SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#347635 - 07/23/12 03:11 PM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: Ron Pierce]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Ron Pierce
Gary,
God Speed. August 10th will be here before you know it. Our prayers are with you.
Ron

That's the problem the 10th August 2013 will be here before you know it dance2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347638 - 07/23/12 03:57 PM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
DAMN !!! I 'lay low' for a couple of days and come back to THIS ?!?!? ... shocked

I can't leave you guys alone for a minute ...

Gary ... Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers ...

Lydia will be putting you on our Church prayer chain for a full and rapid recovery ...

Get well, good friend ...

Be good to one another, folks we don't know what the next second will bring ...

#347647 - 07/23/12 05:38 PM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Spoke with Gary tonight ... You would never know he had a problem ... He's one tough ol' fart !!! rocker

#347648 - 07/23/12 05:44 PM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: tony mads usa]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Best of health for you, in the future........

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#347656 - 07/23/12 07:23 PM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Wow, just caught wind of this myself. Gary, hope all goes well for you and that you're back in the groove reallly soon.

#347672 - 07/24/12 02:21 AM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: DonM]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Best wishes Gary. I am confident you will put this behind you.

#347675 - 07/24/12 06:28 AM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: DonM]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
400 gigs a year is way too many! Cut back to 390 or something so you'll have more time for SZ!
Take care, Get well soon.

#347704 - 07/24/12 09:43 AM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: DonM]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Dang, get well! (I still haven't gone to my storage locker.)

Same thing happened to me, Gary, the first stent plugged off. They don't tell you that it happens quite often, lol. We can't take a day granted, can we.

#347706 - 07/24/12 10:07 AM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
First and foremost, I wish to sincerely thank everyone for their prayers and well-wishes. I just walked up the hill to the mailbox, a trip of only 500-feet, but all uphill, and it was somewhat difficult. Guess I'm not Superman, but with a fair amount of work on my part I hope to get back in shape within the next couple months.

The doctors told me to loose about 30 pounds, so I've resumed the South Beach Diet program as of this morning. That means cutting out Margarettas, Kickapoo Joy Juice, and Coors Light - at least for the immediate future. I got a head start on the weight loss, dropping 7-pounds during the 5-day hospital stay. 30 pounds will put me down to 180, which is where all the docs said I should be.

I've been reducing my performance schedule, and this year, not counting private parties and an occasional nite-club fill-in job, I'll probably hit about 200 jobs. That's a 50 percent reduction, which I think is pretty significant.

I'm still planning on sailing to the Florida Keys, Dry Tortugas, and maybe, the Bahamas, a voyage of about 4,000 nautical miles that will begin October 1. I was planning on taking my equipment with me and performing in some of the Tiki Bars around Marathon and Big Pine Keys. The docs said if I can build up my physical endurance by October 1, there's no medical reason why I should change my plans, and one of the docs said he would personally fly down to Marathon and give me a physical checkup if I would take him sailing to the Dry Tortugas. We shook hands on that deal. The voyage will last a total of 7-months, and I hope to return to Maryland by April 1 to resume my performance schedule here.

Thanks again, everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#347710 - 07/24/12 10:39 AM Re: Gary dodged a Bullet. [Re: DonM]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Glad to hear you aren't prevented from performing. I can only dread what most of our lives would end up like if we were unable to do what we love most in life. For many here, that would be performing, or at least playing for ourselves.

Add some sailing in to that, and it looks like life is still treating you well despite the odd setback, Gary.

Good to hear.

Stop by Destin Harbor any time, Gary. I can work on a low-carb Kickapoo Joy Juice substitute in the meantime!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online