SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#351849 - 09/29/12 08:54 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hey Guys,

I think it is now beyond all form of doubt that Rico's version of this piece is excellent as all is work is, however on this occasion he has not perfected the duplication of the trumpet part, we can't always be right all the time, well at least some of us, so let's give Rico time to lick his wounds and perhaps if we ask him nicely he will try it on the Tyros 4., in the hope that Super Articulation will rule the day. Never shoot the pianist when he is trying his best.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#351857 - 09/29/12 10:54 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I thought the trumpet was fine...maybe reduce the vibrato just a tad. But it was OK, to me.
I also would like to hear it with the T4 SA Trumpet for curiosity sake

The Original:

Compare...

...Not Bad Rico bounce

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#351859 - 09/29/12 12:24 PM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Excellent!
Thanks for sharing.
DonM

#351862 - 09/29/12 01:56 PM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: lahawk]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Rico is playing the famous Perez Prado version and is doing an outstanding job of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDjAN8sKb1A

#351921 - 10/01/12 05:25 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Guys,
Sorry i could not reply but i was away for the weekend

So thank you @ll for your nice comments smile

And to come back on the trumpet
i totaly agree but what i did is i listen to those old recordings i wanted to let it sound not to crisp or to new
also the reason why i did it because i wanted to use the
pitchbend thingie from the roland because i hate those wheels from the yamaha
that slider from the roland is way better to handle its nicer
but if anny of you guys can help me out maby
because what i realy would like is my tyros 4 sound to play on my roland that would be awsome but i have no clue how to set that up trough midi so if anny 1 knows how to do that that would make my day
i also made maby a mistake to upload to fast but i needed to go away so i wanted to satisfy the person who made the request
so i played that song in about 1 hour but i was also not to happy with that trumpet sound

speak to you soon
Friendly Greetings wave Rico

#351925 - 10/01/12 07:32 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A trumpet, not being a trombone (duh!) isn't capable of doing a natural gliss down a half an octave or so, so trumpet players 'half-valve', which means putting the valve halfway down so the airflow is very disturbed, and both the valve and the non-valve lengths vibrate (sort of!). This gives a very strangled sound which doesn't resonate at any particular note, making it easy to lip down and up quite a long way.

You MIGHT be able to get a bit closer by putting portamento on/off to a footswitch, sound to mono, hit the note and then hit portamento on, then play an octave (or fourth down, whatever) below, and let the portamento do the long bend down for you.

But, given that the tone as well changes radically, it's only a half solution. I don't think I have EVER heard this emulated well, unless you actually have a sample of the gliss. Kind of like those clarinet glisses that they have for the SA2 Clarinet.

I am right in thinking the SA trumpet doesn't have a lip gliss, aren't I?

Edited by Diki (10/01/12 07:32 AM)

#351928 - 10/01/12 07:41 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Dnj Offline

Why go nuts?.. just play it your "own way" after all it's an arranger KB NOT a Real Trumpet... make it your own.

#351930 - 10/01/12 07:50 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, the gliss IS kind of signature to the song...

But whatever you can get away with is fine!

#351933 - 10/01/12 07:58 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Well, the gliss IS kind of signature to the song...

But whatever you can get away with is fine!

This classic has been done in so many ways... .....
as in My Korg Micro Arranger Demo or in this Big Band Arrangement...sometimes strict tempo does the trick...enjoy headphone

Attachments
ChaCha Cherry Pink.mp3 (49 downloads)

Edited by Dnj (10/01/12 08:06 AM)

#351940 - 10/01/12 08:49 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
WAY BACK when I was a good trumpet player, I remember practicing for hours learning that technique. Now I probably couldn't get a middle C (or Bb as the case may be) from a trumpet.
I'm looking for a Yamaha EZ Digital Trumpet, but they were only sold in Japan. I have found a couple used on Ebay, but price is really high.
DonM

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online