SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#34927 - 04/02/10 05:48 AM New Member: Audya Questions
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Greetings to everyone from SW Florida. I have two questions maybe someone can help me with. I have what appears to be a Sound Card problem with my Audya. The left channel audio out sometimes doesn't work or the volume is very low on both channels or the audio crackles. A re-boot ( sometimes several )will correct the problem or a light bump on the keyboard sometimes will correct it. I play professionally and its becoming a frustrating issue. Has anyone here had the same kind of problems? Frank at Audioworks has ordered me a new sound board, which I will try to install myself. Also, any suggestions about the use of a sustain pedal? The keyboard sustains with the pedal plugged in and stops sustaining when the pedal is depressed.( Backwards! ) I thought there might be a setting for this, however I can't find it. I have several sustain pedals, one with a polarity switch, however all of them are backwards. Thanks for your input on these problems. I own and play both an Audya and a Tyros 3 and I must say, the Audya is my preferred choice! That Keyboard is nothing less than " AWESOME "! I can't wait until the OS4 is available! Thanks for your help!

#34928 - 04/02/10 08:07 AM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Hi.

With regards to the sustain pedal, I myself had the very same problem. There is currently (OS3) no option to change this in the software. What I had to do was to reverse the lines in the actual pedal but if you do have a polarity switch on your pedal this really shouldn’t be a problem - and should work.

Maybe buying a Ketron branded sustain pedal would be the best solution.
Brgds

[This message has been edited by Morten Jonassen (edited 04-02-2010).]

#34929 - 04/02/10 11:05 AM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
skude Offline

NiteLife
I had to change the soundboard in my Audya, both left/right outputs dropped out from time to time, aswell as vocalizer and count in(?) issues. Changing the soundboard itself is not much work. But be sure to get instructions how to reload some system files to sync the soundboard to cpu. It has to be done in a certain order depending on the soundboards serial number. (Info from AJ). One file 15min, other 1.1/2 hour. I have info on how to do mine, but the best would be to get it from Frank or AJ to be sure. if you need my help let me know. Good luck
skude

#34930 - 04/02/10 01:52 PM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Greetings to everyone from SW Florida. I have two questions maybe someone can help me with. I have what appears to be a Sound Card problem with my Audya. The left channel audio out sometimes doesn't work or the volume is very low on both channels or the audio crackles. A re-boot ( sometimes several )will correct the problem or a light bump on the keyboard sometimes will correct it. I play professionally and its becoming a frustrating issue. Has anyone here had the same kind of problems? Frank at Audioworks has ordered me a new sound board, which I will try to install myself. Also, any suggestions about the use of a sustain pedal? The keyboard sustains with the pedal plugged in and stops sustaining when the pedal is depressed.( Backwards! ) I thought there might be a setting for this, however I can't find it. I have several sustain pedals, one with a polarity switch, however all of them are backwards. Thanks for your input on these problems. I own and play both an Audya and a Tyros 3 and I must say, the Audya is my preferred choice! That Keyboard is nothing less than " AWESOME "! I can't wait until the OS4 is available! Thanks for your help!

I would take it back if you have only just got it, it should be trouble free at this stage most of the problems in hardware and software are about sorted, how long have you had the KB.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34931 - 04/02/10 09:44 PM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
NiteLife Offline

Thanks you guys for your input. I bought my Audya from Frank in June 2009. The audio out problems didn't start until a few months later. Its weird because sometimes if I tap on the body sometimes the channels will kick back in, which made me think maybe its a lose connection or a bad solder joint. However, that only works once in a while. I normally have to reboot the keyboard once or several times. I'm playing six nights a week so I really didn't want to ship it back to Frank for repairs and be without it for who knows how long. Frank referred my problem to Ketron and I guess they will ship me a knew sound board. Again who knows how long that might take. Last week I only had the problem once, and so far this week only once. Of course it happens when the dance floor is packed! Other than my sound problems, I really think the Audya is an AWESOME machine. If it gets worse , I could always get out my old Roland E-20! Yes, I have one and it still plays. You guys remember that arranger? I bought it in 1988.

Anyways, its nice to be a part of this forum. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and getting to know you all.
Thanks!
Jim

#34932 - 04/02/10 11:03 PM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Thanks you guys for your input. I bought my Audya from Frank in June 2009. The audio out problems didn't start until a few months later. Its weird because sometimes if I tap on the body sometimes the channels will kick back in, which made me think maybe its a lose connection or a bad solder joint. However, that only works once in a while. I normally have to reboot the keyboard once or several times. I'm playing six nights a week so I really didn't want to ship it back to Frank for repairs and be without it for who knows how long. Frank referred my problem to Ketron and I guess they will ship me a knew sound board. Again who knows how long that might take. Last week I only had the problem once, and so far this week only once. Of course it happens when the dance floor is packed! Other than my sound problems, I really think the Audya is an AWESOME machine. If it gets worse , I could always get out my old Roland E-20! Yes, I have one and it still plays. You guys remember that arranger? I bought it in 1988.

Anyways, its nice to be a part of this forum. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and getting to know you all.
Thanks!
Jim

Jim.

If you want to take the top off and see if all the connections are OK I will email lots of photos of the Audya with the top off and it shows you all the screws you need to take out it will save you some time. There are two metal support in the centre of the KB and the screws for these are in the middle underneath the KB, if you dont take these out you will damage the KB trying to pull the top off, you are best doing the all on the floor and you must support the top when its off, it must not fall over backwards away from the KB or you will rip the cables out of there sockets they are very short, no spare length.

Tony

PS Jim I will do you a PowerPoint presenstaion for it.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-02-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34933 - 04/03/10 12:45 AM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
Tony Hughes Offline

Jim.

The power point is ready

Tony

#34934 - 04/03/10 01:56 AM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
Tonewheeldude Offline

don't forget to use a bendy screwdriver for the front screws otherwise you might damage the keys.

#34935 - 04/03/10 03:29 AM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
don't forget to use a bendy screwdriver for the front screws otherwise you might damage the keys.

TWD,

it's on the ppt

Regards

Tony

#34936 - 04/03/10 05:29 AM Re: New Member: Audya Questions
NiteLife Offline

Tony, Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! My email address is: JRand21181@AOL.COM I was a little nervous about opening up the keyboard,even though I've been inside several over the years. The Power Point will be a BIG help!!!!!! Thank YOU!!!!!! For Tonewheeldude: My first organ was a L-100, Wow, I hate to admit how many years ago that was! Thanks guys for your help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online