SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#347106 - 07/16/12 02:08 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Fran Carango]
Tony Hughes Offline

The most that's every been written in peace time above for the MS, pity the same can't be said for playing it. keys man and machine in perfect harmony... or is it... woot thats why they sold so many, or only bought by the choosen few

#347107 - 07/16/12 02:11 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nedim

Nidem,

As the oil not run out of the MS in that position... rotf2 at least the Kronos gets played. If you are not using the MS why don't you let Dony borrow it for a short while, hell SZ will be back to it's old self, on fire.

#347109 - 07/16/12 02:15 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Hey Ian, yes,, Drums, Rhytam/Power Guitars and Lead will be all for the PA3X,
it will be few different of each...maybe next 2 months i guess. It wont be all
Heavy Metal or Hard Rock, it will be lighter stuff too.

#347112 - 07/16/12 02:28 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: ianmcnll]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
There are a couple things the MS does that are second to none...The interface and control, when using VST's and Giga samples are unbeatable...it is near zero latency and you can not tell the sound and keys are not connected as the Kronos etc..

In fact I have found it impossible to get the same quality results with a laptop (even my high end laptop) and any combination of controller keyboards I have used ..15ms seems to be the best latency I have found..

The MS loaded with my 1 gig Steinway B giga sample and the Native Instruments B4 ( with the Lionstracs B4 interface) are unmatched by any other piano and organ sounds to date...

Just this capability is enough for me to use the MS...

I'm guessing Fran, but you have the 76-note Mediastation (as in Nedim's picture above)?

Latency is a real issue with most VST's and controller keyboards, plus some keyboards/workstations as well...are you saying you found the Kronos has some latency?

With the B4 interface, are you able to assign Mediastation sliders to control all nine drawbars? That would be cool.

Also, how does the MS's semi-weighted action work for both piano sounds and organ sounds...on par with the way your G-70 handles them?

In other words, is it a good compromise for both?

Ian

Ian ..No I am not saying anything negative about the Kronos..I have hardly played it, although I do think Korg loaded some engines that were never any good from the beginning...Just being able to use these in combination with each other...doesn't impress me.. smile

The Media Station has default settings when the B4 is selected all the panel controls (sliders etc) function with B4 automatically.

Back to the Kronos...if you used the Kronos as a controller (USB), with a laptop as I stated earlier..you would have the same latency results I have mentioned (around 15 ms at best without artifacts)..

The Keybed is excellent on the MS, and there are detail settings for velocities across the board if you desire to set it up..It works great with piano (I have the 76 semi weighted keybed)..and the B4 default works great with organ..
The keybed is on par with the G70...

#347121 - 07/16/12 03:01 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
HI Nedim

Not bad at all, however you definitely need to work on the solo guitar sound, as it sounds like a synth rather than a guitar.

Look forward to more tunes in the future

Bill

#347124 - 07/16/12 03:12 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Tony Hughes]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
The most that's every been written in peace time above for the MS, pity the same can't be said for playing it. keys man and machine in perfect harmony... or is it... woot thats why they sold so many, or only bought by the choosen few

Nedim, I was wondering ..who bought the other X-76 grin

Now Tony knows the score smile

#347125 - 07/16/12 03:17 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Regarding latency with a laptop, you need an external interface with quality ASIO drivers to get rid of latency.

http://www.usb-audio.com/

Bill

#347126 - 07/16/12 03:17 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Fran, i think Tony has one (the other one) but he just dont want to...hypocrit...LOLZ.

#347128 - 07/16/12 03:28 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nedim,

I know a scam when I see one, I nearly feel into the trap and bought one, glad I didn't, the Audya was bad enough, here in the UK we don't part with our money that easily. Have you thought about lending it to Donny???? cry

It's taken two years and at last Frans has typed my name.... taz I'm on top of the World

#347129 - 07/16/12 03:31 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Dnj Offline

Tony after playing Fran's MS I definitly don't need one....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online