SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#347411 - 07/21/12 06:08 AM Re: Up grade [Re: vamechanic100]
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
fixed now your mainboard issue with my help?
( I still not get a reply....)

#347912 - 07/27/12 04:59 PM Re: Up grade [Re: vamechanic100]
vamechanic100 Offline

Hi All
I have finaly got the Mediastation software on the hardrive.
Thanks to Domeneco,s help.
The X76 starts up and i get sound from the output but only from the mp3,s and wave in the player.
If i load a midi in or press the keys there is no sound from the output. In hardware there
is a fault? mark against the PCI. On the soundboard it shows midi activity on the Diode lights but in styles page no activity
when press keys. It shows the keys i press but no activity.
Yours Brian

#348525 - 08/06/12 12:06 PM Re: Up grade [Re: vamechanic100]
vamechanic100 Offline

Hi Again
I have some good news about the upgrade. The O/S is on the
mediastation. The 5.1 0/s is on and all the lights are on.
The only thing now is the midi settings are not as they should be.
I loaded the B4 organ the sounds are there and it works from the keyboard.
As soon as i touch the player the notes stop and the organ sounds stop.?
The mediastation keys dont show in midi seems as though it is working as if it is a XR module (no keyboard) so there is then no sounds again.
I think from this that the card i thought had a fault is O/K and it could just be some settings that are wrong?
It would good if someone could help with this. I am so near getting the thing working. I have done everything Domenico has told me to do.
The Italy store is closed for the month of August.
Please can anyone help.
Yours Brian

#348772 - 08/09/12 02:36 PM Re: Up grade [Re: vamechanic100]
vamechanic100 Offline

Hi Again
I have now got the Mediastation working. The keyboard is o/k.
The sounds are all working from the keyboard and the software
Synth Giga sounds are all there. I dont know how or why it started but i now have a working keyboard. It took some time
but i have got there eventually with help.
Thanks for the help from this site.
Yours, Computers are great.
Brian

#348801 - 08/10/12 01:54 AM Re: Up grade [Re: vamechanic100]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Brian

Glad everything is now working; however it seems to be a bit of a Pig if you do have to install everything afresh.

I think Dominic needs to have to have a look at that, as although it is rare that you would ever need to do a total clean install, it should be much easier than that.

It might be worthwhile for Dominic to have a look how Wersi does it, as you can install the OS, Drivers and keyboard OS in no more than 15 – 20 min. (Although as with the Mediastation it is very rare you would ever need to go to that extreme)

Bill

#348819 - 08/10/12 06:24 AM Re: Up grade [Re: vamechanic100]
vamechanic100 Offline

Hi Bill.
I tried the way Domenico said useing the usb install and it would never find the hardrive. I have a Wersi Verona and i know about installing the OAS on it and updateing.
The Lionstracs used the linux system and i found that if i used the usb to install i had the problem. I made a DVD Disk install from the ISO and it installed first time finding the hardrive no problem. The only problem was that the midi was not quite right?
Loading from usb locked the lionstracs everytime and the only way to continue was to hard reset, and that lead to the USB and the My Backup drive to loose the front of the load system.
The Drives were no longer recodnised on any system. So i lost the backup and the files totaly from them. I had to use a program, iso buster to get some of them back.
Yours (computers are great) Brian

#348938 - 08/11/12 07:55 AM Re: Up grade [Re: vamechanic100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Looks far to complex for me, hells it's 2012
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online