SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#352311 - 10/07/12 06:45 PM what's the deal w/ Yamaha Style and Voice Expandrs
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
just visited the site, expecting to see what was compatible w/ S750/950.

neither is included in dropdown box.

some packs I read about awhile ago -- notably, Brazil -- seem to have vanished! or if they're there, they are not compatible w/ the newer boards. wha???

it's unclear which work for which keyboard.

I think the expansion option is a plus selling point, and I was considering one seriously. but I'd rather not guess about compatibility!

George Kaye or anyone w/ connection to Yamaha folks, pls tell them about this -- it's baffling....

thanks
TM

#352350 - 10/08/12 01:09 PM Re: what's the deal w/ Yamaha Style and Voice Expandrs [Re: tom moon]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
TM,
At the Yamaha Music Soft website find the Yamaha PSRA2000 keyboard and you will see all the expansion voice and style packs available, including the Brazilian one. All of these are compatible with the PSRS750 and PSRS950. I don't see either of these two models yet listed under all the different Yamaha keyboards as of today. I will bring this to Yamaha's attention. I am using all of these packages in my 750 and 950 at my store and they work perfectly.
(Retired 2021)

#352366 - 10/08/12 05:15 PM Re: what's the deal w/ Yamaha Style and Voice Expandrs [Re: tom moon]
tom moon Offline

thanks George...

I didn't see the Brazil one for the A2000 when I went there before.
only for S650.

I did correspond w/ someone from Yamaha today and they said the same thing -- if it works in the 2000, it'll work in the newest boards.

so...to cut to the chase: what kind of percussion is added on the Brazil expansion? how are the styles in contrast to the onboard ones we know from Yamaha?

thanks in advance!
TM

#352378 - 10/08/12 10:06 PM Re: what's the deal w/ Yamaha Style and Voice Expandrs [Re: tom moon]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA

I am considering a S950, but I don't care the expansion packs available at this moment.
If I purchase a S950 is because the audio styles and none of the Expansion packs have audio styles.
The Latin pack should be called the Spain pack. No Latin-America music there.

Then, no body know yet (maybe George only) the now famous 25 audio styles in the keyboard.

#352383 - 10/08/12 11:12 PM Re: what's the deal w/ Yamaha Style and Voice Expandrs [Re: tom moon]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wouldn't buy it just for the Audio styles. No telling when, or if, they will offer more. . . and at what price.
The combination of the improved vocal harmonizer, the improved drums, the bigger speaker system, the size and weight, the price point AND the audio styles make a pretty good package though, particularly because I'm looking for a backup for my PA3X.
I strongly doubt it will make me move away from the Korg, but who knows . . . we'll see. It is truly wonderful to have so many great choices!
smile
DonM

P.S. I do anticipate selling my beloved Roland E50. It is still a great keyboard though, and I will probably regret that too.

#352437 - 10/09/12 09:38 AM Re: what's the deal w/ Yamaha Style and Voice Expandrs [Re: tom moon]
tom moon Offline

hi again George...hope I'm not wearing you out.

I just went back to the MusicSoft site, plugged in A2000 and discovered that the Brazil style/voice expansion is NOT compatible.

what's up w/ that -- can't imagine what explains this, esp since you said it worked on the 750/950....

thanks
TM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online