SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349813 - 08/28/12 11:13 AM A non professional opinion of Audya vs Tyros4
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
Today I played some videos of both the Tyros4 and Audya for my wife who knows nothing about what sounds best in the field. I've never told her I was looking for an Audya for any reason but it's usability by someone in my capasity.

I know YouTube videos is not the greatest venue to demo the sounds of each board but I picked the ones I know were recorded directly from the units rather than miced through a sound system.

My wife felt the Audya had the more realistic tone and sounding instruments over the Tyros4. She felt exactly what I felt all the time I had a T3 that the sound was thin on the Tyros4 compared to that of the Audya.

In turn she immediately said I should get one. I told her the price of a new one and she grunted so I need to find a used one in the US to make her happy musically and financially.

If anyone is aware of a reasonably priced used Audya4 or original Audya, let me know.

Thanks,
Vince

#349814 - 08/28/12 11:45 AM Re: A non professional opinion of Audya vs Tyros4 [Re: vin5451]
leezone Offline

Vince

if you think that the Audya sounds better than Tyros 4 via listening to demos online

then you MUST hook them both up through a full range sound system with subs, tops, etc,

it will blow you away my friend smile

i own an Audya 4, was thinking of buying the Audya 5 as well, and maybe keeping the A4 as backup,
so if anyone has an A5 for sale, let me know

what's better than an Audya? 2 Audyas wink

#349840 - 08/28/12 09:17 PM Re: A non professional opinion of Audya vs Tyros4 [Re: leezone]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Had mine now for four weeks only. Another arranger will never do it for me again. There is just *** NO *** comparison at all!!! Every day mine blows me away more and I never cease to be amazed. I do not have enough good words to describe my Audya.

I went & bought a fancy dual stand to be able to use my Korg also. That was purely a waste of good money. I think the Korg will go soon. The Yamaha has gone allready. I'd rather focus all my attention on the Audya and make her the absolute best she could be! I need to no longer need to know the ins & out of any other arranger - PERIOD! I need to know EVERYTHING there is to be known about my Audya.

And she is going to take our performances to a complete new level of professionalism. Also - PERIOD!!!

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! Nothing else describes the Audya better: AWESOME!!!

Henni

#349842 - 08/28/12 11:58 PM Re: A non professional opinion of Audya vs Tyros4 [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Oh yes,

One more thing. The thing that impressed me most on the T4 was the new choir voices. I was going to miss those sorely on the Audya.

Well, thanks to the brilliancy of AJ at AJAMSONIC, SAME CAN NOW BE HAD for the Audya & they are AWESOME indeed!!! Go listen to his demos, especially those of the two new Gospel styles.

a AJAMSONIC is a MUST have upgrade for my Audya. I can no longer be without it. And I'll have mine soon!!!

I'll say this - the following combination CANNOT be surpassed in ANY way by any other currently available arranger product - PERIOD!!!:

1. An Audya arranger.
2. All the available Ketron upgrades and new styles.
3. Every single extra style available over at Create Songstyles forum.
4. AJ's new AJAMSONIC hard drive & ram upgrade.

I had more than 100 000 styles for my Yamaha. What the Audya lacked, was good quality extra styles. Well, NO MORE!!! I have found them all and the quality of most are beyond description. Some of those converted Yamaha styles are way better than on Yamaha itself. If you do not believe me, go listen i.e. to the converted Yamaha PSR 740 styles...

My single Audya is * * * E V E R Y T H I N G * * * that I need. I'll no longer allow my focus to be divided by trying to get the best out of multiple brands. It is a waste of time only. I'll not spend more money on other brands, instead I'll rather invest it in upgrading my Audya.

And within a few days only I'll start posting some recordings putting my money where my mouth is. I've nearly spent every night over the last four weeks with the Audya on my lap. I've had very little sleep since she came into my life.

I can only imagine what will happen once my Ketron and AJAMSONIC upgrades arrive...

Keep well al my friends,
Henni

#349844 - 08/29/12 12:37 AM Re: A non professional opinion of Audya vs Tyros4 [Re: vin5451]
Henni Offline

Yes, it's me again.

I left out one vital component on my unsurpassed "combination" list:

5. AJ's 3 hour Audya video tutorial which I'll have soon.

What's the use of such a technical, complicated & highly able piece of machinery if I do not know how to fully & properly "drive" it? I need to know about every single feature available to me & how to properly use it.

I'll be able to report back on it soon!

One last thing:

Having both my Audya and Korg PA50SD on one stand, made me realize the quality of the Audya compared to other brands (I cannot as yet speak for their bigger brothers). The build of the Audya is in a class of it's own. Just look at the size & quality of the keybed for starters. And how many requests I've read to date for a 76 note arranger - well the Audya complies fully! Request no more! Ketron LISTENED when others did not. Wake up to this!

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online