SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#35294 - 05/22/10 03:42 PM I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi all,

I really have thought long and hard about this and I have finally decided to sell my Audya, I saw Robert Messer give a demo recently and wrote a short report on what I saw as a massive improvement in the Auyda. That was 6 weeks back and frankly I think Ketron should have released it with OS4 most of us thought that but everyone has been telling lies or covering up. Excuse after excuse has been the norm. People are having problems with their KB and Skude I know is at the end of his wits with sound problems that no one wants to know about. They got his money and now he can go to hell. AJ who moderates this site has not been upfront and he knows some of what’s going on, he used to bubble with enthusiasm about Ketron but he is totally off the radar. There is something going on with Ketron and none of us can put our finger on it. I am sick of excuses and I have tried both ways round this upfront aggressive and softly softy and will still do not have a finished product. The time has come for all those associated with Ketron to face up to their responsibilities, no one wants something for free and no one wants ripping off, there are Audya owners who will no doubt worry and take a second KB on gigs because the fear the Audya is not reliable, what sort of equipment have we been sold, the best sounds I am not totally convinced, support is zero, technical know how I am not convinced they have even if they could speak English (don’t start on the race thing, this is serious)they do have a problem in this department. I am not at all convince that Ketron will be here for the long haul, they are performing like someone with a death wish, I have seen a lot of companies balancing on the edge of survival and the way Ketron are performing they should have gone a long time back. There has been a lot of piss taking about count downs and this just goes to prove that Ketron never look at this site, in fact if I was on the company pay roll I would crap myself seeing what is written here about my products, they are playing at making keyboards and lucky to still be here.

I know there are those who have Audya in perfect working order they just don’t write on the site, just DonM, hell that’s big numbers

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35295 - 05/22/10 07:08 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi Tony,

I second all you have said, and once again I ask, Ketron? what the hell are you doing?. Maybe it's time for you to approach either one of the bigger developers/manufacturers and sell the technology you have in the hope that they can improve it to a point where client satisfaction will be at a more acceptable level.

Making a release of anything from this point will not be the answers you are looking for, the whole community will always view any announcements as suspicious, and therefore will effect sales, whether you like it or not, you need a pr company or advice from a professional outside Ketron, because you have failed dismilly so far

#35296 - 05/22/10 10:03 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Hi Tony,

I second all you have said, and once again I ask, Ketron? what the hell are you doing?. Maybe it's time for you to approach either one of the bigger developers/manufacturers and sell the technology you have in the hope that they can improve it to a point where client satisfaction will be at a more acceptable level.

Making a release of anything from this point will not be the answers you are looking for, the whole community will always view any announcements as suspicious, and therefore will effect sales, whether you like it or not, you need a pr company or advice from a professional outside Ketron, because you have failed dismilly so far

Robbo,

Ketron are be way beyond help the problem here is not what is being said it is what is not been said. They and they alone have allowed this to go on not keeping customers informed, if they had said to customers things won’t be ready until a particular date people would have accepted this. Look DonM has a copy of software not release by Ketron, known in the public domain, common knowledge, it hasn’t come from Ketron, what the hell is going on. This is like the French underground in the last war. Ketron are like any other company they are masters of their own destiny, the only difference is they have the self destructed button pressed down hard, and no matter what anyone says or does they won’t take it off. If they survive this it will be a miracle, what gets me is that Audya are still on back order, now that can mean only two things, they are overtrading or this is truly the most sought after piece of technology ever known to mankind, I think it’s not the latter. If they are overtrading only a miracle will save them because their reputation in my eyes is nearly in bits. I have no doubt that Ketron have the right ideas with samples and styles, but just look at the Audya and now sons of Audya, its old technology to some tune, if you tried to sell new PCs and it had USB1 and an IDE drive you would be locked up (I can feel a confrontation come on, I will predict in my head and tell you later)this alone tells you Ketrons ability to design and produce and sell cutting edge technology is long gone, the SD1 was the same it had a floppy drive, why can’t we see further than the sounds it makes, what is wrong with us. It’s not just me that bought brand new outdate equipment that has no future proofing. We all know that PC technology is old and out of date almost the day it is manufactured and we accept this, this has always had a place in manufacturing and will continue for some time to come PC with a dual core chip is an example, the PC I am using now I built up from new part last week as a triple core and now there are quad core and Audya has USB1.Boom “ it was be great to be stupid and you got it I feel great, leader in the manufacture of bespoke keyboards, well at least the most expensive. No I am not taking it anymore, what you chaps do is your business I am particular who jerks me off. I am like a homosexual, I have come out and told my mum. It’s a big weigh of my chest. Robbo I would stay well away don’t give Ketron the chance to carry on trading, do the right thing let them go, the other KB manufacture won’t miss them I don’t think they are a threat or a force to be taken serious, if they where I would be playing the Audya instead of this KB.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35297 - 05/22/10 10:44 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

You know they say that every picture tells a story, what does this one say to you.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021236.html

Try these:

Franks an idiot (Frank is no idiot, let’s get that straight
Franks a smart cookie
Franks got foresight
Franks turned on
Franks hedging his bets
Franks had enough of Ketron
Frank sees a future with MS
Franks saying to Ketron Look out you could be history
Franks saying nothing just getting on with life
I don’t know if Frank is making a statement, but why did he need to take a pictures of all the KBs together there is more to this than meets the eye or I am a china man.

