SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#352062 - 10/02/12 09:27 PM Affordable home sound for my arranger
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi All,

Yesterday I went hunting for a good radio/cd player so that Monica can listen to our newly recorded songs at home, getting used to them for our next live performances (We made on the spot recordings whilst singing most of those for the very first time on our new arranger).

Well, these turned out to be rather expensive. Then, at one of the major stores over here (Game), the salesman suggested the new Samsung SK330 (or something to that effect) DVD player with it's own little surround sound speakers and one smallish bass bin. This was on a special for R1000 in South Africa, which is roughly $115

Boy, were we AMAZED at the sound after we set it up at home!!! So much so that I'm going to put away my two big self powered Dixon speakers that we use inhouse for our arranger, buy another similar Samsung unit and use it, connected to our arranger, for playng, practicing & recording at home.

I've never heard better quality sound anywhere, and this all coming from those small speakers??? Hard to believe indeed... Now I know why the small Bose L1 & L2 are able to make such an impression. Big is no longer powerful or good sounding & this is a real eye opener for me.

For those looking for affordable, very good quality home sound for their Tyros 4s, you might want to look into this. It comes with two microphone inputs as well as the normal Aux ins.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#352065 - 10/02/12 09:33 PM Re: Affordable home sound for my arranger [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Another great option are Logitech sound systems. I have three of them--a Z2200 in my office, a Z5500 in the living room and another Z2200 packed up and ready to go for a backup sound system or for very small parties.
Small can sound really great!
DonM

#352068 - 10/02/12 09:52 PM Re: Affordable home sound for my arranger [Re: Henni]
lahawk Online   content

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Henni,

Sounds interesting, but I can't 'Goggle' it. Can you be more specific on the model number?

Thanks

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#352072 - 10/03/12 12:04 AM Re: Affordable home sound for my arranger [Re: lahawk]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
Henni, Sounds interesting, but I can't 'Goggle' it. Can you be more specific on the model number?

Hi Larry,

Look here

Kind regards,

Henni

#352081 - 10/03/12 02:04 AM Re: Affordable home sound for my arranger [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Larry,

See specs here.

It seems I bought a LOT more than realized!!! I am amazed & elated!!! Life keeps on getting better all the time. I'll pick up another one today...

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#352100 - 10/03/12 06:47 AM Re: Affordable home sound for my arranger [Re: Henni]
lahawk Online   content

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Henni,

A sing-a-long DVD Surround 5.1 Player with 2 mic inputs, an aux in, plays DVD's, handles USB media and at 330W x 6 is a nice setup, so I'm sure it sounds great.

It's also priced at about 1/2 of the Z5500, and the Z2200 is no longer available, however I'm not sure if your Samsung E330 is available in the States. The closest I could find is the E350 but is missing many of the features, and is more a typical DVD surround sound player.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#352138 - 10/03/12 04:19 PM Re: Affordable home sound for my arranger [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

[quote=Henni]Hi All,

Yesterday I went hunting for a good radio/cd player so that Monica can listen to our newly recorded songs at home, getting used to them for our next live performances (We made on the spot recordings whilst singing most of those for the very first time on our new arranger).

Well, these turned out to be rather expensive. Then, at one of the major stores over here (Game), the salesman suggested the new Samsung SK330 (or something to that effect) DVD player with it's own little surround sound speakers and one smallish bass bin. This was on a special for R1000 in South Africa, which is roughly $115

Boy, were we AMAZED at the sound after we set it up at home!!! So much so that I'm going to put away my two big self powered Dixon speakers that we use inhouse for our arranger, buy another similar Samsung unit and use it, connected to our arranger, for playng, practicing & recording at home.

I've never heard better quality sound anywhere, and this all coming from those small spe

akers??? Hard to believe indeed... Now I know why the small Bose L1 & L2 are able to make such an impression. Big is no longer powerful or good sounding & this is a real eye opener for me.

For those looking for affordable, very good quality home sound for their Tyros 4s, you might want to look into this. It comes with two microphone inputs as well as the normal Aux ins.

Keep well all my friends

Henni thanx for the tip....today big things come in small packages I'm so excited I'm in the mood for some Bunny chow !!!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online