SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#351818 - 09/28/12 01:15 PM Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White Cereza rosa Gummy Mambo On Yamaha Tyros 4 & Roland G70 By Rico

"Cereza rosa", or "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White" or "Gummy Mambo" is the English version of "Cerisier rose et pommier blanc", a popular song with music by Louiguy written in 1950. French lyrics to the song by Jacques Larue and English lyrics by Mack David both exist and recordings of both have been quite popular. However, Perez Prado's recording of the song as an instrumental with his orchestra featuring trumpeter Billy Regis, whose trumpet sound would slide down and up before the melody would resume, was the most popular version in 1955, reaching number one on the Billboard charts. The most popular vocal version in the U.S. was by Alan Dale, reaching #14 on the charts in 1955.

In the United Kingdom, two versions of the song went to number one in 1955. The first was the version by Perez Prado, which reached number one for two weeks. Less than a month later, a version by the British trumpeter Eddie Calvert reached number one for four weeks.

In 1982, the British pop group Modern Romance (featuring John Du Prez) had a UK Top 20 hit with the vocal version of the song.

In 1961, Jerry Murad's Harmonicats released an album featuring the song, also entitled Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White.

I Hope YOu Guys Like It Speak To You Soon................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmrim-xp7Ic

Greetings Rico wave

#351821 - 09/28/12 02:51 PM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Rico....another fantastic arrangement. Your personal touches are entertaining and make songs like "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White" even better!

Larry

#351823 - 09/28/12 03:11 PM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: lahawk]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hey Larry my friend,
Thank you so much for your kind comment
it was a request from someone on YT i never played it before and i thought i should give it a try
because i like that kind of music BIGBAND heheh...
and i ended up with this
Greetings My friend Have a nice weekend

Rico wave

Ps m8 I realy like your sincere comment makes me real happy smile

#351831 - 09/28/12 05:42 PM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Dnj Offline

Rico well played...but I didn't care for the sound of the trumpet. To my ear the tone and vibrato did not assimilate a Real sounding Trumpet.....otherwise nice arrangement.....thanx for sharing.

#351834 - 09/28/12 07:46 PM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Rico,

Overall, good to excellent. I'm with DNJ on the trumpet, though. Too much modulation on the trumpet sound, which detracts from the other voices, which sound great.

Thanks again for submitting another great song,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#351836 - 09/28/12 11:08 PM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Tony Hughes Offline

Rico,

Excellent, your are truly the number one entertainer on SZ, I have got to agree with Donny and Gary, that trumpet is a mess, no one could ever play a trumpet like that Rico, but what else would you expect from a Roland G70, you should have played the trumpet on the T4., but you don't need me to tell you that, Suuuuuuper Articulation, alas not available on the G70...BOOOOOOM BOOOOOOM sofa confused2 World War 3 here I come... Nice to see Larry is still alive and well

#351842 - 09/29/12 04:25 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
There's a trick you can do on the G70 to allow you to choose when and where the heavily vibrato'd notes play and don't...

If you use an expression pedal, set up the vibrato on UPR1, and a non (or much lesser) vibrato'd patch on UPR2. Then reverse the direction of the expression pedal on the UPR2 trumpet. Now you can, with a quick change from full on to full off of the pedal, choose whether the note is vibrato'd or not. You could also use aftertouch on the non-vibrato'd patch, so you can fade it in after a while (which you have no control of with the vibrato trumpet sample) to make the transition to the vibrato sample smoother.

In all fairness, Cherry Pink is one of the hardest trumpet tunes to emulate, because the half-valved lip gliss of half an octave or so down and back up is pretty much impossible to emulate with ANY keyboard. Because it is half-valved and lipped, it is utterly different to a simple pitch bend...

#351843 - 09/29/12 04:43 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hey Rico,
Excellent & there's no denying your talent, but I've got to agree about that trumpet sound......Ugh!!!
Thanks for sharing.

#351845 - 09/29/12 05:05 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

In all fairness, Cherry Pink is one of the hardest trumpet tunes to emulate, because the half-valved lip gliss of half an octave or so down and back up is pretty much impossible to emulate with ANY keyboard. Because it is half-valved and lipped, it is utterly different to a simple pitch bend...

There you go Rico, just don't try to emulate something that cannot be emulated, the fountain of knowledge has spoken, unless you can half-valved lip, need a few bottles of the hard stuff, you must hand it to SZ you learn something new every day, not that it would be of any use to you as my old mum would say god bless her soul " just another useless piece of information, I don't need" still Rico see if it sounds better on the Tyros4, Diki might be blagging it with all this half-valved and lipped stuff??? computer

#351848 - 09/29/12 08:32 AM Re: Cherry Pink And apple BLossom White By Rico [Re: KeyBTyros]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi Rico. Nice playing- great tune. I'd have to agree with the critic of the trumpet too.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online