SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#350933 - 09/11/12 10:56 AM Korg PA3x Soundware Update
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
In addition to the firmware update for the PA3x a Sounware Update is also available.

Happy Updating

Bill

Attachments
Korg Soundware.jpg (90 downloads)

Edited by abacus (09/11/12 11:10 AM)

#350946 - 09/11/12 02:36 PM Re: Korg PA3x Soundware Update [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

Nice. Bill, can you clarify what this 'soundpack' is? I was under the impression that the OS1.5 update was a free download, in usual Korg fashion. Here, though, it mentions this soundpack is 10 quid if you already own a Pa3X. So is this something different - additional to the OS upgrade? I'm not quibbling in any shape or form, it's the bargain of the century, just wondering why there is a ten pound charge for this.

#350995 - 09/12/12 08:05 AM Re: Korg PA3x Soundware Update [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi 124

As far as I am aware it is completely separate of the OS update and is provided free of charge to new purchases of the PA3x. (The update is also free if you already have the soundware pack)

It may also be specific to Korg UK, hence the cost to other users.

It was in the latest Keyboard Cavalcade Magazine, and I posted it as I thought it would be useful for Korg owners, however if you require more details then you will need to contact Korg UK (Contact details in the advert) as the advert is the only information I have about it.

Regards

Bill

#350998 - 09/12/12 09:23 AM Re: Korg PA3x Soundware Update [Re: abacus]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
According to Sandra at Korg UK...it is only available, either free to new PA3x buyers, or 9 pounds for existing owners.

BUT it is U.K. exclusive -

My first query was general in asking if it was available, to which she replied:

Many thanks for your email.

Please Note: We can only supply goods to addresses in the United Kingdom. If you are not in this region may want to contact the official dealer/distributor for your country directly. Their contact information can be found online

I responded by pointing out it was SOFTWARE, not hardware so it may not be covered by the same exclusions -(although Korg USA dealers seem to have NO issues in selling overseas!!!)

My reply back (still awaiting an answer) was :

this is a software product created by Korg UK and that it was not covered by the usual distributor local sales rules. I mean it will only end up getting distributed for free (I believe Korg UK are including it free with the sale of a new PA3, but for sale at 9 pounds for existing owners) so if you guys make it hard for anyone to buy, we will only then start getting for free from people who get it in the UK..

As I said can you PLEASE check with your management as again, it is NOT hardware, will it be available worldwide..

So we will see what happens....

#351004 - 09/12/12 01:49 PM Re: Korg PA3x Soundware Update [Re: abacus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
We can just wait until someone over there gets and posts it where we can download. If they won't sell it to us, we'll get it for free eventually. Their loss.
DonM

#351011 - 09/12/12 04:24 PM Re: Korg PA3x Soundware Update [Re: abacus]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Exactly Don...that is what I was trying to explain to Sandra...no response yet

Dennis

PS: I, like you probably, would be more than happy to pay for such a resource...I mean the $15 approx cost is great value!!

Edited by miden (09/12/12 04:47 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online