SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#350640 - 09/07/12 05:36 PM recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION
andreurivero Offline

Where saves Audya one style that's into a SINGLE REGISTRATION?

I have a doubt, if you save one SINGLE REGISTRATION with a style into the REGISTRATION, and after you put this SINGLE REGISTRATION in other Audya, the style isn't in the folders of STYLE, but the style works, OK.

The problem is that I load this SINGLE REGISTRATION, (with a style into) and after I edit the style with the VIEW and after I save the style, and write a new name at the style, when I SAVE the style the light of the DISK HD blink, but I don't find never this style into de AUDYA, (I search the new name of the style but don't find it)

I can't edit the style in the EDIT of the styles 'cause to make this is necessary search the style from the list of the styles, USER STYLES or PRESET STYLES.

Anybody knows how to recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION?

Regards.

Andreu

#350733 - 09/09/12 08:27 AM Re: recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION [Re: andreurivero]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Andreu,

dont really anderstant your question.There is a two diferent things:
-first is:
style is independent file who you can edit and save them with the same or diferent name.Style who just edit is saved in folder when coming from,but in user style section.
For exsample:
if you edit style from Swing folder then be saved in Swing User style folder....

-second:
registration file is mesage with who you can recell your setings when you madet that registration.So you cant edit style thru registration.Registration just remember where is your style location and all ather global setings when you madet that file.

Hope I helping you a little

#350788 - 09/10/12 12:00 AM Re: recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION [Re: Dusan]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Dusan,

Yes you can. I save all my edited styles using registrations. (It calls up the original style with all the added changes)

However, I think it was DonM (I might be wrong) that discovered that the older OS versions saved the style with the registration. He had styles on a USB stick only, that worked afterwards without the USB, when calling up that same registration.

I also wondered where these styles are being saved. Then later on someone else wrote that this no longer happens with the new OS upgrades.

So yes, this is a valid question for which I'd also like an answer for.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#350794 - 09/10/12 03:19 AM Re: recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION [Re: andreurivero]
andreurivero Offline

Hi,
Referent to :
-second:
registration file is mesage with who you can recell your setings when you madet that registration.So you cant edit style thru registration.Registration just remember where is your style location and all ather global setings when you madet that file.

Yes, it's right, but there's something diferent about Audya's SINGLE REGISTRATIONS diferent to the others keyboards like X1 or SD1. In X1, SD1 the SINGLE REGISTRATIONS "just remember where is your style location and all ather global setings when you madet that file", but from the midjay, midjay PLUS and Audya you can put into the SINGLE REGISTRATION the style, it's easy to test, you can make a SINGLE REGISTRATION with a new style that you make and put the SINGLE REGISTRATION in a different Audya, the SINGLE REGISTRATION sound with the style, (if the other Audya contents all the information about this style like LIVE DRUM, LIVE GUITAR, if not *CORRUPTED STYLE*)and of course if the style contents a USER LIVE DRUM you must to copy this files also.
Andreu

#350818 - 09/10/12 09:24 AM Re: recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION [Re: andreurivero]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I did indeed find that the Registration saves the style, so that it is always called up, even if the original style location no longer exists!
DonM

#350841 - 09/10/12 01:55 PM Re: recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION [Re: andreurivero]
leezone Offline

Don

the question is WHERE exactly does it save to?
in case we wanna recover it, re-edit it, etc...

does it somehow become some "invisible" or hidden proprietary format that lives within the registration file?

AJ?

#350866 - 09/10/12 09:51 PM Re: recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION [Re: leezone]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Come to think of it, this is really a FANTASTIC feature of the Audya. If your hard drive is littered with extra styles, then you do not need to keep these in the EXACT location at all times!

I really hope that this feature was not removed in the latter OS upgrades like stated by someone. Yes, I can see that Ketron might have done so in order to protect there new styles.

Would be nice if someone with OS42B can actually test this. I'm still waiting for mine - the postman is so slow over here...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#350885 - 09/11/12 12:15 AM Re: recover the style from the SINGLE REGISTRATION [Re: andreurivero]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
andreurivero has told the true ! and this is a bug.
I try to explain:
in old model (x1, sd1 ecc) the single registration use only "link" mode to style, when you recall single registration it load the style that have memorized, and than apply change like volume or sound, nothing more. then in future if for example you edit intro, the old single registration recall this style than play the new intro (of course using volume and sound you save it )
in audya is different, because tha style is saved into the singleregistration file,
you don't need to have 2 audya for test.
simple create new styles, or modify an original and save into new with your name.. then save single registration using this styles, and if you want change sound or volume but not necessary for this test.
then. delete the style, or move into another folder.
load the single registration and like magic you can play the style you have deleted, simple because singleregistration stored into it and never lost.
the big problem is that if you want to edit this style you can't. you can only change volume or sound (in view mode) but all editing in edit style are lost
and this is a bug.

fantastic will be if when you save single registration you
can decide is save into internal or only link
because often is better to have only link

ketronaj hope you can talk with ketron about this

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online