SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#347636 - 07/23/12 03:24 PM Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Here's an arranger keyboard setup that should suit everyone's needs. However, setup time may be a bit long and cumbersome, but it does it all.

Enjoy,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#347637 - 07/23/12 03:47 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

It won't all fit in my front room Gary, there's some old tosh there, no sign of a G70... rotf2

Gary what the song at 4.57 Each time we meet I can't control the love inside, know some of the words but can't think what it was called, YOU ARE MINE ????

Tony

#347642 - 07/23/12 04:48 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, the song is somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind, but for the life of me I cannot recall the title. You Are Mine is a religious song written many, many years ago.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#347645 - 07/23/12 05:10 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
There was a guy down the Jersey Shore who did a similar but even bigger thing before the Midi days. Al Rondo. B3 with 4 leslies, Conn theatre organ on his left with 4 gyro speakers ( 2/12" speakers on a spininng disk to give the string sounds a real vibrato) Mic'd baby grand on his right, two mini moogs on top of the B3. And probably about 8 15" speakers just for the pedals. Used a drum tracks 8 track drum machine and made the whole system sound like a symphony. Bus trips used to come to the Beacon Manor in Point Pleasant NJ to hear him. He could play ANYTHING AND he was blind. He was or still may be around but unbelivable !!! He could hold the crowd until midnight when he did his patriotic tribute and made the whole building shake. Waitresses would come out of the side doors with red/white/blue cupcakes with lit sparklers for the crowd. I feel fortunate to have seen him many times. Years later he moved to a place called PJ Ruggles and updated his system using synths, yamaha organ and 8 JBL 18" 3 way cabinets to be even more powerful. He invented "Live" Kareoke" People would come to sing and he would back them up-- any song, any key, all by ear. Last I heard he was just doing private parties with a Yamaha keyboard. If this guy in Florida is from Jersey, and he talks like he is, he must have known him

#347646 - 07/23/12 05:33 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: Bill Lewis]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
There was a guy down the Jersey Shore who did a similar but even bigger thing before the Midi days. Al Rondo. B3 with 4 leslies, Conn theatre organ on his left with 4 gyro speakers ( 2/12" speakers on a spininng disk to give the string sounds a real vibrato) Mic'd baby grand on his right, two mini moogs on top of the B3. And probably about 8 15" speakers just for the pedals. Used a drum tracks 8 track drum machine and made the whole system sound like a symphony. Bus trips used to come to the Beacon Manor in Point Pleasant NJ to hear him. He could play ANYTHING AND he was blind. He was or still may be around but unbelivable !!! He could hold the crowd until midnight when he did his patriotic tribute and made the whole building shake. Waitresses would come out of the side doors with red/white/blue cupcakes with lit sparklers for the crowd. I feel fortunate to have seen him many times. Years later he moved to a place called PJ Ruggles and updated his system using synths, yamaha organ and 8 JBL 18" 3 way cabinets to be even more powerful. He invented "Live" Kareoke" People would come to sing and he would back them up-- any song, any key, all by ear. Last I heard he was just doing private parties with a Yamaha keyboard. If this guy in Florida is from Jersey, and he talks like he is, he must have known him

The last time I seen Al..he was in SeaGirt....He was playing two Kurz MIDI controllers and the Yamaha organ (the Kurz's flanked the Yamaha on each side)...There was a rack of sound modules...Al had a big sound...he had a polished sound, and like Bill said...He played anything you wanted to sing too...

#347649 - 07/23/12 05:48 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#347653 - 07/23/12 06:34 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: Fran Carango]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
WOW !! didn't know he was still playing. We used to go see him every year for my birthday. Last time was Brennan's but that was a few years ago. He was playing the Yamaha board doing mostly piano with strings back round music. Still great. We sat at the bar next to "Big Joe Henry" from Nj 101.5
A neat sidebar about Al. Once he met you he never forgot your voice. Every year I would go say hello and he remembered my name and that I was a musician (Not like him !!)) First time he heard an arranger keyboard was at my friends music store in Sea Girt " The Music Place" After hearing the Korg do a big band Style he just said " Sounds like a Japanese Big Band" but, like everything else he bought two.

So glad to hear Al is still doing it and I will make it a point to get there to see him one more time. Thanks Fran !!

#347655 - 07/23/12 07:20 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: Tony Hughes]
124 Offline

Tony, I think it's called 'The World Outside'. I think it's based on a classical piece, but can't remember which.

#347667 - 07/23/12 10:20 PM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

124 that helped me find it thanks its THE WARSAW CONCERTO

Here it is a bit heavy use of the bass for me

#347718 - 07/24/12 11:47 AM Re: Your arranger keyboard prayers have been answered. [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You know, for an arranger that has been out of production for several years, it is quite astonishing how often the G70 is still brought up by detractors. Tony and Ian can barely post anything without trying to get a dig in about something that isn't even being MADE!

Perhaps it has been much more of an influence than many are willing to admit..?

Certainly, it seems that nobody is always taking a dig at old Yamaha's, or Korg's, Technic's or Bontempi's. Always the G70.

Me, I'd ALWAYS prefer to use something that is never forgotten! It's been what, 8-9 years since it came out..? I don't hear Tony or Ian ragging on the BK-5, or the E50, or G1000's, or VA7's. Somehow, mysteriously (as long as you discount malice, and we KNOW they have none of that, don't we?!) it's always the G70.

Sounds like the ladies doth protest too much!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online