SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#352418 - 10/09/12 06:17 AM Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Just a short snippet at the end unfortunately, hopefully Music Store will post more on the Pegasus Wing later.

#352421 - 10/09/12 06:59 AM Re: Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I just lost my lunch. I hope I'm forgiven but I kept finding myself wishing that the demonstrator would get abducted by Somolian pirates and the organ returned to the museum. Other than that......

chas

#352422 - 10/09/12 07:07 AM Re: Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
I just lost my lunch. I hope I'm forgiven but I kept finding myself wishing that the demonstrator would get abducted by Somolian pirates and the organ returned to the museum. Other than that......

chas

Wow Chas eating early today? confused1

#352427 - 10/09/12 07:27 AM Re: Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Chas

Thats an early lunch, I make it about 8.30 in the morning smile

Bill

#352431 - 10/09/12 08:19 AM Re: Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
cgiles Offline

Right you are, Bill, which just proves that I'm not in my right mind, so you should not take anything I say seriously (unless I'm saying it about Donny.............kidding, kidding).

smile smile

chas

#352438 - 10/09/12 09:46 AM Re: Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
In fairness, there's a bunch of EU players that don't get the American fixation with country music, too! I guess there's something pretty ridiculous to be found inside ANY country or region's music tastes!

It's hard for Yanks to get a grip on this kind of stuff, because the social setting that it gets played in doesn't really have an equivalent over here. But communal music making, singalongs, and a reverence for the music of older generations (because they are out in the same beerhalls and working men's clubs as the younger generation) is much stronger than many areas over here.

I played my fair share of those clubs, holiday camps and Mecca ballrooms as a young'un, chas. While it ain't jazz, it's often a helluva good time!

We might think we are a hair more sophisticated over here, but trust me, the sense of community and family and friends is pretty lacking, here. I'd give my right arm for a good spontaneous pub singalong every now and again, rather than the mute staring at a few professional musicians you get most of the time here. We have turned into a country that watches, rather than participates in music, chas...

#352446 - 10/09/12 11:55 AM Re: Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Diki

We might think we are a hair more sophisticated over here, but trust me, the sense of community and family and friends is pretty lacking, here. I'd give my right arm for a good spontaneous pub singalong every now and again, rather than the mute staring at a few professional musicians you get most of the time here. We have turned into a country that watches, rather than participates in music, chas...

Very sadly, all too true ... frown

#352447 - 10/09/12 12:08 PM Re: Pegasus Wing at the recent Okey Festival [Re: abacus]
cgiles Offline

When you're right, you're right, Diki.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online