SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#352015 - 10/02/12 01:58 AM Benefits of a multi arranger setup
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Found this topic being discussed on another forum. Found it quite interesting, & hence may take on this:

Please note, I can NEVER speak for professionals - this concerns average home players and the average gigging artist only:

Not long ago, I had the Yamaha PSR3000, Korg PA50SD & of course my newly discovered Audya.

I immediately went & purchased a multi arranger stand as I thought exactly the same thing. There are bits & pieces on everyone that I'd like to retain.

However, I've now come to this conclusion: Better to become ABSOLUTELY familiar with EVERYTHING that your favourite arranger can do & then invest fully in this. As an example, the AJAMSONIC upgrade cost nearly as much as I paid new for my Korg PA50SD, demonstrating my point clearly. I can only imagine what all the additional Yamaha styles & expansion packs must cost...

Arrangers have become very complex and very few are able to use theirs to the fullest. After realizing that the Audya is EVERYTHING that I always wanted, I got rid of the rest and invested in EVERYTHING currently available for my Audya, including a three hour plus video tutorial covering every feature available on it. And EVERY upgrade & add on I bought brought with it a TREMENDOUS improvement.

Really, hardly a day goes by without me discovering something new & amazing on it. So my advice is, unless you are an professional or involved in studio work, find an arranger that suits YOU and rather invest ALL your spare time and hard earned cash into it, but make sure that you use it to the FULLEST extend.

Really, If you are not completely satisfied with what you have, find something else. I did & I'll never look back. Our music (as non professionals) has expanded tremendously to the next level & my attention is no longer divided all over the place.

I can for example just think of the horror of getting one microphone to use the various harmonizers for starters. And also, the setup becomes a lot more complex & time consuming. As for me, I'd rather spend my time & energy making actual music than cluttering it instead with unwanted technical stuff which takes the joy out of the music for me.

But of course, we are all different. This might not be true for all...Anyway, just my opinion.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#352016 - 10/02/12 02:40 AM Re: Benefits of a multi arranger setup [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Henni

I find your topic very interesting, mainly, because I have always benn afflicked with gear lust, and have had as many as seven keyboards at one time, only because I can.

Wheras, there is no question that had I limited myself to one and learned it completely, I would have saved many thousands of dollars. Whether this would have made a better musician is doubtful because of the lack of zeal associated with a new board.

However, in the quest for the best keyboard for me, I have found that the only one could match my KN7000, and that is my Audya 76.

I think, now, that I will follow your advice and concentrate on my Audya and hope something better doesn't come along to entice me.

Bernie

#352018 - 10/02/12 02:55 AM Re: Benefits of a multi arranger setup [Re: Bernie9]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Bernie,

I'll not turn this into an Audya topic, but honestly, the Audya has cured me from any gear lusts. For the first time in my whole musical life, I get absolutely no butterflies in my tummy at the announcement of a new arranger. For the first time I'm not collecting or even viewing demonstrations - I'm just THAT satisfied with my choice.

And I honestly think that anyone not feeling same has not yet found the arranger that best suits THEM.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online