SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#350999 - 09/12/12 09:52 AM Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...

#351005 - 09/12/12 02:20 PM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: Saswick]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Col

I liked the song and your rendition very much. Also, I see you are making judicious use of the vocalist by using it on the chorus only.

Bernie

#351013 - 09/12/12 05:39 PM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Col,

Great job with this one - really loved the clarity of everything, vocals and keyboard alike.

Thanks from an "Old Codger".

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#351020 - 09/12/12 09:23 PM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: Saswick]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Col...Nice job, liked your performance.

I also noticed you took the advise, and changed the aspect ratio of this video, so that it now displays properly.
Much better in widescreen. smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#351037 - 09/12/12 11:49 PM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: Saswick]
Saswick Offline

Morning Guys

Thanks a lot, it just goes to show your never to old to learn.

I think I've sorted the camera out now angles an all, also the camera is now recording in 720HD which has improved the video quality. I'm also feeling more confident in front of the camera (having had my hair cut)

I'll try a smile next to show you my new teeth LOL

I'm going to re-do my old videos as soon as I have time. Having said that the weather is better this weekend so back to painting boat for the next three days.

Regards

Col

PS I should have titled the post all the other old codgers including myself firmly in that category.

Edited by Saswick (09/12/12 11:52 PM)

#351049 - 09/13/12 01:14 AM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: Saswick]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

As a diehard Cliff Richard fan I would say: Great recording Col.
Just wondering, there is a mike-in on the Kodak, do you actually feed the mix (the Zoom I presume) into the mike-in of the camera ? In other words can this mike-in function as a line-in as well ?

regards
John

#351062 - 09/13/12 03:55 AM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: john smies]
Saswick Offline

Hi John

Yes it is a stereo line input as well as a stereo mike input.

I fed the headphone output from the zoom into the Zi8 and the monitor output into my monitors which are out of shot.

Regards

Col

#351073 - 09/13/12 08:01 AM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good job!
I got a Kodak Zi8 last week. I've been experimenting a little with it on the job. Yesterday I got a remote control for it, so it will be easier to use while I'm working.
DonM

#351076 - 09/13/12 08:34 AM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: DonM]
Saswick Offline

Hi Don

Welcomb to the club. I found that it was difficult to get a shot including the head and the keyboard without the wide angle lens, the reason being my music room is only 10' square so I could not get the camera far enough away. The new magnetic wide angle lens cured that. I'm quite pleased with the video and audio quality now and using the Media Impressions software to upload to You Tube doesn't seem to take to long.

Attached a shot of my set up. The camera is mounted on top of a mic stand using a bendy tripod.

The only problem is the light varies dependant on the sun which on the odd occasion shines through the window and if its a cloudy day the shot goes from bright to dark as the clouds go by, special effects for free.

Regards

Col

Attachments
DSC00492.JPG

Edited by Saswick (09/13/12 08:39 AM)

#351078 - 09/13/12 09:24 AM Re: Dedicated to all you old Codgers on SZ [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You can solve the lighting problem by going to one of the local farming stores and picking up an aluminum, chicken house light. They come with a spring-loaded clip for attaching to nearly any object. Then pick up a 150-watt photographers light bulb, clip the light to something nearby and aim the light at the ceiling. This will brightly illuminate everything in the room with soft, no-shadow lighting.

You can find them for $6.99 at Harbor Freight Tools

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online