SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#348315 - 08/03/12 06:54 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Fran why in the world are you doing music for peanuts? You are the only one here on the forum that has the potential to make big, big money.

You're in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, you could be in the right place at the right time in less than a couple of days. Run for something, be a politician !!

One bit of extremely good advice though is to change the being up front honest approach. Continue to use the in your face up front approach. but be conniving and tell half truths some times, but most of the time you have to be very dishonest. In other words lie lie lie.

The voters will love you to take advantage of them. Read lots of newspapers you'll be richer than Rush one day. Ha ha!
Sorry Fran, "The Devil Made Me Do It." Hey Don this could be a country song too.

#348316 - 08/03/12 08:25 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: brickboo]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Chas

If you made 90mil a minute, no one would like you any better. Same goes for me. You (we) are too damn obnoxious son!!

Tell the truth! If you weren't a bricklayer, you must have been or are a Hod Carrier right?

You ain't fooling no body you old fart.

Don't remember carrying any Hods but then again, I wasn't always completely sober in my youth so I may have carried a Hod or two. As far as being an 'ol' fart', you're right on the money with that one, a characteristic I share with two of my heroes, Fran and Russ, along with our mutual STRONG admiration for 'the ladies'. Sadly, only Fran seems to be able to get any, BUT, like a dog chasing a car, what do you do when you catch it?

smile

chas

#348321 - 08/03/12 09:42 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: cgiles]
brickboo Offline

[quote
Don't remember carrying any Hods but then again, I wasn't always completely sober in my youth so I may have carried a Hod or two. As far as being an 'ol' fart', you're right on the money with that one, a characteristic I share with two of my heroes, Fran and Russ, along with our mutual STRONG admiration for 'the ladies'. Sadly, only Fran seems to be able to get any, BUT, like a dog chasing a car, what do you do when you catch it?
chas

Chas,
I know what ya mean friend. I'm down to three times a night thinking about it. What's funny is it's OK. It's not a big deal anymore, and really who doesn't enjoy a pretty face eh?

But still to me it is extremely annoying if they are tone deaf and sing out of tune. I can't stand it.

It's like McLean Stevens said on a show one night when this broad walks into the room with a 2 foot high hair do. He says to a friend next to him, "man with harr like that she could be "QUEEN OF COUNTRY."

He had an outfit on that looked like it was made of pure silver with sequins on it and a ten gallon hat way bigger than a Mexican sombrero! I'd love to see that show one more time before I go.

#348322 - 08/03/12 09:46 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Sheeesh.... I hope no one is drinking while they are performing on stage.....and driving afterwards?

Edited by Dnj (08/03/12 09:46 AM)

#348323 - 08/03/12 10:01 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Sheeesh.... I hope no one is drinking while they are performing on stage.....and driving afterwards?

????????????

#348325 - 08/03/12 10:57 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Donny,

Catching me drinking and driving is impossible. Even when young playing five 6AM jam sessions a week, I didn't drink. I'm a teetotaler.

Many of our family friends told me, man you're just like your Dad. Well the story is that my Dad was the nicest guy you'd ever meet.

However, when drinking he thought that he was Clark Gable and that all of the ladies were madly in love with him. Then, if the husbands objected, he immediately turned into "MIKE TYSON." NO Crap!!! I saw it with my own eyes.

So if I was just like him according to many comments, I figured I'd not drink at all and learn to apologize like "Big Tiny" DonM.

That's what I don't like about bands. Many members drink way too much and if they're not doing that they are smoking too much marijuana or snorting something else.

They ought to take "Ativan." It is more affordable, less habit forming, works great, it's legal and helps millions cope. However, it doesn't make you play your ax better like marijuana, coke, herion, opium and all the other [potty mouth] they take. What a world eh?

#348333 - 08/03/12 04:15 PM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Bill Lewis]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
OMG Bill- I think yours works for me now!

As for drinking on the gig- that time is long over. I'll have one in the beginning to loosen up, and then it's pepsi/coke to keep me going. And I always have water on stage. Sometimes I'll have one if a customer buys to keep good "audience" relations, but I've even politely said no to that at times. I need to say awake for some of those 2+ hour rides home.

At this age, I'm basically banned from drinking with the medications I take. I'm no kid- the stuff just puts me to sleep!

Edited by sparky589 (08/03/12 04:23 PM)

#348335 - 08/03/12 04:29 PM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: brickboo]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Sonya did this some time ago but sings with me now..don't know who put it together but video seems out of sync with vocal but you get the idea...can anybody open this?

Attachments
Copy 3 of Sonya Parthe- How Do I Live.zip (42 downloads)

#348342 - 08/03/12 07:21 PM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sparky,

Couldn't open the Zip file, but I can relate to out of synch video to audio. Much of this has to do with the conversion, and it took me some time to figure it out. The various video formats have differing synch problems, but with a bit of work you can synch them using Windows Live Movie Maker.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#348343 - 08/03/12 07:53 PM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Boo drinking is the least of it with many,... hey, I'm out here in NJ gigging almost every day or night and Water is my BEST friend on stage...especially as a vocalist/player.

Edited by Dnj (08/03/12 07:56 PM)

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online