SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#346812 - 07/11/12 04:49 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Dnj]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Or you can memorize music and lyrics...?.

Donny,

I automatically make the chord changes instinctively. How in the hell am I supposed to remember the lyrics when half the time I can't remember my name. Ha ha!

You, Dave, DonM and Gary are my favorites. You guys are great!!!!
Besides, I'm no hypocrite you guys are the AAA, #1, King of the hill, Top of the heap too ( I forget the rest of the lyrics). Donny, see what I mean.
Thanks again for all the MIDIs friend. They are great too.

#346814 - 07/11/12 06:08 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
In order to post a photo on this site you must first store it at an internet location, Photobucket, etc...

Then, it's just a matter of referencing the location by using the Full Reply Screen, click on the Enter An Image icon on the toolbar, then paste in the internet location of the photo.

The other option is to use the UBB code [img] (the internet location of the photo) followed by [/img] all with no spaces.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (07/11/12 06:09 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#346816 - 07/11/12 06:37 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Problem is, when people see the laptop they immediately assume that you are a KJ or DJ, despite the fact that they can see you playing the keyboard and singing. I have never been able to figure that out, but that's one of the reasons I went with the tiny netbook PC so it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Gary cool

Yep, that is so true, and is especially so when the performer's act is primarily based on his/her vocals. KJ's and DJ's certainly have their place, but I don't want to be mistaken for one.

In a way, I am glad I have stuck to still using my three music binders and a standalone music stand, although the dots are there mainly for a security blanket, and I rarely use 'em, preferring to maintain as much eye contact with the audience as possible.

Sometimes "new" isn't always "better", although I think your idea of using a tiny netbook PC is a good one, indeed.

Ian

#346817 - 07/11/12 07:26 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: ianmcnll]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA

Thanks for the info Gary.

7" VGA monitor reads text files (only) sent from my Midjay Plus. You can enter lyrics and chords, but not music scores - you have to go to Korg for that.
I attach the monitor to my mic stand and set it at about eye level so that I can eliminate looking down to read lyrics. Most people are surprised that I am reading some of the lyrics because the height of the monitor gives the appearance that I'm looking straight into the audience.
Ciao,
Jerry

#346818 - 07/11/12 07:29 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Jerry T]
Jerry T Offline

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii554/JerryTCroce/Cutillos-December11x.jpg

Sorry ... tried to post 2 different photos, not 2 of the same.
Ciao

#346819 - 07/11/12 07:33 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Bill Lewis]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That's a slick setup, Jerry...tidy and streamlined, especially considering you are using two units.

What are you using for vocal/keyboard monitor, and where is it set up, or is that a Bose system behind you?

Ian

#346820 - 07/11/12 09:09 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Jerry T]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerry T
... Hello, my name is Jerry and I'm impaired ...

Hello, my name is Tony and I'm inpain with all this lot.... rotfl

I just sit on at the KB and play, I don't know how I do it, a bit like Sparky, BTW Sparky is not a SZ member
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#346823 - 07/11/12 11:58 PM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Tony Hughes]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Why not get an IPad instead of the laptop and save from all this extra work since it does those functions extremely well and less noticeable .Tons of 3rd party music hardware too(music/mic stand adaptirs to USB foot switches plus it will play almost all formats).

Edited by jamman (07/11/12 11:59 PM)

#346826 - 07/12/12 01:12 AM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Jerry T]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
All you have to do to post pics on the new SZ is:

Click New Topic or Reply > File Manager > Browse (select pic)> Add File > Done Adding Files > Submit.

And you're all done. No need for photobucket or anything of that nature anymore. And these pics will be permanent unlike doing it the other way.

Edited by Scott Langholff (07/12/12 01:36 AM)

#346835 - 07/12/12 07:23 AM Re: Saw a Great Act last night [Re: Scott Langholff]
Jerry T Offline

Thanks Gary and Scott ... I successfully posted a couple of pics.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online