Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#350684 - 09/08/12 11:47 AM Re: PSR s-950 a yamaha disappointment? [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
A rolandfan who doesn't like Roland keyboards. Now that's funny laugh2

rotfl

#350693 - 09/08/12 01:37 PM Re: PSR s-950 a yamaha disappointment? [Re: rolandfan]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: rolandfan
Yamaha what were you thinking? Everybody told you what they wanted in this new keyboard and all you gave us Vocal Harmony 2. Did we not deserve S Art 2 voicing, the new choir voices, Live drum kits like the tyros series, much more drum kits. I want to like it and i know that i havent heard any demos yet but this time it feels different...like they painted it black,improved the speakers, put some audio features and output and thats it. only a 100 new sounds. The psr s900 to s910 featured a much better sound variety upgrade. Will the normal styles sound better than the s910 ? They added only 3 megavoices...again dissappinting. The new s.art voices seem to be in the guitar area only. What do you guys think ? At this stage from everything you know about it are u happy or frustrated or undecided ?

I agree. I am very disappointed.

I play the S910 professionally, and I'm kind of married to the Yamaha platform. I'm going to upgrade because if it costs me $1200 to upgrade two keyboards and I do 1200 shows in the next three years, then it costs me $1 per show to have two new keyboards that for two years are covered under warranty (manufacturer and credit card extended warranty).

I'm disappointed for many of the same reasons:

1) No Live! drums
2) No Real Brush kit
3) No additional DSP blocks
4) No additional buttons
5) Basically, the same OS as the PSR3000 that came out 8 or 9 years ago. Why not create a way for the keyboard to search or suggest that you search for registration paths that are missing?
6) Only 5 new Mega! Voices
7) No SA2 voices
8) No choir SA voices
9) The buttons crammed together more with a bigger chance to hit the wrong button
10) A 64mb expansion slot that is good for one expansion pack at a time, and you have to turn the keyboard off to switch
11) Audio Drums on just 25 styles
12) The probability that the Audio Drum styles are in a closed format that can only be played from the onboard memory or the Expansion slot

Things I like

1) Over 90 additional onboard styles
2) The better speakers
3) The upgraded vocal harmonizer
4) I like that it has new sounds and the audio drums, expansion board but Yamaha apparently did not make a generous overall improvement.

It looks like they raised the price and then severely limited the new features to so that musicians buy the T4 instead.

#350749 - 09/09/12 11:50 AM Re: PSR s-950 a yamaha disappointment? [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
All the new s art sounds are in the guitar area only frown

#350750 - 09/09/12 12:04 PM Re: PSR s-950 a yamaha disappointment? [Re: rolandfan]
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Can someone confirm if you can use S. Art. voices in a custom style, as in the tyros 4?

I think this was one of the new features of the tyros 4.

In the manual (of s950) it says you can use any sounds except organ flutes and some other categories (with no mention of s.art voices not being allowed) in a style

Also, how soon will these keyboards be out? can't wait!!!

Edited by shim (09/09/12 12:05 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online