could be your power strip
could be your extension cord
could be the outlet on wall
could be sudden power failure, like quick lightning
could be lots of things

for it to happen to 2 keyboards leads me to believe its not the keyboards

the only way to PROVE or find out why is

put a UPS on the AUDYA !!!

Diki, would be the 1st to recommend a UPS as i believe he uses one all the time...

#35083 - 04/22/10 10:18 PM Re: Audya turned off by itself when I was playing
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
could be your power strip
could be your extension cord
could be the outlet on wall
could be sudden power failure, like quick lightning
could be lots of things

for it to happen to 2 keyboards leads me to believe its not the keyboards

the only way to PROVE or find out why is

put a UPS on the AUDYA !!!

Diki, would be the 1st to recommend a UPS as i believe he uses one all the time...

We are lucky in the UK the last time we have power cuts was in the miners strikes in 1972, Audya wasn't out then, I don't think this is an Audya problem at all Tom. It also happened with your X1 so you need to keep an eye on the voltage!

Tony

Don't take the top off a brand new Audya, you may blow the warranty as well as the KB.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35084 - 04/23/10 02:43 PM Re: Audya turned off by itself when I was playing
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
When yousay reboot, do you mean turn back on ?

#35085 - 04/24/10 11:32 AM Re: Audya turned off by itself when I was playing
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
When yousay reboot, do you mean turn back on ?

I'm a bit confused at this, if it was a power outage or big sudden volt drop, the KB would have come back up on it's own, did the KB shut down and you had to switch it off and on again, for it to start, this important for a diagnostic.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35086 - 04/24/10 12:00 PM Re: Audya turned off by itself when I was playing
Tom Audya Offline

Loc: USA
For my X1, when I was playing, it turned off and on by itself, I did sent to Newyork (I believe this is headquater) for them to check and fix. They change new mother board, but still the same problem, finally, they find out that there are some lose connection of harness. It happened to all my friends who have X1. For Audya, it turn off by itself when I was playing, but did not turn on by itself, when it turned off, I still see the led of "Disk" button blinking but very dim, I turned off and on the switch again to turn Audya on. Recently, nothing happen again.

#35087 - 04/24/10 10:31 PM Re: Audya turned off by itself when I was playing
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Audya:
For my X1, when I was playing, it turned off and on by itself, I did sent to Newyork (I believe this is headquater) for them to check and fix. They change new mother board, but still the same problem, finally, they find out that there are some lose connection of harness. It happened to all my friends who have X1. For Audya, it turn off by itself when I was playing, but did not turn on by itself, when it turned off, I still see the led of "Disk" button blinking but very dim, I turned off and on the switch again to turn Audya on. Recently, nothing happen again.

Tom,

This sounds like something inside the KB and the next time it does it I would send it back and get a new one.You may need to wait Audya is in sort supply. All the problems we are having are silly ones corrupt files, people removing files and bad upgrading, these are simple to get over, but your sounds more serious, if it does it again I would get a new one sent.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-25-2010).]

#35088 - 05/02/10 11:07 PM Re: Audya turned off by itself when I was playing
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Audya:
Do anyone know what happen? Thanks.

Yea but a question firs, were you holding on to your socks?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online