SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#34906 - 03/31/10 11:39 AM Replace Audya hard drive
Cristi Audya Offline

Loc: Romania
by mistake i have erased my hdd, i sent it to Ketron Ancona and they put on the resources. After this i made a copy off all the files on the hard drive - including the system ones as they came from ketron. I wanted to test them to see if it works with other hdd in case of a fault, i uploaded the files in audya, everithing works fine but i can not make an update on this hdd. When i connect the USB, i run the update, it installs, at restart i hold the F10 key and unplugged but it doesn`t make any thing....it says on the display that message and it holds like that....i have tried in many ways, clone hdd, copy partition but nothing....the new hdd`s size is 100gb but formatting it, the audia creates a partition of 74gb. All i can say is that on the original hdd the update installs without probl.What could it be? the hdd must pe cloned in other way....i made a copy with total commander with the hiden files obtion.....what are we doing in case of a fault of the hard drive?

#34907 - 03/31/10 11:47 AM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristi Audya:
by mistake i have erased my hdd, i sent it to Ketron Ancona and they put on the resources. After this i made a copy off all the files on the hard drive - including the system ones as they came from ketron. I wanted to test them to see if it works with other hdd in case of a fault, i uploaded the files in audya, everithing works fine but i can not make an update on this hdd. When i connect the USB, i run the update, it installs, at restart i hold the F10 key and unplugged but it doesn`t make any thing....it says on the display that message and it holds like that....i have tried in many ways, clone hdd, copy partition but nothing....the new hdd`s size is 100gb but formatting it, the audia creates a partition of 74gb. All i can say is that on the original hdd the update installs without probl.What could it be? the hdd must pe cloned in other way....i made a copy with total commander with the hiden files obtion.....what are we doing in case of a fault of the hard drive?

Cristi,

I think Darren Ketron UK as told you how to do this, I have just got a set of backup disk today and over the weekend I am going to buy a new HDD, I am going to format the HDD inside the Audya (NOT ON MY PC) I am then going to put on the 3 backup disks which give you Audya 2.0C, it should then run, I will then put on OS3.0C and that should run. If I am totally successful I will send you a step by step and you must do it this way and no other, OK. I am like you, I would like a backup disk. There should not be a problem with this

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34908 - 03/31/10 01:35 PM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
If I were to venture a guess, I'd say the Audya only supports 80 gb HDD and not a hundred. Probably also the reason why it is being partitioned in such a manner (74 gb). If this is in fact the case I'm convinced the Open Architecture OS can be modified to support this in the future. But who knows? AJ perhaps

[This message has been edited by Morten Jonassen (edited 03-31-2010).]

#34909 - 03/31/10 10:57 PM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Morten Jonassen:
If I were to venture a guess, I'd say the Audya only supports 80 gb HDD and not a hundred. Probably also the reason why it is being partitioned in such a manner (74 gb). If this is in fact the case I'm convinced the Open Architecture OS can be modified to support this in the future. But who knows? AJ perhaps

[This message has been edited by Morten Jonassen (edited 03-31-2010).]

Morten

No you are not right, you can use a HDD greater than 80 you must format it IN THE AUDYA, not on your PC, I have this in writing from the factory, I a going to make up a new this weekend and I will be using what I can get it may be bigger than 80, you know 80 won't be around forever, it's a very small drive these days.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34910 - 04/01/10 04:30 AM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
leezone Offline

I'd like to know if Audya can handle a 1tb drive. And make all 900+ GB useable

Thanks to anyone who may try or answer

#34911 - 04/01/10 09:45 AM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Morten

No you are not right, you can use a HDD greater than 80 you must format it IN THE AUDYA, not on your PC, I have this in writing from the factory, I a going to make up a new this weekend and I will be using what I can get it may be bigger than 80, you know 80 won't be around forever, it's a very small drive these days.

All right, I stand corrected – however nice that this is possible. For me the 80 gb is more than enough though. But I agree this is not a whole lot if you plan to use a large array of wave files.

#34912 - 04/01/10 09:51 AM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
leezone Offline

Morten,

thanks for being open minded and realizing that YOU may not need 80GB,
but OTHERS may need 10x that amount

we'll wait and see about the upgrading possibilities,

best

#34913 - 04/02/10 02:56 AM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Morten Jonassen:
All right, I stand corrected – however nice that this is possible. For me the 80 gb is more than enough though. But I agree this is not a whole lot if you plan to use a large array of wave files.

Me too Morten 80GB is enough.

Tony

#34914 - 04/02/10 12:59 PM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
Cristi Audya Offline

Loc: Romania
i solved the problem with the hdd replace, is not working biger then 80gb even if when is formated is creating a 74 gb partition, so you can do OS update, on the bigest one (80gb) you can not do updates but it worked fine, probably it remains a part of the HDD unpartitioned, being biger then 80gb, it was an identical HDD toshiba

#34915 - 04/02/10 01:31 PM Re: Replace Audya hard drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristi Audya:
i solved the problem with the hdd replace, is not working biger then 80gb even if when is formated is creating a 74 gb partition, so you can do OS update, on the bigest one (80gb) you can not do updates but it worked fine, probably it remains a part of the HDD unpartitioned, being biger then 80gb, it was an identical HDD toshiba

Cristi,

this is the email reply I got from the factory.

Ciao Tony
You can use hard disk over 80 giga ..but when i twill be formatted ( on Audya ..not from PC ) the size available will be 80 giga …always ( Thus at this moment ..may on the next OS will be changed J
Ciao
Marcello

Looks like it may go bigger on OS5.Oh hell did I just say 5!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-02-2010).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online