SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 17 of 31 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31 >
Topic Options
#362871 - 03/10/13 09:42 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: alliehoe
hi

I created sister sledge we are family

enjoy

#362872 - 03/10/13 09:46 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

For those interested, there are quite a few brand new drum & percussion loops available for the Audya over at the Create Songstyle forum.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Hi everyone,

Where do I put these loops on my Audya (In what directory)?

Kind regards,

Henni

Originally Posted By: spfernandes
Hi Henni!

At 1st: thanks for your great job in this forum!

You can copy your loops into folder "user Audya Drums" and use them like... an User Audya Drum.

Regards

#362873 - 03/10/13 09:53 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: player 1
I dont know how to use the 4 banks from the Audya to my music program in the computer, in the manual from Audya there is for ex. BANK C (CC0 Value=1 to 11) Can someone tell me how I load it into the music program
I have had it before but I had to fix the computer and reload the music program and I have forgot how to load it
Thanks

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Hi... Here I have the scipts (all sounds change) of Audya (for Cubase)...
In folder exist also and Text file... If you want you can to load it (the text file) on the Sonar.. I think work it...

#362874 - 03/10/13 09:55 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Leezone,

Repeating Intros & Endings:

This is how I now do it. I find a variation that is not too different from the intro or ending. When I play the intro or ending, I hit the "Pause" (restart) button EXACTLY on the start of the last measure of the intro or ending. One has to be on time and after a bit of practice this becomes easier. Then, just before the very next measure, I select intro or ending again.

Not the neatest method, I agree, but at least I can now play these one after the other. That's until such time as Ketron honors our request to be able to repeat either intros or endings direct after each other.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#362875 - 03/10/13 09:59 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: lars p
Hii... can somebody tell me the sysex code to gs reset ??? I dont understand it has to be so hard to find... it is not in manual or midi implement !!!

kind regards
Lars

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
This is the code I use in vArranger

F0 41 10 42 12 40 00 7F 00 41 F7

okay, thanks Dan, But.... "41" isent that Roland ??? I thought Ketron used 26 ???

GS IS ROLAND

yes, thats right, but all brands have their own "ID number"

Each brand decide how their synth will react to any SYSEX message received.

They can react to the GS reset message, or simply ignore it.

This message is not to change depending on the brand.

The ID number is for other proprietary messages.

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Like Dan said. Regardless of the brand, if they support GS they have to respond to the Roland ID because GS is Roland. If they didn't then they wouldn't be GS compliant.

#362876 - 03/10/13 10:01 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: blackberry821510
(Often abbreviated "sysex") A part of the MIDI standard that allows synth manufacturers to define their own specific message formats. Unlike every other message format in the MIDI standard, sysex messages can be variable in length; they are marked by both a start byte (F0 hex) and an end byte (F7 hex). The byte after the start byte is required to be a number that identifies the manufacturer; the MIDI standard defines a specific number for each manufacturer that has applied for an ID from the MIDI Manufacturer's Association. (Because the number of manufacturers has long since exceeded what can be accommodated with a single seven-bit byte, an escape code which allows larger numbers has been defined.) A later revision of the standard added bytes after the manufacturer ID that specify a model code and a unit number for the target synth; some early MIDI-equipped synths do not support this since it was not in the standard when they were built. Sysex messages do not support MIDI channel numbers, so the model and unit number are necessary in order to target a specific synth in a MIDI chain that contains multiple synths from the same manufacturer.

Sysex messages have found a number of uses. Probably the most common today is patch dumping and loading, which allows patches to be transferred to a sequencer or a computer for storage and re-loading. Sysex patch dumps have largely replaced removable storage methods built into synths (e.g., floppy disks) for off-synth patch storage. In addition, the advent of patch librarian software has made it far more convenient to organize and categorize patches which are dumped to a computer via sysex. A second common use for sysex is real-time patch editing from an external control box or computer; although the non-registered parameter mechanism exists for this purpose, sysex is more able to handle synths with large numbers of parameters, or complex means of parameter storage. Sysex is also used for (depending on the synth) loading non-equal-tempered tuning tables, obtaining info about what capabilities a synth supports, transferring sample audio (a sample dump standard exists, but it takes a long time to transfer audio files over a MIDI cable), and loading new operating system software into a synth.

A sysex message with a manufacturer ID of hex 7F is referred to as a universal real-time message. This is basically a mechanism that has allowed several types of speciality messages, such as MIDI Machine Control to be added to the MIDI standard

Synths vary in the maximum size of a sysex message that they can accept, and the rate at which they can accept sysex messages. Not all synths can accept sysex at the full rate that the MIDI port is capable of transferring bytes. Becaues of this, many sequencers and patch librarians have an adjustable delay parameter which throttles the data rate when sysex transfers are being performed. Because sysex messages can be long, they can upset the timing of following notes and control messages. Sequencer users sometimes reserve the first bar of a song for transferring sysex messages (such as patch loads), actually starting the song at the beginning of the second bar.

