your very own "scratchpad"....

Posted by: Mark79100

your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/21/12 07:53 PM

...for those who insist on hijacking the posts of others. Please use this scratchpad to talk about any of the following:

Suggestions for topics:

your mother-in-law
your motorcycle
your travel adventures
your boat
your upcoming retirement
your vacation that you are going to take
your vacation that you just took
your keyboard and how much better it is than someone else's
Donny-type comments (good remarks, but nothing to do with the topic)
let's tear Mark up for having the nerve to post this!!!
and.....
any other thoughts that otherwise might lead to hijacking someone else's thread .

I don't post to socialize, I'm sure you've noticed. I post to hear what other musical peoples have to say about issues I think about.

I have a dream myself. To post a topic and have it stay on course for 38 replies like Diki's topic: Divisi parts.

Mark
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/22/12 02:30 AM

Mark

That is a most gentile and humorous rebuke
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/22/12 05:16 AM

Now that's a sense of humor... and a great way to make your point about thread-jackin'... LOL.

Thanks, Mark... for reminding us how self-centered we sometimes seem. Our "rudeness" was not aimed at you... simply that so many folks here have practically taken up residency and they are just like family.

Be patient with us, my new friend. I'll bet we pay better attention in the future... chuckle, snort.

Welcome to the Zone... you're gonna love it here.

Dave Rice
Posted by: sparky589

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/22/12 06:46 AM

It seems "The Bar" is underutilized in this respect, with all due respect to all.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/23/12 09:19 AM

So I won't unintentionally offed Mark, I'm done posting until September.

How's THAT?

Russ
Posted by: Dnj

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/23/12 09:34 AM

Common boys play nice......its been peaceful here lately...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/26/12 09:55 AM

I have said many times that this board is a microcosm of life ... how many times have you been in a conversation and without being intentionally 'rude' you veer off topic about 5 degrees, and the next person veers off another 5 - 10 degrees and so on until the topic is 180 degrees off ... sometimes the topic will actually go the full 360 ...
it's not about being rude, it's about people being people ... while it's nice when a thread stays on topic, must we be personally offended when it doesn't?
chill, cats ... cool rocker
Posted by: cgiles

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/26/12 02:44 PM

Tony, my man. Always the voice of reason, moderation, and COMMON SENSE (I think we could find a spot for you in the Obama administration.......just kidding, I know there are no Democrats in Rhode Island smile smile ). As someone who has helped hundreds of people, on this board and others, over a number of years, if Gary wants to share his joy about his upcoming adventure, I say LET HIM, and as far as I'm concerned, he can pick any post he wants to do it in. I think by now he's earned it. Of course you might not know that unless you've been around awhile. JMO, of course.

chas
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/26/12 04:53 PM

I didn't think I was veering off course with my initial post, talking mainly about the marina bands - none of which used I-Pods and the like. Also, kinda' stayed on course with the trip, talking about hauling my gear aboard my boat and performing in the Tiki Bars - again, with no I-Pod or anything resembling one. Well, maybe a strayed a bit, but not a lot. The boat, well, as the late Paul Harvey always said "And now, here's the rest of the story." Paul Harvey was one of my many heroes.

Thanks for the complements, Chas,

Gary cool
Posted by: Nigel

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 12:22 AM

I gotta agree with Tony. Sure if a thread does veer off topic it is relatively simple for someone to get it back on track again. Even though it may be a little frustrating for the topic starter please try not to take offence because that is not the intention. We are all just friends conversing and occasionally discussion can veer off topic.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I didn't think I was veering off course with my initial post, talking mainly about the marina bands - none of which used I-Pods and the like. Also, kinda' stayed on course with the trip, talking about hauling my gear aboard my boat and performing in the Tiki Bars - again, with no I-Pod or anything resembling one. Well, maybe a strayed a bit, but not a lot. The boat, well, as the late Paul Harvey always said "And now, here's the rest of the story." Paul Harvey was one of my many heroes.

Thanks for the complements, Chas,

Gary cool

And that was a great photo of the fish you caught that you posted. Have you heard the song I recorded back in the 80s with a band called "The Flatheads" called "Hook Line & Sinker" ?

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 06:54 AM

LOVE IT! smile smile smile

Gary cool

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 03:02 PM

GREAT !!! ... some nice 'fishing lures' in that vid as well as some nice 'catches' and crews ... rotf2

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 03:03 PM

chas and nigel ... thank you ... sometimes we just get too 'full of ourselves' ... but that too is 'life' ... smile

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Tony, my man. Always the voice of reason, moderation, and COMMON SENSE (I think we could find a spot for you in the Obama administration.......just kidding, I know there are no Democrats in Rhode Island smile smile ).
chas

chas, my friend, you don't know lil rhody at all ... the General Assembly and State administration is FILLED with Democrats ... 102 out of 113 members!!!
And I am NOT saying that is the reason, but we are probably in the top 5 states in being in the worst shape ...

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 04:41 PM

It's probably those 11 Republicans smile smile smile .

