SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#352608 - 10/11/12 11:56 AM Re: Who needs a new Korg [Re: 124]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Please take a look at Lianne La Havas. In a matter of a few months, she has gone from $50.00 coffee shop gigs to opening for Alicia Keys, with Stevie Wonder and Prince in the audience, declaring her the best new female talent in 50 years. She was on the Craig Ferguson show last week and "killed"!

Because of her style, she'll never be a big as Brittany Spears or the like (thank goodness), but she's refreshing and phenomenal. Excellent musician and cute as can be. Hope she doesn't sell out and "follow the bucks".

Every time I worry about the new "crop" of young musicians and entertainers, someone like this comes along. Thankfully, they're out there.

And that speaks well for the future of the music business.

Russ

PS: Look for Au Cinema and Age on UTube.

Edited by captain Russ (10/11/12 12:04 PM)

#352612 - 10/11/12 01:07 PM Re: Who needs a new Korg [Re: Saswick]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Any entertainment is the same today. How many Brad Pitts, Matthew Perry's so on and so forth will make 200 movies, like Paul Newman, John Wayne and all the others that made movies for 50 or 60 years. The old audiences were not smoking as much pot and doing cocaine, meth so on and so forth.

The audiences of today have their brains fried and cannot concentrate long enough to follow a plot and figure out the ending. They only understanding action. People flying all over the screen and doing impossible feats with computer graphics is what I'm understanding. Audiences today get bored with entertainers very easily.

Can you imagine entertainment 20-30 years from today. Everybody doing rap. I wonder how many more curse words they will be able to create to keep the material fresh? Ha ha! Can you imagine how many 1 chord tunes there will be? How funny and sad!!!

#352714 - 10/12/12 05:34 PM Re: Who needs a new Korg [Re: Saswick]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Some time ago the file attached was publish in the korg forum.
I think that is excellente play.
Hope that the file attachment work.

Attachments
Aint no sunshine when she's gone-Korg PA1x.mp3 (25 downloads)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online