SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#348345 - 08/03/12 08:43 PM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I don't suspect anyone Donny.

Back in the day the drinking and pot was becoming real prevalent. I'm like Bill Clinton and most every other human, I experimented. I was lucky and a friend scared the he** out of me about drugs and such after he found out. I did some Benzedrine and a beer every night while gigging for about a week or two at the time.

It a shame but here in Grand Junction they show commercials with people with sores all over their faces and rotten teeth but I don't think it even makes a dent in the meth problem. I was 24 when I was scared out of the drug scene. Nothing scares these kids today. Not even death by over dosing.

#348347 - 08/03/12 10:35 PM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Boo drinking is the least of it with many,... hey, I'm out here in NJ gigging almost every day or night and Water is my BEST friend on stage...especially as a vocalist/player.

Edited by Dnj (Today at 08:56 PM)

Did I miss something? How do you "edit" a post? I thought you couldn't do that once you posted it?

Mark

#348361 - 08/04/12 08:03 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: sparky589
Sonya did this some time ago but sings with me now..don't know who put it together but video seems out of sync with vocal but you get the idea...can anybody open this?

Could not open with winzip ... confused1

#348362 - 08/04/12 08:04 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Boo drinking is the least of it with many,... hey, I'm out here in NJ gigging almost every day or night and Water is my BEST friend on stage...especially as a vocalist/player.

Water with lemon, no ice, thank you ...

#348363 - 08/04/12 08:07 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: sparky589
Sometimes I'll have one if a customer buys to keep good "audience" relations, but I've even politely said no to that at times.

At one venue I worked for a while, if a customer would tell the bartender he wanted to buy me a drink, the bartender would tell them "he doesn't drink, but he does have a tip jar" ... smile

#348366 - 08/04/12 08:53 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

T....in the clubs years ago...when the "BOYS" would buy shots I'd come over to the bar after a set or to the tables and there would be maybe 5 or 6 shot glasses turned upside down on the counter just waiting for me from the "family"......but the barkeeps all knew I didn't drink & that they would always keep a Empty Vodka bottle under the bar full of water just for these
"have a drink with us" moments,...this way I wouldn't get drunk to keep playing,....and I had a way to not show any "disrespect" to them...I'd just raise my glass and say "Salute".....& thank you and all was well. Not to mention many times the from them the "gratuities" were better then my nights salary also.. wink

Ciao

Edited by Dnj (08/04/12 08:56 AM)

#348369 - 08/04/12 10:58 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
T....in the clubs years ago...when the "BOYS" would buy shots I'd come over to the bar after a set or to the tables and there would be maybe 5 or 6 shot glasses turned upside down on the counter just waiting for me from the "family"......but the barkeeps all knew I didn't drink & that they would always keep a Empty Vodka bottle under the bar full of water just for these
"have a drink with us" moments,...this way I wouldn't get drunk to keep playing,....and I had a way to not show any "disrespect" to them...I'd just raise my glass and say "Salute".....& thank you and all was well. Not to mention many times the from them the "gratuities" were better then my nights salary also.. wink

Ciao

Donny, "Not to disrespect them"...they paid for vodka and it was water.. smile

I have a different approach...Just no thanks," I don't drink...unless we can get a milk shake here" smile

I use to get the "buy you a drink" all the time too...but I never cared for booze...I remember ..it was October 1989, a waitress bought me a drink, and I told her this will be the last drink for me....and it was..True story, and no I never had a drinking problem smile ...but why put yourself into a position that you have to do what someone else wants you to do...
It hasn't been a problem for me to decline a "drink"...and I don't ever recall someone that was insulted..as for the establishment...I did my best to keep the customer there..they didn't need my "drink"..

#348370 - 08/04/12 11:27 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Fran what's the difference.....most bars water down the booze with water anyway what a racket...when someone buys you a drink its an act of friendship...or a way to try to get laid....heck a bottle of water in clubs cost $5.00 or more in a nice coctal lounge like we have here on the shore .....

#348371 - 08/04/12 11:58 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I'm impressed about you guys not drinking. I'm proud to call ya'll friends, even if you're fed up with my OT from Arranger post.

#348483 - 08/06/12 09:38 AM Re: about a female vocalist [Re: brickboo]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I drank 4 old fashion glasses full of brandy 6 nights a week for 30 years (one per hour....16 ounces.). SCARY! Quit cold turkey in 1988.

Now, I try to avoid playing in local bars, where a significant percentage of the regulars have ruined their lives with booze.It's sad just being there and knowing I was almost in the same position.

Hardest part of quitting was realizing that I really didn't get better by 1:00 AM.

First time I heard me stone sober at quitting time, I really stuck to a practice schedule LOL.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (08/06/12 09:41 AM)

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online