the mainboard, which suppose to be at the distributor by the end of this week. My guess, it had to come from Italy aswell.
Not good enough if you ask me.
skude

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 05-28-2010).]

#35318 - 05/28/10 03:29 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
importer/distributor. They should 1) RESPOND QUICKLY and 2) CARRY SPARES. There is NO EXCUSE for not keeping spare parts for a TOTL instrument. This is not the fault of KETRON ITALY but your distributors.

TWD
Why leave the forum? always good to hear things from the other side.
Good for the UK customers to know that Ketron UK have spareparts for the TOTL KB in stock, great. Hope other distributors reads this
My wait for parts has been long, and probably because there was no parts in stock. But I think more could have been done. Looks like the contact between distributor and factory is not good, if it was, parts could ordered in just days instead of months. After almost a year without a full working KB, I'm getting tired of it all, now I'm waiting for the mainboard, which suppose to be at the distributor by the end of this week. My guess, it had to come from Italy aswell.
Not good enough if you ask me.
skude

Skude,

I think TWD would agree with you that Ketron UK do stock the parts but there is no way the Frank or CMC are going to stock parts I think Frank as only sold a few Audya and thats is why no parts, when you want then call the factory. Why your first SB took 4 months I will never know wasn't the ash cloud way before that.I do hope your SB & MB are a cure all, you can get back to fishing.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35319 - 05/28/10 05:18 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:
Well say Tonewheeldude !!!!

Some people are like Israel in the desert as is narrated in the old Testament, complaint, murmur, complaint, complaint. No wonder they pass 40 years in the desert before arriving to the promise land. Some people in this forum are in their own desert, probably in year one.
I guest that for some, complaint is a way of life.

Machetero,

Have you got an Audya, Skude likes fishing perhaps you could go with him, all you will need is two fishes and 5 loafs.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35320 - 05/28/10 05:41 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Skude,

I think TWD would agree with you that Ketron UK do stock the parts but there is no way the Frank or CMC are going to stock parts I think Frank as only sold a few Audya and thats is why no parts, when you want then call the factory. Why your first SB took 4 months I will never know wasn't the ash cloud way before that.I do hope your SB & MB are a cure all, you can get back to fishing.

Playing my Korg Saturday, so fishing for sure Sunday. Some at Ketron It. got to know about my problems and want more information from me. That's great news. Should I forward them my 297 or was it 323 e-mails that I sent to AJ and Frank. Why bring Israel into this?
skude

#35321 - 05/28/10 08:05 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Skude,

My comments was no directed to you.
Sorry for the issues that you have with the Audya.
I think that no matter how many Audya Frank & CMC sell they SHOULD store spare parts.
The same goes for all other vendors too. Few months back I have to order a power supply for my Korg PA588 and I have to wait 2 months to arrive from Italy. That is the same power supply that the M3 and the M50 use. You think that they should have plenty of those in US. Is a excuse for that behavior from Korg.

Tony,

Yes, I have an Audya.
The new sounds are styles are very good.

later,

going fishing now.

#35322 - 05/28/10 10:41 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
leezone Offline

Machetero,

where did you get the NEW sounds from?

and why do some people have them,
and some people don't ???

#35323 - 05/28/10 12:36 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Machetero,

where did you get the NEW sounds from?

and why do some people have them,
and some people don't ???

Leezone,

Even if you had them you would have nothing to play them on, what are we going to do with you Leezone.

Regards

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online