BTW, how did you let yourself get suckered into that grandkids/Disney thing? Happened to me last year and right after it I immediately cut them out of the will. I'm STILL recovering smile .

chas

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/27/12 05:58 PM

It's probably those 11 Republicans smile smile smile .

BTW, how did you let yourself get suckered into that grandkids/Disney thing? Happened to me last year and right after it I immediately cut them out of the will. I'm STILL recovering smile .

chas

C'mon chas ... don't be a grouchy old man ... Disney is GREAT !!! rocker ... admittedly, it was a very tiring trip as my son and HIS son are anal about getting to the parks early and staying late, but man, to see the looks on the grandkids faces, and to hear them say thank you about a thousand times was worth the pain and expense ...
Unfortunately, both our kids are separated from their spouses - although sometimes that's not a bad thing - so we had our son and his two kids and our daughter and her two kids with us ... they live about 2 1/2 hours away from each other and don't get to spend a lot of time together ... seeing them interact was great ... the oldest is 14 and the youngest is 12 so they mix well together ... and while I'm no longer into the CRAZY roller coasters and such, I still love all the water rides and simulated stuff ... and "SOARIN'" is STILL one of the best 'rides' there ...

For those who haven't been, this will give you an idea of what it is like, but sitting in the suspended 'car' you actually feel like you are in a glider ... I've been on the ride many times and I STILL lifted my legs when it looked like I was going to kick one of the boaters at about :43 into the vid ...

and the 'Castle' in the Harry Potter village at Universal Studios will blow you away ...
http://www.rolemommy.com/DSC04869.JPG

woot
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/28/12 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

C'mon chas ... don't be a grouchy old man ... Disney is GREAT !!! I been on the ride many times and I STILL lifted my legs when it looked like I was going to kick one of the boaters at about :43 into the vid ...

fwoot

Tony Ditto at 60 years old my wife and I still enjoy Disney. Yup I lift my legs too thinking I'm going to kick one of the boaters. Great ride!! We were in Orlando 2 weekends ago got another week long trip planned for October. We are frequent visitors to the area because my inlaws and uncle live within an hour's drive.

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/28/12 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Tony Ditto at 60 years old my wife and I still enjoy Disney.

And I've got you by 11 + years ... grin

chas is just an old man ... sleep
rocker laugh2

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/28/12 08:12 PM

Disney I can take.....it's those durn grandkids.

smile

chas

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/29/12 11:17 AM

Disney I can take.....it's those durn grandkids.

smile

chas

Disney is good ... grandkids are the BEST !!! party

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/29/12 12:36 PM

Tony, check the Greyhound terminal. Mine are on the way to YOUR house. Enjoy.

smile

chas

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/29/12 04:33 PM

Grandkids are fun, especially when they're out sailing with pop-pop! smile smile smile

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: Diki

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/29/12 04:34 PM

I'm down with OPK...

Other Peoples' Kids!

Nice to hand them back when you are done..!

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/29/12 05:34 PM

Tony, check the Greyhound terminal. Mine are on the way to YOUR house. Enjoy.

smile

chas

"YOU AINT SCARIN' ME" chas ...

Send them up ... the more the merrier ... grin
party party
Posted by: bruno123

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/29/12 05:59 PM

Tony,
I really enjoyed how you handle you responses; they come with class (respect) and a good heart.
I love Disney; we get there at least four times a year.

As far as grandchildren I have 14 of them --- that makes me a very wealthy man.
John C.

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/29/12 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Tony,
I really enjoyed how you handle you responses; they come with class (respect) and a good heart.
I love Disney; we get there at least four times a year.

As far as grandchildren I have 14 of them --- that makes me a very wealthy man.
John C.

John ... thank you ... I am humbled ... my father was my most influential example ... even though I lost him when I was 37 years old - he was just 65 - he had done his work with me ... by example he taught me that here's no sense in being mean spirited at any age ... and at 71+ years, I ain't starting now ...

We are not quite as wealthy as you - we only have 4 - but yes, we are rich ... well after last week at Disney, not quite as rich monetarily ... rotfl ... but we told the kids they are getting the inheritance while I can still hear them say "thank you" grin

I'll bet going to Disney 4 times a year lets you do it at a much more leisurely pace ... taz

Thanks again for the kind words, John
God Bless

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/30/12 09:50 AM

Send them up ... the more the merrier ... grin

Only if you promise not to give them accordion lessons.

smile

chas

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/30/12 02:16 PM

chas ... rotfl ... seems like the grandkids are more interested in piano than accordion ... but I ain't complaining ... grin
Posted by: Diki

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/31/12 04:03 AM

Take them to a fais-do-do or zydeco gig and watch their attitudes about the accordion change..!

That is some seriously fun stuff to play on an accordion.

Re: your very own "scratchpad".... - 08/31/12 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Diki
Take them to a fais-do-do or zydeco gig and watch their attitudes about the accordion change..!

That is some seriously fun stuff to play on an accordion.

LOVE it ... dance