#35298 - 05/22/10 10:57 PM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Hi Tony,

Maybe it's time for you to approach either one of the bigger developers/manufacturers and sell the technology you have in the hope that they can improve it to a point where client satisfaction will be at a more acceptable level.

Robbo,

Ketron have nothing to give away or sell to anyone in this business, they are known in an Americanism as a Toxic Company, no one would want to go near them except daft sods like me and a few others who drool over the sounds and styles. Let’s get our lives back on track.

#35299 - 05/23/10 02:12 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Hi all,

I really have thought long and hard about this and I have finally decided to sell my Audya, I saw Robert Messer give a demo recently and wrote a short report on what I saw as a massive improvement in the Auyda.

Tony

Tony,
you are so right,but one more thing:dont sell your Audya,that is not good way.You must bring back your Audya to store and require your money back.
Ketron dont sell as what they promise and what they advertise.So expensive mchine simply must work properly with no exsemtion and with a last hardware inside.
I am musician and instrument like Audya mean bread and salt for me.I live my self and my family with giging and cant forgive to my self cos I buy that Ketron no working machine who stay at home in my every gig half year from naw.
So I seriously thing about charge Ketron in Bologna.My first conversation with my lawyer is in progres.Who thing they are and f*** as on that way?!!!

Good lack Tony

#35300 - 05/23/10 04:40 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
WOW!
We have some really UNHAPPY People here!!!!!

Tony: It would appear you have given up on the Audya and Ketron. What a shame Ketron has not stepped up to the plate and offered some support for the problems we are all having!

Ketron has become their OWN worst Enemy and I'm sure that will eventually lead to their DEMISE.

As for myself, my problems with the Audya are not THAT bad to want to sell it or give up on it.

However, I certainty agree that Ketron has been terrible in the technical support department.

I will be patient and hope that Ketron will solve the Hardware/Software issues with the Audya sometime soon.

For the rest of you Audya owners out there, I guess I don't blame you for saying ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!!

I'm just afraid that the combination of a BAD Global Economy, a HIGH Priced product with operating PROBLEMS and a Company with POOR Technical support means Ketron will eventually " CRASH and BURN! "

Very Sad!!

Jim R.

#35301 - 05/23/10 05:22 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
WOW!
We have some really UNHAPPY People here!!!!!

Tony: It would appear you have given up on the Audya and Ketron. What a shame Ketron has not stepped up to the plate and offered some support for the problems we are all having!

Ketron has become their OWN worst Enemy and I'm sure that will eventually lead to their DEMISE.

As for myself, my problems with the Audya are not THAT bad to want to sell it or give up on it.

However, I certainty agree that Ketron has been terrible in the technical support department.

I will be patient and hope that Ketron will solve the Hardware/Software issues with the Audya sometime soon.

For the rest of you Audya owners out there, I guess I don't blame you for saying ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!!

I'm just afraid that the combination of a BAD Global Economy, a HIGH Priced product with operating PROBLEMS and a Company with POOR Technical support means Ketron will eventually " CRASH and BURN! "

Very Sad!!

Jim R.

Jim,

Thats just about right they have had enough warning shots, in the UK we would say they are goosed! Means what you just said. They have had their nine lives as far as I am concerned and I am pulling stumps on them.

Regards

Tony

#35302 - 05/23/10 05:28 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
skude Offline

Tony
Very sorry to hear you are giving up the Audya. You have been a great help to other Audya owners. You got me the backup I wanted. No one in the Ketron system bother to help. I also know you have contacts into Ketron, but that don't even help much. You may be closer to the truth than we like to know. I'm very near to give up the whole thing myself. Almost a year with a KB not working. I always find myself waiting for somthing, that beeing replacementparts or respond to e-mails I've only had one gig with no problems. No I'm waitng again for a new CPU board. But as usual no informations on what's going on. Is the board in stock, is it shipped or what. Looks to me that even CMC is giving up Ketron. I think one phonecall or e-mail to the factory could have the parts going, if it's not in stock.
I can't even plan on selling like you Tony, who will pay for a faulty KB.
skude

#35303 - 05/23/10 05:44 AM Re: I have had it with the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Tony
Very sorry to hear you are giving up the Audya. You have been a great help to other Audya owners. You got me the backup I wanted. No one in the Ketron system bother to help. I also know you have contacts into Ketron, but that don't even help much. You may be closer to the truth than we like to know. I'm very near to give up the whole thing myself. Almost a year with a KB not working. I always find myself waiting for somthing, that beeing replacementparts or respond to e-mails I've only had one gig with no problems. No I'm waitng again for a new CPU board. But as usual no informations on what's going on. Is the board in stock, is it shipped or what. Looks to me that even CMC is giving up Ketron. I think one phonecall or e-mail to the factory could have the parts going, if it's not in stock.
I can't even plan on selling like you Tony, who will pay for a faulty KB.
skude

Skude,

This extremely sad and a damming indictment on Ketron, you have had problems almost from day one and you are been ignored, you bought it in all good faith. I understand that in a recent conversation with someone high up in Ketron, he said that “our customers come first”, WOW what a load of old B*****ks. An old English quote “You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time”. This does not apply in Italy, they are in the Euro. As far as customers coming first that’s just before you part with your hard earned cash, two seconds after you and your KB are history, am I right or wrong.
I am truly sorry that we could not get your KB working, if it looks like it’s buggered, and it sounds like it’s buggered and it feels like it’s buggered, then it must be buggered. Buggered is an English slang for, bust, knackered, shot, kaput, broken, etc etc etc.

Cheers Skude,

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online