SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#352904 - 10/16/12 09:13 AM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: lahawk]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wow! We only have one more step left, the actual SINGING on the track too, and all skill whatsoever will have been removed. Congratulations, Yamaha. You have found your target demographic..!

After all, it's asking altogether too much of anybody to be able to even SING... Let's all just sit around and mime to other people's abilities, and try to fool ourselves we aren't being utter idiots!

Better start practicing that air guitar...

#352907 - 10/16/12 09:34 AM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: lahawk]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Why not use original cd's and use hologram machine.That whey you can still charge for your performance,while sitting at a bar having free drinks.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#352911 - 10/16/12 10:59 AM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
Isn't it great that all the modern arrangers give you these options. You don't have to use it but it is nice to know that you can.

That's the beauty of these options...you don't have to use them.

I know several pros who sing (and play guitar/piano) over Wav/MP3 backing tracks (maybe even a few SZ'ers shocked ) and they are pretty happy with having these options, regardless of who makes them available.

I use them when doing demos, and it is always a lot of fun.

Again, the bottom line...the choice to use, or not, is entirely up to the player/performer.

No sign of the PA-600 yet, Frans?

Any idea when you'll get it?

Ian

#352912 - 10/16/12 11:40 AM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: lahawk]
Dnj Online   content

Tyros 5 to have audio backing tracks I'm hearing.....

Pa600 early Nov...

#352913 - 10/16/12 11:47 AM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: lahawk]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Looking at some of the attitudes here, it's getting harder and harder to think of this board as a forum for serious musicians. The list of 'acceptable' compromises just keeps growing.

chas

#352914 - 10/16/12 11:58 AM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: lahawk]
Dnj Online   content

Why does that bother you Chas? Not every one likes the .....same thing nothing wrong with that..

#352916 - 10/16/12 12:04 PM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
As you know, I think that's been a key long-standing issue.

Let's face it; musicians and entertainers sometimes don't agree or get along sometimes.

As someone who occasionally uses an arranger in performance, I know it's a "slippery slope". A good argument can be made that basic arranger functions are still pre-recorded and are, thus, not much different from backing tracks or the new Yamaha product.

Everyone needs to be comfortable with how they go about the choices they have. As you know, my choices are, 1. Only use the arranger when it is the best choice; never as a crutch. 2. Never use backing tracks of any kind. 3. Never use a laptop on the bandstand.

These are my choices only...what's right for me.

Everyone else should knock themselves out doing what works for them.

Just remember: there are opportunities for those who still prefer to take the more traditional approach.

And that's what makes me feel good!

Russ

#352919 - 10/16/12 12:15 PM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Tyros 5 to have audio backing tracks I'm hearing.....

Pa600 early Nov...

I would say that is a pretty good guess.

I believe the new CVP-6** series will have them too.

We all know, not all arranger users are proficient keyboardists...many are vocalist/guitar players that want to do the OMB thing and, an arranger is easier to work with than a keyboard-less SMF player (module), and lets them record their own SMF/Wav/MP3 if they so wish.

Arranger manufactures realize there are many levels of skill and are clever enough to design an instrument to cover most, if not all stages, from the rank beginner all the way up to the very advanced player. Oscar Peterson loved his PSR-9000 Pro.

Ian

#352920 - 10/16/12 12:16 PM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: lahawk]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess for me, the bottom line comes HERE...

Is this a karaoke forum, or is this a forum for arranger PLAYERS?

Not 'START' button pushers.

In all fairness, there are a plethora of karaoke and DJ forums. If you feel that is acceptable, why not post there..? I mean, few musicians would bother to take the time to go to a DJ forum and tell them 'you need to learn how to play all this', but somehow, people that think karaoke and DJ-ing are acceptable forms of 'entertainment' on an arranger players' forum, and go 'this is OK' here.

And then wonder why there's a hostile reception to it..!

#352923 - 10/16/12 02:26 PM Re: Yamaha Audio Backing Tracks [Re: BBBB]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: BBBB
Larry:
I don't own a Yamaha and my Roland E60 won't play .WAV or MP3files. I don't sing over backing tracks BUT I am curious as to how these files would be used. I visited the Yamaha site and previewed a number of the songs(James Taylor) which show up as mp3. Nothing on support section talks about using them with a Mac or IPod. (or even a PC). Do you know how this works?
Thanks,Brian

I'm sure you could use the audio backing tracks on anything that plays MP'3s, including your computer. You can then play along, sing along, fill in, edit, etc. with the backing tracks. If you have the right software like Audacity, or Acoustica, you can also record and save your performance.

However, the nice thing about having a keyboard that plays MP3'S is, you can do all that, along with utilizing the voices, VH, fills, etc, of the keyboard mixed with the audio backing tracks, then record and save it all directly from the keyboard to a USB.

IMO, there will be many purchases both by pros and amatures.
I find it not that much different than entering a recording studio, and singing over a pre-recorded backing. It's the way pro singers have been cutting albums for years.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online