SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#349732 - 08/27/12 12:28 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I didn't think I was veering off course with my initial post, talking mainly about the marina bands - none of which used I-Pods and the like. Also, kinda' stayed on course with the trip, talking about hauling my gear aboard my boat and performing in the Tiki Bars - again, with no I-Pod or anything resembling one. Well, maybe a strayed a bit, but not a lot. The boat, well, as the late Paul Harvey always said "And now, here's the rest of the story." Paul Harvey was one of my many heroes.

Thanks for the complements, Chas,

Gary cool

And that was a great photo of the fish you caught that you posted. Have you heard the song I recorded back in the 80s with a band called "The Flatheads" called "Hook Line & Sinker" ?

#349749 - 08/27/12 06:54 AM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
LOVE IT! smile smile smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#349768 - 08/27/12 03:02 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
GREAT !!! ... some nice 'fishing lures' in that vid as well as some nice 'catches' and crews ... rotf2

#349769 - 08/27/12 03:03 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

chas and nigel ... thank you ... sometimes we just get too 'full of ourselves' ... but that too is 'life' ... smile

#349771 - 08/27/12 03:17 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Tony, my man. Always the voice of reason, moderation, and COMMON SENSE (I think we could find a spot for you in the Obama administration.......just kidding, I know there are no Democrats in Rhode Island smile smile ).
chas

chas, my friend, you don't know lil rhody at all ... the General Assembly and State administration is FILLED with Democrats ... 102 out of 113 members!!!
And I am NOT saying that is the reason, but we are probably in the top 5 states in being in the worst shape ...

#349784 - 08/27/12 04:41 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
It's probably those 11 Republicans smile smile smile .

BTW, how did you let yourself get suckered into that grandkids/Disney thing? Happened to me last year and right after it I immediately cut them out of the will. I'm STILL recovering smile .

chas

#349786 - 08/27/12 05:58 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
It's probably those 11 Republicans smile smile smile .

BTW, how did you let yourself get suckered into that grandkids/Disney thing? Happened to me last year and right after it I immediately cut them out of the will. I'm STILL recovering smile .

chas

C'mon chas ... don't be a grouchy old man ... Disney is GREAT !!! rocker ... admittedly, it was a very tiring trip as my son and HIS son are anal about getting to the parks early and staying late, but man, to see the looks on the grandkids faces, and to hear them say thank you about a thousand times was worth the pain and expense ...
Unfortunately, both our kids are separated from their spouses - although sometimes that's not a bad thing - so we had our son and his two kids and our daughter and her two kids with us ... they live about 2 1/2 hours away from each other and don't get to spend a lot of time together ... seeing them interact was great ... the oldest is 14 and the youngest is 12 so they mix well together ... and while I'm no longer into the CRAZY roller coasters and such, I still love all the water rides and simulated stuff ... and "SOARIN'" is STILL one of the best 'rides' there ...

For those who haven't been, this will give you an idea of what it is like, but sitting in the suspended 'car' you actually feel like you are in a glider ... I've been on the ride many times and I STILL lifted my legs when it looked like I was going to kick one of the boaters at about :43 into the vid ...

and the 'Castle' in the Harry Potter village at Universal Studios will blow you away ...
http://www.rolemommy.com/DSC04869.JPG

woot

#349826 - 08/28/12 05:51 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

C'mon chas ... don't be a grouchy old man ... Disney is GREAT !!! I been on the ride many times and I STILL lifted my legs when it looked like I was going to kick one of the boaters at about :43 into the vid ...

fwoot

Tony Ditto at 60 years old my wife and I still enjoy Disney. Yup I lift my legs too thinking I'm going to kick one of the boaters. Great ride!! We were in Orlando 2 weekends ago got another week long trip planned for October. We are frequent visitors to the area because my inlaws and uncle live within an hour's drive.

#349827 - 08/28/12 06:50 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Tony Ditto at 60 years old my wife and I still enjoy Disney.

And I've got you by 11 + years ... grin

chas is just an old man ... sleep
rocker laugh2

#349837 - 08/28/12 08:12 PM Re: your very own "scratchpad".... [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Disney I can take.....it's those durn grandkids.

smile

chas

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online