SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#351435 - 09/20/12 01:02 PM playing outdoors
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas

I got a couple of outdoor fall festivals coming up. Here in Texas it’s still usually hot and sunny in September and October and that makes it kind of difficult to play outside with my Tyros 2. The screen is really hard to read in the sun light. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get the glare off the screen? Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#351442 - 09/20/12 01:43 PM Re: playing outdoors [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Buy a kiosk canopy folding...they work well..

#351460 - 09/20/12 08:40 PM Re: playing outdoors [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Positioning makes a big difference,,I just came back from my Gig in Wildwood,NJ..This was an outdoor gig..on the street (Wildwood's massive Car show...}

We were set up...not on the "sunny side of the street"

The sun was to our back and the building behind us sheiled the direct sun...I had no problem seeing the screen on the BK5...

Last week at the Wildwood beach party and Fox park outdoor gigs...we faced the sun directly and it was near impossible to see the screen...

The key is to try and set up so not to be in direct sun...

#351462 - 09/20/12 09:56 PM Re: playing outdoors [Re: montunoman]
Tony Hughes Offline

No problemo, we don't get any sun, we can't play outdoors, no contest, mind you we don't get any tornadoes or hurricanes either, I'm glad of that. As they say in the UK, no gain no pain, for every action there is a reaction.

Oh sorry I forgot, Billy Abacus gets all our sunshine.... rotf2 and all the girls, old ones, the strong ale he drinks only make them look younger.

#351464 - 09/20/12 10:17 PM Re: playing outdoors [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Buy a kiosk canopy folding...they work well..

Donny the gadgit man, available from Kaymart, shows us a picture Donny, don't they blow away easy. party

#351466 - 09/20/12 11:21 PM Re: playing outdoors [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary D. made a little cardboard tent for his. He is good at making stuff.
DonM

#351469 - 09/21/12 12:52 AM Re: playing outdoors [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

We ONLY play outdoors, so I know. Easiest is one of those big foldable garden umbrellas. Don't position directly over you, but rather between you and the sun.

The foldable canopy does not really work for us. The sound from the speakers reflects all over the place & I always have a hard time controlling mike feedback when using it.

You can see exactly what I mean over here

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#351480 - 09/21/12 07:25 AM Re: playing outdoors [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The black, cardboard hood is Velcro'd to the keyboard and surrounds the screen. It looks like a small air scoop for a car and completely shades the display so you can read it. The other problem, however, is the keyboard's button lights, which are low level LEDs - can't see them in the sun. Laptop screens are also a problem, which anyone that his tried to use their laptop outdoors is well aware.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#351498 - 09/21/12 11:09 AM Re: playing outdoors [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
The black, cardboard hood is Velcro'd to the keyboard and surrounds the screen. It looks like a small air scoop for a car and completely shades the display so you can read it.

Gary cool

Gary,

You missed your way in life, you should have been an architect, send us a photo, it can go with Nidem's wooden KB, might give Wersi some new ideas... dance2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#351508 - 09/21/12 04:38 PM Re: playing outdoors [Re: montunoman]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I used Gary's idea (taken from one of his earlier posts) I used regular cardboard and sprayed it black - still works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online