Topic Options
#350141 - 09/01/12 02:33 PM Karma Motif
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

#350142 - 09/01/12 03:08 PM Re: Karma Motif [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That is pretty awesome, Nigel...thanks for posting this great demo.

Stephen Kay is brilliant.

Will this be compatible with the Motif you are presently using?

It will be really cool to see it available for the MOX series as well....who knows, maybe it'll even end up on a Tyros someday?

Ian

#350162 - 09/02/12 02:56 AM Re: Karma Motif [Re: Nigel]
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
I heard this was coming but was told it was only going to be for XF. Glad it's for the XS also since I have a XS7. Now to check out the interface to see if it's screen reader friendly.

#350164 - 09/02/12 03:08 AM Re: Karma Motif [Re: Nigel]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Not sure what you mean by 'screen reader friendly', but from Stephen Kay: "the Motif's Remote Mode now displays a real-time information stream from the KARMA software directly in the Motif's screen, showing parameters and settings in a way that makes it seem as if the KARMA software is actually inside the Motif."

Seems to me, even though it's a computer program, it feels like an internal keyboard program.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#350170 - 09/02/12 04:31 AM Re: Karma Motif [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What we need now is a generic Karma. Make your own voice tables from whatever synths and arrangers you have, put in the CC codes for whatever it is doing to the voice (filter parameters, envelope parameters, LFO's etc) and the effects (types, depths, modulations, tempo syncs, etc.) and then run it from Nano or Controller keyboard knobs and sliders.

Then we can run this into whatever we want to. Heck, if it's already Mac, it can't be hard to port to iPad. Touch screen for sliders, switches, you name it.

I am surprised that Kay hasn't already tried to do something like this for all the arranger players out there. If there is anyone that gets this, it's us!

#350183 - 09/02/12 11:32 AM Re: Karma Motif [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm curious as to how comprehensive is the chord recognition...will it play bass inversion chords(slash chords) and is there a limitation on chord complexity?

Maybe someone using a Kronos will know?

Ian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online