SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#347145 - 07/16/12 08:16 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: abacus
Regarding latency with a laptop, you need an external interface with quality ASIO drivers to get rid of latency.

http://www.usb-audio.com/

Bill

Bill, I do use a Edirol audio interface with advanced driver option....it is manageable , but not near the zero latency of the MS...I don't understand how Dom got it at zero, but it works great..

What about your Wersi...does it handle VST's near zero latency?

#347146 - 07/16/12 08:20 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Tony Hughes]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Nedim,

I know a scam when I see one, I nearly feel into the trap and bought one, glad I didn't, the Audya was bad enough, here in the UK we don't part with our money that easily. Have you thought about lending it to Donny???? cry

It's taken two years and at last Frans has typed my name.... taz I'm on top of the World

Tony...Tony...TONY!!!! The MediaStation requires someone with patience and a broad understanding of computers......Now we know there are not many here on Synth Zone with those credentials...especially Mr Impatient Donny...

Now get off that globe before you fall and break your neck....

#347149 - 07/16/12 09:30 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Nedim
Coming up for PA3X, everything that you hear below, just one example:

http://soundcloud.com/basaristudios/korg-kronos-heavy-metal-rock

Nedim....outstanding sound! Is this a preview of the PA3x update that's due out around now?

Also...how are the multiple melody notes being performed at :27 (the 2nd half of the Miserlou song)? Is it the player or the machine doing it?

#347152 - 07/16/12 10:11 PM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Tony after playing Fran's MS I definitly don't need one....

Donny mi old ship mate,

That's just what I wanted to hear, then you must have been the old person to play it, cause he doesn't ... not that we have heard... sofa I think it was all hype, it was never going anywhere. Glad I saw the light, the Italians have had all the money there are having out of me with the Audya, they only make good wine now and California caught up a long time ago!!! rotf2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347153 - 07/17/12 02:56 AM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Fran

No discernible latency with the Wersi providing you keep within the CPU capabilities, (As with any computer) also the main sound engine used by Wersi is a VST, (Specifically Steinberg’s Hypersonic VST) and is fully optimised with the OS (Win XP for OAS 7 and Windows 7 for Pegasus Wing) to give the best performance possible.

OAS 7 instruments also have a separate DSP card (Which is what the ASIO driver uses) to allow full compatibility with the previous versions of OAS sounds etc. as well as some of the processing for OAS 7. (Pegasus Wing uses a USB ASIO driver that works with the custom Wersi interface board inside)

I am surprised you are having this much problem with latency on your laptop (Unless you’re using the unmitigated disaster known as Windows Vista of course) as my Win 7 machine with its on-board chipset can easily achieve 7ms using ASIO4All, so latency using a quality interface and driver is pretty much a non-entity.

Just make sure you have the latest driver and ASIO drivers for your interface, as this can make a big difference.

Hope this helps

Bill

#347159 - 07/17/12 04:47 AM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Bill I do use Vista...and asio4all.. on my laptop...I have the same results with another laptop running XP and asio4all..(this is an older Compaq and not as powerful as my Toshiba running Vista)..

They are not performing badly...but noticeble while I play and feel the connection to the key response....just enough to annoy me, especially when I play the MS with better results...I always thought it to be a Windows problem...MS runs Linux..

#347164 - 07/17/12 07:01 AM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Fran

ASIO4All is a general purpose driver for sound cards (Interfaces) that don’t have their own dedicated ASIO drivers, (Normally consumer quality cards) however if you get a pro card (Interface) it will have its own dedicated ASIO drivers, and you will find the latency problems will disappear. (Even Vista should be noticeably improved)

Check to see if there are any dedicated ASIO drivers for you interface, if not then you will probably have to buy a new interface that does have its own ASIO drivers.

NOTE: ASIO drivers bypass all the Windows systems and allow the software to access the sound card/interface directly; hence the reason dedicated ones will outdo ASIO4All.

Bill

#347165 - 07/17/12 07:06 AM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Bill I do use the advanced Edirol driver with my Edirol interface...it does out perform Asio4all..

#347168 - 07/17/12 07:43 AM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Fran Carango Offline

Bill, I looked close in my MixCraft5 (my wrapper)preference window....besides selecting my Edirol driver, I noticed an unchecked box...stating for under 20 ms..check Exclusive mode...low and behold I achieved latency of 3 ms...I am a happy camper...Even the BK5 value increased as a light controlling keyboard for the laptop...

I will experiment a bit more with Forte (wrapper) and see if I can get the same success....though Mixcraft5 is my go to choice...

#347169 - 07/17/12 07:44 AM Re: Drums, Rhytam Guitars(Power Chords) Solo Guitars [Re: Nedim]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Hey Mark, thanks...no man, Korg wouldnt do something like this, it is a Set i am working on.
The Tremolo Playing after 21 is real playing not the machine performing, it is another layer
on the Solo Guitar, there is also the Mutes, Scream and other Articulations Sampled.
What i mean is, the machine is performing of course but not some kind of effect but real
Tremolo has been Sampled and you play it the way you like it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online