SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3507 - 07/27/02 09:53 AM SD1 vs PSR9000 frustration
Herbianddegators Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nv
Thanks for your reply Uncle Dave,

You just proved my point. I am not the only one out there paying there dues. Isnt' this a ludicrous way to give someone 3K? At least the other guys only had to drive 3 hours one way, I have 4 more!

I don't won't to re invent the wheel, but I am very dissapointed how this structure is set up. I wish I could sell something and ask my customer to drive 5 hours and give me 3k. I am in the wrong business.
Herbi

[This message has been edited by Herbianddegators (edited 07-27-2002).]

#3508 - 07/27/02 09:56 AM Re: SD1 vs PSR9000 frustration
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny, Fran, AJ and I drove three hours to see DanO when the SD1 first came out. If you are serious about this decision - you'll have to make the trip or take your chances. Didn't George Kaye sell a kb to a guy from Mexico? That's quite a hike !

Guitar Center has a 30 day return policy ... that's like a free rental deal, isn't it?

#3509 - 07/27/02 10:20 AM Re: SD1 vs PSR9000 frustration
rgtaa Offline

uncle dave!

What did you guys think of the sd1?

rgtaa

Uncle dave writes:
Donny, Fran, AJ and I drove three hours to see DanO when the SD1 first came out

#3510 - 07/27/02 10:26 PM Re: SD1 vs PSR9000 frustration
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
DanO - Cover your eyes ... I have to tell about my rection to the SD1.

Fran and I bought one each .... mostly on the strength of the drums, but after playing them at home (I had ONE set on the job with mine, and packed it up)we decided that it was not enough of an evolution of the X1 (which we both liked, but had some problems with certain features)

I think the SD1 SOUNDS as good as anything out there, but the 64 note polyphony is still a little stingy when you layer piano and strings and use the sustain heavily.
The vocalizer is also tied to the polyphony, so when the notes run out - the harmonies stop too. Yoiu have to REtrigger the chord to get a new set of harmony notes after a dropout.

I'm a very opinionated buyer and I demand alot from my tools, so please don't act on my advice alone - take the trip and play one first, but beware - it's not WORLDS ahead of the X1 ... it's better in the piano dept, that's for sure, but the rest is just a nominal improvement.

Now - the XD9 on the other hand has put in a feature that I've been waiting for for years ... the ability to search the seq titles while a style is playing, and the reverse as well. This was a major drag in all the other boards so far. I bought the XD9 from Dano, and I'm giving it a shot this week - I'll give you all my impressions very soon. I'm optimistic about some features, but I doubt that the polyphony issue has been improved. Are you listeniong AJ ? Any chance of a better dynamic allocation (like Roland does) for the note useage?

I hope it works smoothly ... it's in the old X1 case, so it must share at least some of the same design features ..... Maybe it'll be just the ticket to keep me going another year!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online