SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35057 - 04/18/10 05:45 AM Do Not Delete Files From Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All,

There are a number of people who have problems with Audya at the moment, there will be a number of reasons for this, but please do help yourselves by not deleting and files from the Audya. The Hard drive is big enough at the moment and you do not need to make space for anything all the files are there for a purpose, DO NOT DELETE THEM. There is no simple way of comparing what’s on your Audya, to what should be on the Audya, if your are having booting problems and you have been looking around on the hard drive it’s probably you that’s caused the problem this is not a PC, it does not have Windows XP to pick up the pieces if you mess it up. It’s completely dumb!!!
BTW if you are surfing around your Audya make sure your PC is set to “not show the hidden files”. Stay away from these files and also if you do have turn on “to show hidden files” you might just delete some off your PC as well. Audya also stores deleted files away, at the moment I am not certain why they do this but don’t go deleting them they are only small files, do not try to compare the size of the Audya HD with your PC, you are not storing Photos on the Audya.
If you want to delete files that you have created like registrations, do it from the Audya screen, don’t connect the Audya to the PC it’s not required.
Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-18-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35058 - 04/18/10 06:12 AM Re: Do Not Delete Files From Audya
Sandi Offline

Ok Tony.
But maybe you can explain this:
If you do or modify a style and save it in user styles and found another better you delete this.From Audya screen.Everything fine.But when you connect the Audya to Pc the recycle bin is full of files that you have already deleted on Audya.(This style per example.)If you disconnect the Audya the recycle bin is normal again.
So you mean to leave this alone or?

#35059 - 04/18/10 06:41 AM Re: Do Not Delete Files From Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandi:
Ok Tony.
But maybe you can explain this:
If you do or modify a style and save it in user styles and found another better you delete this.From Audya screen.Everything fine.But when you connect the Audya to Pc the recycle bin is full of files that you have already deleted on Audya.(This style per example.)If you disconnect the Audya the recycle bin is normal again.
So you mean to leave this alone or?

Sandi,

Until we all find out a little bit more about Audya don't go looking for problems that are not there, leave the hard drive alone, Sandi if you got updates from Ketron on a stick and you did not have a PC would the World come to an end, no and perhaps the Audya would still work. I am not having a go at you for looking at the files, but just look and don't mess, leave the bin alone, when it gets full you will need a new HD. If you want to perform the ROM test send me you email address, and I will send you the powerpoint of own to perform the tests.

Tony

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35060 - 04/18/10 07:39 AM Re: Do Not Delete Files From Audya
Sandi Offline

Thanks a lot Tony.I understand what you mean.My e-mail is sbancic@inet.hr

#35061 - 04/18/10 08:11 AM Re: Do Not Delete Files From Audya
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Sandi,

Until we all find out a little bit more about Audya don't go looking for problems that are not there, leave the hard drive alone, Sandi if you got updates from Ketron on a stick and you did not have a PC would the World come to an end, no and perhaps the Audya would still work. I am not having a go at you for looking at the files, but just look and don't mess, leave the bin alone, when it gets full you will need a new HD. If you want to perform the ROM test send me you email address, and I will send you the powerpoint of own to perform the tests.

Tony

Hi Tom can you send me a copy please..thanks
necdet.doni@isbank.net.tr

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online