SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#348710 - 08/08/12 12:27 PM Korg MicroArranger for Sale
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Korg Micro Arranger in new condition. The keyboard is filled with well over 90 songs set-ups with song titles ready to play. (Good for nursing homes)

I made a case which doubles as carrying case and Laptop holder. The case can be placed on top of a table or an “X” stand with the keyboard in it. There is a slot in the back to slide a laptop computer in the rear. 85% of the computer is inside the case so it is stable.

I use a wireless mouse to select songs with the same number setup in the keyboard. I also have a $40 soft carrying case I never used; it was bought from Amazon.
Asking $395

John C.

Attachments
KMA Mail 1.jpg

MKA Mail 2.jpg

#349029 - 08/13/12 04:36 AM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: bruno123]

The KMA is sold.

Thank you, John C.

#349083 - 08/13/12 11:51 PM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: bruno123]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi John,
I'm seriously considering selling mine as well - I just cannot get comfortable with the operating system - so unfriendly compared to the KN7000..... I have given it what I consider to be a 'fair trial' over the past few months, but I just don't feel happy with it. It has some really good sounds and styles - it's just a shame that the operating system is so 'unfriendly'.

#349085 - 08/14/12 02:15 AM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I can't get my head around the OS either, but the sounds are so good that I use mine to compliment other keyboards.

Bernie

#349116 - 08/14/12 05:01 PM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: Bernie9]

Bernie, please don’t sell until I visit with you; If I had a Kn7000 the KMA would fill in where the Kn7 falls short. The OS on the KMA is different and it made me crazy until I stopped thinking Technics.

I feel that a Kn7 and a KMA make an excellent set up.

John C.

#349117 - 08/14/12 05:05 PM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: bruno123]

Bernie, have you tried using Midi to connect both keyboards? From the Kn7 you trigger off the KMA and all it has to offer. (Style and sound wise)

People are constantly looking for new styles -- With the KMA you bought a boat load of new great styles.

John C.

#349119 - 08/14/12 05:16 PM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: bruno123]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Boys!

Am I glad to hear you all agree that the operating system is 'unfriendly'. When I was at Pakefield last year, I remarked that I thought most of the modern keyboard's O.S. are far from 'User Friendly particularly the Tyros keyboards and there was a shocked silence for a moment, followed by a lot of protests at my remark. However, I still think that in view of the way technology has moved on these past few years, particularly in the 'User Friendly' area, I do not understand why the keyboard manufacturers haven't kept up with it. I agree the keyboards themselves have excellent programming facilities which when used properly are 'magic' but they are badly let down by the O.S. and the Manuals (if you can get one) which are often badly written and/or designed causing much confusion as a result people give up on them.

I have to admit that if it wasn't for friendly Forums such as this one, I would have gone back to an acoustic piano or organ, years ago. Through these Forums and the kindnes of it's members, I have learned so much for which, I shall be forever grateful.

Audrey

#349120 - 08/14/12 05:18 PM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: Bill Norrie]

Bill, one thought is to use the KMA as a sound module with styles and some really great sounds. Your left hand on the Kn7 triggers off the left hand of the KMA --- alla, something new. On the right hand you set up to Chanel/track 5 and the KMA to receive sound on the same Channel/track.

I used a 61 note Midi controller with my Kn7 – both instruments were set on the same channel/track so whatever my Kn7 selected in the 5th Channel/track would sound from the midi controller.

Back in the late 80’s I would midi my guitar; it was equipped with midi, to my keyboard. I was able to sing and strum my guitar and the keyboard followed.
Bill, move away from the OS and find a different use for your KMA it is a good keyboard; you will only be limited by your imagination. Think freely. I did that with my wife and almost got killed. (Grin)

Take care my friend, John C.

#349121 - 08/14/12 05:37 PM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: Audrey Turner]

Boys!

Am I glad to hear you all agree that the operating system is 'unfriendly'. When I was at Pakefield last year, I remarked that I thought most of the modern keyboard's O.S. are far from 'User Friendly particularly the Tyros keyboards and there was a shocked silence for a moment, followed by a lot of protests at my remark. However, I still think that in view of the way technology has moved on these past few years, particularly in the 'User Friendly' area, I do not understand why the keyboard manufacturers haven't kept up with it. I agree the keyboards themselves have excellent programming facilities which when used properly are 'magic' but they are badly let down by the O.S. and the Manuals (if you can get one) which are often badly written and/or designed causing much confusion as a result people give up on them.

I have to admit that if it wasn't for friendly Forums such as this one, I would have gone back to an acoustic piano or organ, years ago. Through these Forums and the kindnes of it's members, I have learned so much for which, I shall be forever grateful.

Audrey

Hi Audrey, you can always count on me to bring a different view – sorry.
I have owned Technics, Yamaha and Korg keyboards and the only way I succeeded with Yamaha and Korg was to clear my mind of how Technics’s worked. After the many years of dedication to Technics that was not an easy task. My age did not make it Any easier.

1-I would ask myself how can I do what I did on my Kn7 on the Tyros? Wrong question. The creator of the Tyros keyboard wants me to use the keyboard as he designed and not as Technics designed theirs. Wow, the Bible is saying the same thing.
2-How long did it take me to master the Technics Kn1000? And didn’t each new Technics model increase my knowledge of how to work the new keyboard?
3-Yamaha and Korg also have easy OS system. Each time I talk to a player who is going to a different make keyboard I would hear the same thing. “Boy this new keyboard is very friendly”.
4-With each new option on a keyboard comes another learning curve; and aren’t we all asking for more new options.

IMHO, John C.

#349131 - 08/15/12 02:55 AM Re: Korg MicroArranger for Sale [Re: bruno123]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John

I never intended to sell my KMA. For the small amount paid, I get a lot of contrasting sounds and styles.

I took it to the band gig Monday with the Nord organ board. The combination was great. I didn't think that little thing could hold it's own-wrong. It cut through the mix wonderfully.

I have connected it to the KN7000 with Midi and triggered the the left hand as stated. It worked well after I chose the right setting on the KN7000.

I know the basics of playing styles and performances, and save to the user area. I still have to figure out how you got two banks of instruments for instant recall.

I saw you just sold your KMA, so didn't know if you could still help me.

I'll call you anyway.

Bernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online