#363781 - 03/25/13 09:18 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe0710
Hi,

I just tried to copying an intro from one style into another style in my Audya and it seems that there are still some major bugs in the OS5, or maybe I'm wrong and somebody could tell me the correct way.

1.) What was the intention

Copy Intro 3 from Style A to Intro 1 of Style B - very simple

2.) What have I done

a.) Load Style B into memory and press Edit --> this works
b.) In the style edit modus press copy --> this works
c.) Select Style A into the "From" section --> this fails
as it is not possible to reach the style A if it is
not located in the first page of the respective user style
section. (AND: Before you can reach any style you have
to press the user style button again!)

3.) What is the work around

The only work around is to rename the style A in a way, that
it is located on the first page of the style section.

To be honest, such things are making me really impatient as this are basic
functionalities. A simple 5 minute action costs me one hour to find out a
work around.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, maby Darren or AJ have an idea.

Joe

Originally Posted By: RICHARDS
Hello Joe

Can I copy Fill 1,2..from Style A to Fill 1,2 of Style B?

Just doing like you describe in section 2 or another better way to copy it. Thanks

Originally Posted By: Lyker
Hello all ”Audyaholics”…
This is my first post in here . I got my AUDYA in 2009 and have got solutions of many questions,
which could not be resolved in the manual…so this forum is a great help for me.

To Joe..You can choose the next page, by pushing the button in the respective style category.
One push – one page forward..

For you who also think that some styles is ending very suddenly, it is now possible to slow down
The BPM in an ending – it was not possible two years ago..
Choose the ending you want to slow down – record / start / temp.- / stop /save /save.

#363782 - 03/25/13 09:21 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
How to load a Single Program (SPG) into your main Program Bank

Lets say we want to load FAST STRINGS.spg

1) First find a program sound you don't want to keep - idealy from the same section, in this case: STRINGS. I am going to choose "BASS SEC&VIOLIN" as I never use it.

NOTE) If you want to back-up this factory program, press EDIT, SAVE, followed by USER 4/9 (Save To Disk). You will now find that program in your USER DATA folder for later use.

2) Select DISK. make sure you are in the root directory and locate the USER DATA folder. Press ENTER

3) Hilight FAST STRINGS.spg (with the cursor keys) and press ENTER to load

4) Press EDIT, then SAVE followed by USER 5/10 (SAVE)

Now when you select PROGRAM followed by the STRINGS category you should see FAST STRINGS next to the F9 touch button

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
To change the key range of a User Program

load the voice (either single program from USER DATA or a Program from the PROGRAM BANK)

Select EDIT

Select Control 1/1 (User 5/10)

Select F2. Either play the lowest note on the keyboard,use the data wheel or cursor keys to assign the low note. If using the keyboard Audya will automatically move to thehigh note ofthe first voice, otherwise use F2 to move forward or F7 to go back.

Once you have assigned the note range for all three parts press SAVE, and then either User 4/9; Save To Disk (saves the *.SPG in User Date) or Save (User5/10) to overwrite the current Program from the Program Bank

#363783 - 03/25/13 09:23 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: audyauser2012
Hallo everybody !!!

I made two SPG programs from Roland D-50 series !

Shamus_D50
Tragedy_D50

Both are analog pads and sounds excellent ! Turn back into 80' !

Extract ZIP files, copy content into Audya and Save - Enjoy !

#363926 - 03/27/13 09:48 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: RICHARDS
Some of the voice depend on the musical instrument of each country. I would like to make a voice from my country like Vietnam
This is a sample of that instrument: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37qw5vNyYzE

How do I create it in Audya?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
First off, you will have to sample/record it digitally in say 5 notes per octave across the entire 88 notes (if instrument doesn't span this high and low or far, you can then attempt to sample/record every note).

Next copy these samples into the AUDYA'S HD (Wave folder to be exact). You may create a sub-folder in this folder to accomplish this so as to distinguish from other future sounds/instruments).

Now in AUDYA:-
* Press WAVE to access the wave folder.
* Press EDIT to enter the WAVE EDITOR
* Use MSP to assign each of these new samples to each of the keys. You may use the LFO editors (F6-F10) to further tune your sound.
* When done, SAVE your MSP file.
** TO recall - press DISK - go to MSP - load your new sound (made up of all the samples you recorded above).

Thanks,

AJ

Page 17 of 31 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online